Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It’s probably because this is her last record with Interscope and so they are not pushing her to promote it. I think she’s in for a shock if she gets a new deal and she’s required to actually do more then just make the music. 

How do we know it's her last with Interscope?

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Born to Die and Paradise were Lana taking her experiences and spinning them into these evocative and enhanced visions of the reality she once knew.

Lust for Life was Lana subverting that reality and challenging the moral foundations upon which she operates, marking a transition. 

Norman Fucking Rockwell! and Chemtrails Over the Country Club were sabbaticals that showed a day-in-the-life of Lana and consolidated her creative vision.

Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, and Blue Banisters are the complex and intricate autobiographical recounts that are the fruit of Lana's labour. These three records are where the heavy lifting of turning all the way inward happens – and yields the most rewards.

(8 days, 9 hours, and 23 minutes!) 

This is a really great way to outline the themes of each album and how they all connect to one another. 

To me, Blue Banisters is somewhat shaping up to be a beautiful little mix of Ultraviolence and Honeymoon in terms of lyrics and themes. All three of those albums (so far) feel like her most honest and vulnerable yet. I don't know if they'll be sonically similar at all, but regardless, I think that those three albums will be able to be listened to one after the other and tell a fantastic story.  

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

This is a really great way to outline the themes of each album and how they all connect to one another. 

To me, Blue Banisters is somewhat shaping up to be a beautiful little mix of Ultraviolence and Honeymoon in terms of lyrics and themes. All three of those albums (so far) feel like her most honest and vulnerable yet. I don't know if they'll be sonically similar at all, but regardless, I think that those three albums will be able to be listened to one after the other and tell a fantastic story.  

This is exactly what I have been thinking! (no surprise bestie, great minds think alike :wub:)

21 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

It frightens me though. If this album doesn't do well on the charts/sales what does that mean for her reputation with her label? The only reason they allow Lana to chill is because she continues to dominate, but this era she has completely gone MIA therefore resulting in probably her worst chart debut yet. 

i think they don’t care that much about charts this time, she already got a #2 debut this year without trying and she sold a shit ton of vinyls for BB so they’ll get their money either way. at the end of the day they’ll have sold her vinyls/cd’s and she’ll have great pure sales and that’s more important than streaming (which she still has anyway due to her back catalog like BTD just hit 3.5 billions streams on spotify alone f.e) 

1 minute ago, Heavy Metal Hitter said:

Wait,  I pre-ordered my album from her official site, but I am from Europe, will my copy count for US Billboard 200 or no ?

no ur from europe 

12 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

This is a edit right? (still really curious what the full photo from that cover would look like).

Her head seems enormous in this :bebe:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

does iyldntm reuse the melody from american?

I must admit I am tad disappointed about the apparent lack of trap beats on BBS. I was so sure it was going to follow Interlude thematically. I'll still pop my pussy to guitars tho :umadney:

4 minutes ago, fantascination said:

I must admit I am tad disappointed about the apparent lack of trap beats on BBS. I was so sure it was going to follow Interlude thematically. I'll still pop my pussy to guitars tho :umadney:

If it helps, there’s no confirmation to whether or not it has trap beats 

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

Well...I can be delusional but I  started to think that "edited photo" of Lana for alternative cover can be true :toofloppy:

I remember that before COTCC was out Lana and Charlie I guess went to some mountain and Charlie used dragon emoji and Ed used that same emoji when he posted announcement of Lana new album with that same alternative cover :isee:

I can't wait. I'm so excited!! I can just image on the 22nd at midnight (or even sooner :sass:) when it finally drops and I get to put my headphones on full blast and fall in love with Lana Del Rey all over again :oprah: then empty my bank account on the merch drop :glasses:  then play it on repeat literally for the rest of the year :beyonce:

i am realizing we've been spoiled with leaks in past album cycles. the thought of listening to the album in full at midnight on a friday is so lame to me for some reason LMAO

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, plastiscguy said:

lana-meditating.png

Lol not Win Edwards 

42 minutes ago, baddisease said:

How do we know it's her last with Interscope?

We don’t it’s rumoured to be, I think she signed a 5 album deal after Ultraviolence 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

48 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

It frightens me though. If this album doesn't do well on the charts/sales what does that mean for her reputation with her label? The only reason they allow Lana to chill is because she continues to dominate, but this era she has completely gone MIA therefore resulting in probably her worst chart debut yet. 

I think labels care more about total sales than chart placement. She is going to sell the same amount, just in different weeks. With vinyl shipping a week later they are also securing a good second week. 

I think she can easily outsell Elton just with CDs, streaming and digital sales tho, the problem are older albums that are still going strong in the top 5.

Also I don't think Lana disappearing from social media will have that much of a negative impact on sales. People that want to listen to it will regardless of Lana reminding them the album is coming or not. She doesn't do that much promo herself anyway. She would just post a link and that's it :thumb3:

giphy.gif