Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

40 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Young Thug announced he is releasing Oct 15. I think Lana can definitely beat him since he will be on his second week when she’s on her first week. If he does huge streaming numbers that are sustained into his second week, he could be a threat.

Last time I've heard about Young Thug was in the early 2010s. Also Lana and Young Thug have different fan bases. I don't know a single Lana stan who listens to those type of rappers. If Arctic Monkeys or The Neighbourhood released a record in that period it would've been REALLY bad for Lana, otherwise chillax. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

28 minutes ago, Yayo6408 said:

Weekly album charts are somehow overrated, I think what really matters is how many copies are sold in a year or in a longer period of time.

I think what really matters is not much an artist sells, but the quality of their work. Getting a #1 or selling millions of copies is cool, but what’s even cooler is doing it with a qualitative body of work, not something mediocre that’s meant to appeal to the masses

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

10 hours ago, your dealer said:

Not this thread dying :rollin:

we need to bring back the energy of the pre pre release thread. 

We sorta run out of options… tracklist is posted, insiders gave us the tea on the songs we knew nothing about, there are no interviews, she’s off the grid… watch out this thread though if the album leaks because of early shipments… 

1 hour ago, Yayo6408 said:

Weekly album charts are somehow overrated, I think what really matters is how many copies are sold in a year or in a longer period of time.

51 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I think what really matters is not much an artist sells, but the quality of their work. Getting a #1 or selling millions of copies is cool, but what’s even cooler is doing it with a qualitative body of work, not something mediocre that’s meant to appeal to the masses

Agree with both of you! If a number 1 album was the goal with her previous albums, since Norman, I don’t think it matters that much to Interscope: Norman was a critic darling, Chemtrails had impressive vinyl sales… Lana is a singer-songwriter. To wish for her to sell as many albums as the top five pop female stars is utopia at this point. 

This album has me so happy with the tracklist so far, especially with the leaked songs. My only deception though is Rock Candy Sweet being scrapped. I guess it really didn’t fit the vibe of the album. I hope she releases it « soonish » (haha)

Coldplay hasn't made good music since 2005 so they won't be a problem

They are like U2. Great for the first few albums and then the lead singer became a complete tool and it was all downhill from there

Chris Martin's only redeeming quality post 2005 is that he talked Lily Allen down off the edge of a cliff once in Malibu

But I doubt Lana gives a fuck about number one anyway because here we are one month out and she has cruelly abandoned us like a cicada abandons its skin in the summertime

:wtf3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

8 hours ago, The Siren said:

I hope the released version of dealer has fully (re)mastered vocals cos pretty soon I'll grow bored of the unpolished sound. :crai:

pretty sure what leaked was a LQ version of it

2 hours ago, scarlettohara said:

can't wait for this album. another win for the girls! :party: i'm so glad it's illegal for boys to listen to lana :lanahairflip:

i was talking to my coworker yesterday about music and i said i love lana and she said ‘i wasn’t expecting that from a boy’ :defeated:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

29 minutes ago, be sweet said:

text book as an opener is gonna have ajay snatched i just know the beat switch will throw her off

i fucking hope she comes back just to react to this album

also we should have a topic discussing youtubers reactions to BB

5 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i fucking hope she comes back just to react to this album

also we should have a topic discussing youtubers reactions to BB

we could discuss them in the post release thread :flutter:

12 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Have I missed something? Do spill please :wat:

It was a couple of pages back. Lustforlife mostly. I read it quickly so I might recall wrong. Black Bathing Suit is an invite but we don’t know much more (insiders want us to be surprised but LFL fans will love it), one of them apparently has surf rock elements to it (can’t remember which), Sweet Carolina is co-written by her father and Chuck and is the best closer she ever written. 

on another note: 

I love the kitschy spaghetti western elements to Text Book, Wildflower Wildfire,

Arcadia and the Interlude :flutter:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

It was a couple of pages back. Lustforlife mostly. I read it quickly so I might recall wrong. Black Bathing Suit is an invite but we don’t know much more (insiders want us to be surprised), one of them apparently has surf rock elements to it (can’t remember which), Sweet Carolina is co-written by her father and Chuck and is the best closer she ever written. 

Thank you 

OMG we seriously are gonna win so bad aren't we? :crying2:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif