Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

just say you don't like black gay men on top

Now that Lil Nas X has had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want -without being crucified or saying that I'm glamorizing abuse?????? Im fed up with black gay men writers and alt singers saying that I glamorize abuse when in reality I'm just a glamorous person singing about the realities of what we are all now seeing are very prevalent emotionally abusive relationships all over the world. With all of the topics women are finally allowed to explore I just want to say over the last ten years I think it's pathetic that my minor lyrical exploration detailing my sometimes submissive or passive roles in my relationships has often made people say Ive set women back hundreds of years. Let this be clear, I'm not not a feminist -but there has to be a place in feminism for women who look and act like me - the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes- the kind of women who are slated mercilessly for being their authentic, delicate selves, The kind of women who get their own stories and voices taken away from them by stronger women or by men who hate women. I've been honest and optimistic about the challenging relationships I've had. News flash! That's just how it is for many women. And that was sadly my experience up until the point that those records were made. So I just want to say it's been a long 10 years of bullshit reviews up until recently and I've learned a lot from them but I also feel it really paved the way for other women to stop ' putting on a happy face' and to just be able to say whatever the hell they wanted to in their music- unlike my experience where if I even expressed a note of sadness in my first two records I was deemed literally hysterical as though it was literally the 1920s Anyways none of this has anything to do about much but I'll be detailing some of my feelings in my next books of poetry. Yes I'm still making personal reparations with the proceeds of the books to my choice of Native American foundations which I'm very happy about. And I'm sure there will be tinges of what I've been pondering in my new album that comes out October 22nd. Thanks for reading Happy quarantining

u guys, I need this record NOW :defeated: it feels like I'm in sync with it 

- as I type this, there's an approaching thunderstorm :wub: 

- we had tons of wildfires during the summer, and this storm is the big first break from that kind of weather. It feels so good <3

- towards the end of August/beginning of September I was watching the dollars trilogy (where The Trio interlude is from) a lot because my friend just moved away to the desert for grad school and we always used to watch these together

- the last couple of weeks I've been helping my aunt get her house ready for moving, which included painting it a green based grey :creep:

everything is falling right into place :omg: I can only pray I have this same weather on October 22

UbsOye5.png

12 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

u guys, I need this record NOW :defeated: it feels like I'm in sync with it 

- as I type this, there's an approaching thunderstorm :wub: 

- we had tons of wildfires during the summer, and this storm is the big first break from that kind of weather. It feels so good <3

- towards the end of August/beginning of September I was watching the dollars trilogy (where The Trio interlude is from) a lot because my friend just moved away to the desert for grad school and we always used to watch these together

- the last couple of weeks I've been helping my aunt get her house ready for moving, which included painting it a green based grey :creep:

everything is falling right into place :omg: I can only pray I have this same weather on October 22

ohmygod. like b safe but that sounds so exciting. viiiiiiiiiiibing this 

UV/Honeymoon

40 minutes ago, LanasRightCheekFiller said:

Now that Lil Nas X has had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating ......... 

tldr-deal-with-it.gif

1 minute ago, LanasRightCheekFiller said:

i NEED some psychedelic influences on the album, hopefully on BBS. Venice Bitch was the highlight of nfr and i'd like to see something reminiscent of that. 

i think "if you lie down with me" could possibly have psychedelic/uv vibes since it's originally from the ultraviolence era, i get pretty when you cry vibes from that title

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Are the songs in Dolby Atmos for anyone? I saw a screenshot of it a while back ago, but they're still just standard lossless for me...

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't think any of lana's songs are in dolby atmos yet

and should stay that way :hooker: literally the most god awful way of listening to music on airpods imo 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Just now, pin up galore said:

and should stay that way :hooker: literally the most god awful way of listening to music on airpods imo 

i can see the appeal of it, but i do think it's kinda gimmicky, i think regular "stereo" music is perfectly fine :hooker:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

5 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

Even though Apple advertises the AirPods as being "DA Compatible" they are not. You need a proper surround sound system, or a pair of opened-back headphones plugged into a good AMP + DAC to make it worthwhile. AirPods (except maybe the Max ones, idk) just don't have a big enough soundstage. It's a total gimmick on AirPods tbh and should be dropped. Now if Apple could just develop lossless bluetooth technology, that would be the real game changer. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift