Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, misslizzy said:

wait is sweet caroline going to be a diamond cover? or is it not related?:wtf3:

I think that was just a typo since the song is listed on the tracklist as Sweet Carolina

imageproxy.jpg

33 minutes ago, L Del Ray said:

someone said the longest track on the album is text book, i kinda hope that isn’t true since i prefer longer tracks

Boz said that Text Book is "most probably" the longest track or something like that. The way he wrote this is a bit weird though because it kinda implies that he's not entirely sure or that there could be one or two other tracks close to 5 minutes and he can't remember which one is the longest lol. But he could have checked before replying so. Maybe he doesn't have the new tracks - don't forget eclipse's hot tea about BBS - and he's trying to save face. :hooker:

Anyway, leak the production credits! :diva:

Hypnotic :oprah::wowcry:

I don't know how I feel about them having vocals though, lmao...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lol I doubt Rob and Chuck will have vocals although that would be cool and quite intimate. 

"Hypnotic" is an interesting word. I was expecting a very stripped-down COCC-esque acoustic song. Perhaps those spacey synths from BB and Arcadia will be featured again? Or it could be something entirely different. Anyway, I'm excited to listen to this track and see how it sums up the album's themes.

7 minutes ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

Quick question: 

textbook is about Clyaton or the hot cop?

I would guess Sean, as Lana says “there we were in the crowd screaming black lives matter” which presumably took place in the summer 2020 protests, when Lana was dating Sean

9 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I don't know how I feel about them having vocals though

him recording it  doesn't mean he has vocals in it, he's probably just gonna play the piano

7 minutes ago, lovecherrymotion said:

I would guess Sean, as Lana says “there we were in the crowd screaming black lives matter” which presumably took place in the summer 2020 protests, when Lana was dating Sean

Thank u so much  ?  I’m trying to get the timeline of “how we are now” about the BB album… queen of concepts album 

EV7MSk-WsAINB9H.jpg

I think Text Book is about multiple people. I guess you could call it text book, I was looking for the father I wanted back to me suggests that she was in a pattern of using men to replace her father, rather than just one person. 

She also at one point says maybe just the way we're different could set me free and then later people say we're too much alike, but maybe that will finally make it right which again suggests that the song is about multiple relationships, and her overall experience through her text book daddy issues. Given that the album is meant to tell her whole story, it makes sense that she'd start with a topic like this one that people have always associated her with, especially earlier in her career when she sang more about toxic relationships and used the word daddy so often. :true:

The fact that the album ends with Lana not replacing her father with another man, but actually having him back is so truly beautiful :wowcry: