Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

6 hours ago, DCooper said:

I think Text Book is about multiple people. I guess you could call it text book, I was looking for the father I wanted back to me suggests that she was in a pattern of using men to replace her father, rather than just one person. 

She also at one point says maybe just the way we're different could set me free and then later people say we're too much alike, but maybe that will finally make it right which again suggests that the song is about multiple relationships, and her overall experience through her text book daddy issues. Given that the album is meant to tell her whole story, it makes sense that she'd start with a topic like this one that people have always associated her with, especially earlier in her career when she sang more about toxic relationships and used the word daddy so often. :true:

The fact that the album ends with Lana not replacing her father with another man, but actually having him back is so truly beautiful :wowcry:

Wow this has completely shifted my view of the song individually AND as the album opener! thank you!

1 hour ago, sznofthewitch said:

Reveal hidden contents

I played Dealer for my mom and she was VIBING to it, really got into it and was bobbing her head to it and stuff. Then the "mentally ill synth" (as someone here once called it) came on. She looked around and was like, "WHAT is that noise???" all scared.

:rollin:She was not vibing to it after that. 

mentally ill synth dkjhfgjfhg who said thaaaattttt hahahahaha

mUENGN9.png

2 hours ago, Thunder said:

An insider told me that "Beautiful" is a screamer that is anything but beautiful. 

Ok which insider and what else did they say and what else do they know I mean gerl if you're gonna go there just go there

42 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Sweet Caroline is giving me 70s rock ballad vibes and sad piano ballad vibes at the same time.

Is it Sweet Caroline or Sweet Carolina?

I thought someone said it was Carolina so I imagined it might somehow be about South Carolina (like a play on words) but of course Caroline makes more sense

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Is it Sweet Caroline or Sweet Carolina?

I thought someone said it was Carolina so I imagined it might somehow be about South Carolina (like a play on words) but of course Caroline makes more sense

It's Caroline like a person's name

8 hours ago, DCooper said:

I think Text Book is about multiple people. I guess you could call it text book, I was looking for the father I wanted back to me suggests that she was in a pattern of using men to replace her father, rather than just one person. 

She also at one point says maybe just the way we're different could set me free and then later people say we're too much alike, but maybe that will finally make it right which again suggests that the song is about multiple relationships, and her overall experience through her text book daddy issues. Given that the album is meant to tell her whole story, it makes sense that she'd start with a topic like this one that people have always associated her with, especially earlier in her career when she sang more about toxic relationships and used the word daddy so often. :true:

The fact that the album ends with Lana not replacing her father with another man, but actually having him back is so truly beautiful :wowcry:

Is she always talking about her real daddy? ;)

Elvis is my daddy, Marilyn's my mother

so i was listening again the interview with annie mac the other day, and i noticed that while being interviewed, a male voice said something about fixing the chimney. by that time lana was with clay, so i guess blue banisters was about him? since she said that he would fix her weathervane. maybe it’s been already discussed, excuse me if i’m bringing this up twice 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

buzzed on some wine and listening to lana so here's thots on her discography and how it works in trilogies:

LANA IN HER QUEST FOR IDENTITY THROUGH ARCHETYPES/STORIES

BTD/PARADISE - intro to lana del rey as an archetype, persona, etc. pop culture imagery, drugs, toxic love, grandiose aesthetics + hip hop influence.

ULTRAVIOLENCE - same themes but make it dark, dramatic, and add some rock. an absolute fave to many fans, the beloved icon. it's her image + taste incapsulated and refined to the extreme.

HONEYMOON - expand on the grandiose imagery of BTD/PARADISE, more orchestra, dreamy + haunting. less rock or hip hop inspired. very sad but not as hot as UV. terribly underrated and misunderstood. 

LANA QUESTIONS HER IDENTITY/PURPOSE

LUST FOR LIFE - transitional album / mixed bag bc of that fact. lana explores her persona and in fact begins to break away from her previous image created in the BTD/UV/HONEYMOON eras. trap inspired but also influenced by her typical aesthetics. she starts to deconstruct the men she has sung about; they are no longer James Dean, nor cult leaders, nor gangsters. lana herself is also no longer content with the image she has projected and wishes to shift in a happier direction.

LANA IN HER QUEST FOR PERSONAL FULFILLMENT AND HAPPINESS

NFR! - the opening lines are literally: "goddamn man child"; her lover is no longer a mythological figure or the center of her religion. the album is stripped down, beach inspired and contains more vulnerable lyricism than previous eras (HIADT...). its a new era for Lana and yet she still mourns openly, albeit now under sunny, California skies. instant classic but many fans suffer whiplash from the change in her content/delivery. 

COTCC - much like UV condensed BTD/PARADISE, COTCC condenses the feeling and sound of NFR! as its even more stripped down and goes a bit country/folk at the times. lana no longer cares about being the voice of the culture, she wants to disappear into the wild and find her own love; whether its family or friends or actual lovers. ironically bc its the happiest of her albums, its also the one the often feels underwhelming to fans. 

BB - lana returns to the stories of the BTD/UV/HONEYMOON era albeit now with maturity and a more holistic understanding of life. her lyricism is more complex and personal than ever. the sound carries on the piano and slow ballad that have defined the NFR/COTCC era but now with more experimentation and a new batch of collaborators. she is mixing the old with the new and trying to find a happy medium. more thots on this once it comes out.

I think BB is the end of the "Lana looking for happiness era", or her finding her medium. I feel her next batch of work will have an entirely different flavor. 

(also i see violet as part of the NFR/COTCC/BB era)

13 minutes ago, wildheart said:

buzzed on some wine and listening to lana so here's thots on her discography and how it works in trilogies:

LANA IN HER QUEST FOR IDENTITY THROUGH ARCHETYPES/STORIES

BTD/PARADISE - intro to lana del rey as an archetype, persona, etc. pop culture imagery, drugs, toxic love, grandiose aesthetics + hip hop influence.

ULTRAVIOLENCE - same themes but make it dark, dramatic, and add some rock. an absolute fave to many fans, the beloved icon. it's her image + taste incapsulated and refined to the extreme.

HONEYMOON - expand on the grandiose imagery of BTD/PARADISE, more orchestra, dreamy + haunting. less rock or hip hop inspired. very sad but not as hot as UV. terribly underrated and misunderstood. 

LANA QUESTIONS HER IDENTITY/PURPOSE

LUST FOR LIFE - transitional album / mixed bag bc of that fact. lana explores her persona and in fact begins to break away from her previous image created in the BTD/UV/HONEYMOON eras. trap inspired but also influenced by her typical aesthetics. she starts to deconstruct the men she has sung about; they are no longer James Dean, nor cult leaders, nor gangsters. lana herself is also no longer content with the image she has projected and wishes to shift in a happier direction.

LANA IN HER QUEST FOR PERSONAL FULFILLMENT AND HAPPINESS

NFR! - the opening lines are literally: "goddamn man child"; her lover is no longer a mythological figure or the center of her religion. the album is stripped down, beach inspired and contains more vulnerable lyricism than previous eras (HIADT...). its a new era for Lana and yet she still mourns openly, albeit now under sunny, California skies. instant classic but many fans suffer whiplash from the change in her content/delivery. 

COTCC - much like UV condensed BTD/PARADISE, COTCC condenses the feeling and sound of NFR! as its even more stripped down and goes a bit country/folk at the times. lana no longer cares about being the voice of the culture, she wants to disappear into the wild and find her own love; whether its family or friends or actual lovers. ironically bc its the happiest of her albums, its also the one the often feels underwhelming to fans. 

BB - lana returns to the stories of the BTD/UV/HONEYMOON era albeit now with maturity and a more holistic understanding of life. her lyricism is more complex and personal than ever. the sound carries on the piano and slow ballad that have defined the NFR/COTCC era but now with more experimentation and a new batch of collaborators. she is mixing the old with the new and trying to find a happy medium. more thots on this once it comes out.

I think BB is the end of the "Lana looking for happiness era", or her finding her medium. I feel her next batch of work will have an entirely different flavor. 

(also i see violet as part of the NFR/COTCC/BB era)

I really like that concept.

I think HM perfectly closes this "first chapter" because it has this thematic of observation  - the cover with her on a bus that tours the houses of the rich, songs like MTWBT about voyeurism, other tracks like GKIT, HBTB, Swan Song and Freak reflecting on her own fame  - and all of this while having such an "old hollywood" sound opposed to BtDs "newcomer starlet"-vibe but still retaining the lyricism of Btd/UV.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 hours ago, honey dew said:

Ok which insider and what else did they say and what else do they know I mean gerl if you're gonna go there just go there

y’all really fall for everything on here it’s so… :eartha:

20 hours ago, venicebitx said:

What it’s the bbs ya’ll are talking about?

The K Pop group :tommy:

Jk it's Black Bathing Suit a.k.a  a new  song from Blue Banisters

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

22 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

The K Pop group :tommy:

Jk it's Black Bathing Suit a.k.a  a new  song from Blue Banisters

Thanks hunny:hoe:

ngl, i forgot about that one because i can't believe living legend it's on this album:trisha:

original.gif