Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

25 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

The way nobody is talking about Violets for Roses made me kinda anxious that will be the most underrated song of the album :biblio:

I'm very intrigued by this one

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Ben and Ed just moved to LA. Hope they are supporting  lana :party:

Support us by saying what kind of song Sweet Carolina is. Are we looking at a piano ballad, an acoustic ballad…? Is it country, is it rock, is it similar to Hope? :blush3:

IMG-7960.jpg

10 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Its a powerful lullaby :typewriter:

Greenwhich Acid rework???? WE WOOOONNN WE FUCKING WOOOOONNNN :giggle: now that GA is confirmed on BB, leak GA aka demo just like you leaked Dealer when you discovered it was going to be on the album

when i saw the tracklist, i was struck by how she put all the unreleased songs at the end of the album. i would've bet that they would be at the beginning because this album is about her telling her story, and it seems to me that it makes more sense to tell it chronologically. but maybe she feels that there's not much to be added after nectar of the gods, living legend and cherry blossom. after all, those songs, despite being written in 2013, have hopeful lyrics which display carefulness to the world and to her surroundings, interest in the simple things of life. it would have been weird to put pretty when you cry or your girl at the end of blue banisters, but as it turns out, i think it makes great sense that she put living legend and cherry blossom there.

I can't help but wonder why she put Dealer on this album. Did she feel like she had to, because she had told us it might be on Chemtrails? I think one of the reasons why she added Yosemite to Chemtrails and not one of the 129 other Lust for Life outtakes was because she knew the fans were eager to hear it. Or did she really feel like Dealer was part of the story she wanted to tell us?

Spoiler

I really like Dealer, and can't wait to hear it in higher quality, but I can't help thinking that on several levels, it is weaker than the 4 singles we got so far, but also weaker than Nectar Of The Gods, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom. The lyrics are not as good or elaborate as those on the rest of the album, most of the song isn't even sung by her (although I'm still hoping we're having a solo version). It's a song that's good and refreshing, but I'm not sure it has the introspective depth of the other songs through which she's aiming to tell her story. I can't really see how a song about a drug dealer and not wanting to live anymore fits in with what we've heard so far. All the more so because Dealer was made in 2017, the year where she refused to answer a question about using drugs in the past in an interview, and also the year where she was looking really positive, smiling on her album cover, wishing for world peace etc, therefore the dark tone of the song doesn't seem to correspond well to Lana's life at the time (it seems to correspond more to her Lizzy years). Maybe she was actually telling her persona's story - but so far, this is not what the other songs on this album seem to do, as they are about Lana herself, not the persona.

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I can't help but wonder why she put Dealer on this album. Did she feel like she had to, because she had told us it might be on Chemtrails? I think one of the reasons why she added Yosemite to Chemtrails and not one of the 129 other Lust for Life outtakes was because she knew the fans were eager to hear it. Or did she really feel like Dealer was part of the story she wanted to tell us?

Hide contents

I really like Dealer, and can't wait to hear it in higher quality, but I can't help thinking that on several levels, it is weaker than the 4 singles we got so far, but also weaker than Nectar Of The Gods, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom. The lyrics are not as good or elaborate as those on the rest of the album, most of the song isn't even sung by her (although I'm still hoping we're having a solo version). It's a song that's good and refreshing, but I'm not sure it has the introspective depth of the other songs through which she's aiming to tell her story. I can't really see how a song about a drug dealer and not wanting to live anymore fits in with what we've heard so far. All the more so because Dealer was made in 2017, the year where she refused to answer a question about using drugs in the past in an interview, and also the year where she was looking really positive, smiling on her album cover, wishing for world peace etc, therefore the dark tone of the song doesn't seem to correspond well to Lana's life at the time (it seems to correspond more to her Lizzy years). Maybe she was actually telling her persona's story - but so far, this is not what the other songs on this album seem to do, as they are about Lana herself, not the persona.

You put into words exactly how I feel about this song's placement on BB! I actually love the song, but I'm curious to see if it will make more sense within the context of the album

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

30 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Genius had pages for Violets for Roses and Beautiful... I know Genius can be edited by anyone, but :dua: 

Those Violets for Roses lyrics were included on official merch I think, which is where they came from.

As for Beautiful, I think those lyrics on the page were originally shared on here by lustforlife?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

23 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Those Violets for Roses lyrics were included on official merch I think, which is where they came from.

As for Beautiful, I think those lyrics on the page were originally shared on here by lustforlife?

Maam....https://genius.com/Lana-del-rey-beautiful-lyrics

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: