Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

20 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Omgย :toofunny:ย that's embarrassing

ย 

This is the post I was talking about, a lot of people (including me, I guess) didn't recognise the lyrics.ย :deadbanana:

ย 

unknown.png

ย 

๐•€ ๐•”๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•– ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•–๐•ช๐•–๐•ค, ๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ ๐•€ ๐•จ๐•š๐•ค๐•™ ๐•ฅ๐•  ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ค๐•– ๐•—๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ž ๐•’๐•๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•ฅ

I've said this before, but Genius is a super unreliable source. Anyone can edit it (and they do), so unless the song is already out, the lyrics shouldn't be trusted. It's like the Wikipedia of a pre-releaseย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

Genius is not always a reliable source, and yeah anyone could have edited the lyrics, but having Lana recite some Sylvia Plath as an album interlude feels entirely plausible. The word "beautiful" is in the first sentence of the lyrics, Lana has already recited T.S. Elliot for the Burnt Norton Interlude, and we know Lana idolizes Plath and has already referenced her in Hope and in her poetry, andย Lana likes to repeat the same themes and motifs in her music so this just seems like something she would do. I am really hoping Beautiful is not a poetry interlude, because the album already has the Trio Interlude and there are so few songs on the album that I haven't already heard.

But also, the Blue Bannisters Wikipedia page lists the writing credits for each of the songs, and Sylvia Plath is not listed as a writer for Beautiful, so that would suggest that the Sylvia Plath lyrics are fake. Does anyone know where those writing credits came from, and if we can trust them? I was also wondering if there is going to be a cover song on the album, or if Sweet Carolina is possibly a cover of Sweet Caroline (please no). But if those writing credits are true, it seems like Sweet Carolina is an original song and there are no cover songs on the album.

Nerd alert! Why do I prefer to listenย to Arcadia on Spotify even if Apple Music has ย looseness quality which is way better thanย Spotifyโ€™s? WHERE will you listen to Blue Banisters? Spotify or Apple Music and why?

ย 

ALSO, Rob is so cute to hype us up while Lana is goneย :deadbanana:

Who wouldโ€™ve thought that UV outtakes would be officially released after all these yearsย ย :trisha:

ย 

ย 

๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’‚๐’–๐’•๐’Š๐’‡๐’–๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’„๐’๐’–๐’†

I have to say it's really exciting not knowing what any of the remaining 5ย tracks soundsย like. We have no production credits, we have no insider information, we have none of theย information Lana herself usually gives in interviews, we have no snippets from her Instagram account. We don't even have lengths. And I don't think statements like "aย collection of beautiful ballads" or "probably mostly piano" are good indicators, because the direction of the album was changed since they were made and they were really vague to begin with.

ย 

Several elements make meย think that quite anything is possible. Text Book had a Honeymoon-like production, in the sense that it was meticulously crafted, slightly mysterious, it actually had density. It also had a somewhat catchy beat. I was surprised when I heard it, because it was nothing like a piano ballad, and nothing like Chemtrails either. But the interlude is what really makes me think that something upbeat might beย coming afterwards, which is reinforced by Black Bathing Suits being explicit. The following titles give no indication as to the sound of the songs they correspond to, in my opinion,ย but I thinkย there might beย a pattern of slow songs then upbeat songs from track 5 to trackย 7-8ย like on Lust For Life or Honeymoon, so they could be that, building up some energy andย transitioning into the rockier part of the record (Dealer/Thunder), ending with acoustic songs which might have been reworked, and mysterious Sweet Carolina.

ย 

All those songs could also be country as far as we know. They could be upbeat songs, orย jazzyย songs. Maybe even rock songs, as some of them were done with Dawes. There's literally no telling, because any of those genres could work with her telling her own story. I think that's the first time we have soย much mystery surroundingย the unknown songsย :really:

ย 

Despite all the songs we know about, there areย also moreย songs whose existence got revealed by the tracklist than usually (5 on Chemtrails including For Free, 2 on NFR, 4 on LFL). Actually Honeymoon had 9-10 songs we didn't knowย about, and Ultraviolence a lot too, but that was long ago.

9 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

All those songs could also be country as far as we know. They could be upbeat songs, orย jazzyย songs. Maybe even rock songs, as some of them were done with Dawes.

All weโ€˜re asking for are electric guitarsย :agree:

ever since we got the tracklist and I've seen Sweet Carolina mentionedย my mind instantly starts to play Sweet Caroline. at first it was annoyingย butย I've blasted the song for some daysย and now I actually want Lana toย cover itย :toofunny:

strong like a tree but the unlucky oneย 

Another element that makes me think that tracks 5 to 8, or at least some of them, are upbeat, is the diversity that there usually isย in her long records.

ย 

Ultraviolence (standard version)ย and Chemtrails are, in my opinion,ย her most homogenous albums (the first one has dominant electric guitars and slow drums, the second one has dominant piano and country twangs). They're also her shortest. On the contrary, Lust For Life, Norman Fucking Rockwellย and Honeymoon, which are considerably longer, eachย encompass a wider range of genres.

ย 

That's why I think Lana is going for an album with diversity this time as well. I can't see the 15 songs being ballads, especially if she wants to explore the depths and the complexities ofย whatย her own story is made of. And given howย the unreleased songs she picked are either acoustic orย rock-sounding - she didn't pick any of her hundreds of unreleased bops, although she could have, even though they're not deemed as legitimate as most of her work - I'm thinking they might also be there to balance the upbeat songs that might be there between Arcadia and Dealer.