Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

i can't believe we're getting LIVING LEGEND THUNDER CHERRY BLOSSOM AND NECTAR OF THE GODS (COLOR BLUE)  

Itd be nice if Fine China and Say Yes to Heaven were there too but beggars can't be choosers. Especially with Lana. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Itd be nice if Fine China and Say Yes to Heaven were there too but beggars can't be choosers. Especially with Lana. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m still praying for Fine China at some point, and I’d never thought I’d say this, but I’m kinda «  over » Yes to Heaven. We already have so many versions of it and I get it’s a « mood song », but the lyrics are a bit tired IMO. And it almost made the cut of what? Four albums? She should release both tracks as a double single and call it a day. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m still praying for Fine China at some point, and I’d never thought I’d say this, but I’m kinda «  over » Yes to Heaven. We already have so many versions of it and I get it’s a « mood song », but the lyrics are a bit tired IMO. And it almost made the cut of what? Four albums? She should release both tracks as a double single and call it a day. 

Or on the unreleased album ლ,ᔑ•ﺪ͟͠•ᔐ.ლ

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

That's cos the lyrics to the demo didn't fit the album. With BB, it's a retelling of her life basically (as far as I've learned) so these unreleased songs fit in that sense. 

I know it's an old discussion, but I think the demo lyrics would have fit perfectly though. It would have been a "full-circle" with the opening track and HIAB. But it was one of the situations were she overthought stuff and ended up downgrading her work (like with a lot of things on LFL and seemingly CoCC)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I know it's an old discussion, but I think the demo lyrics would have fit perfectly though. It would have been a "full-circle" with the opening track and HIAB. But it was one of the situations were she overthought stuff and ended up downgrading her work (like with a lot of things on LFL and seemingly CoCC)

Really?

I’m not really feeling the demos/leaked songs being on the album yet. The songs feel thrown on, the songs have been homeless for years and it feels weird they will have a home.  These demo songs ‘tell her story’ ? I’m not really buying that, I think she just needed songs to fill up the album so just pulled them out the draw. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

45 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

The songs feel thrown on, the songs have been homeless for years and it feels weird they will have a home. 

so you’d prefer the homeless to stay homeless? not very kindness punk of you :courtney:

We're officially only one month away....it's been a long, hard road, but we're almost there :hottie::hype::omg:

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m not really feeling the demos/leaked songs being on the album yet. The songs feel thrown on, the songs have been homeless for years and it feels weird they will have a home.  These demo songs ‘tell her story’ ? I’m not really buying that, I think she just needed songs to fill up the album so just pulled them out the draw. 

Yeah a part of me didn't buy this either for some reason. If her leaving her label is true, then I can see how she would fill in the album with songs that have already been written and produced (which will speed up the process)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Same, I'll probably skip them. I wish we'd get Loved You Then And Now instead of NOTG or Living Legend. It's not like I don't care for them, it's just that they're untouched and we could listen to them on YT, I don't get the hype over filling up a new album with old songs anyway. The only leaked song that really deserved to make the final cut was Thinder, period.

Just now, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

Same, I'll probably skip them. I wish we'd get Loved You Then And Now instead of NOTG or Living Legend. It's not like I don't care for them, it's just that they're untouched and we could listen to them on YT, I don't get the hype over filling up a new album with old songs anyway. The only leaked song that really deserved to make the final cut was Thinder, period.

So do y'all prefer Lana never gets paid for songs all over the internet?

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

So do y'all prefer Lana never gets paid for songs all over the internet?

Why should I care? I only buy the songs, and buying old songs I've already heard is terrible, I'd rather download it illegally. BTW she's richer than any of us:lanasrs2:

Lana could have released an 11-track album if she had wanted to. Living Legend was written for a motherly figure; Cherry Blossom is a lullaby to an unborn child. Thematically both songs are connected to the darkness of Wildflower Wildfire and could also be connected to the potential sweetness (sisterly/familial love?) of Sweet Carolina. I don't see how they're out of place. And I certainly wouldn't jump into conclusions about the "cohesiveness" of the album until I get the chance to listen to the entire album in sequence and fill in the gaps.