Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

15 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

it's just that they're untouched and we could listen to them on YT

We truly don’t even know this. She secretly remastered the buzz singles when Arcadia dropped , and I doubt anyone ever leaked those demos you named in their highest qualities. So if anything they’ll be properly mastered on the album and sound fresh. :true:

8 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Lana could have released an 11-track album if she had wanted to. Living Legend was written for a motherly figure; Cherry Blossom is a lullaby to an unborn child. Thematically both songs are connected to the darkness of Wildflower Wildfire and could also be connected to the potential sweetness (sisterly/familial love?) of Sweet Carolina. I don't see how they're out of place. And I certainly wouldn't jump into conclusions about the "cohesiveness" of the album until I get the chance to listen to the entire album in sequence and fill in the gaps. 

EXACTLY !!! YOU SPILLED !!!:gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m not really feeling the demos/leaked songs being on the album yet. The songs feel thrown on, the songs have been homeless for years and it feels weird they will have a home.  These demo songs ‘tell her story’ ? I’m not really buying that, I think she just needed songs to fill up the album so just pulled them out the draw. 

She scrapped a lot of newly written songs for this album, I don’t think she chose to include these unreleased to fill the gaps. If she really wanted to, she could’ve chosen some of the new songs she had written, or she could’ve just released a shorter album like Chemtrails

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m not really feeling the demos/leaked songs being on the album yet. The songs feel thrown on, the songs have been homeless for years and it feels weird they will have a home.  These demo songs ‘tell her story’ ? I’m not really buying that, I think she just needed songs to fill up the album so just pulled them out the draw. 

There’s no way she doesn’t put heart and soul into everything she does. I think every song she writes, records, wether it’s produced now or later, is meaningful to her. We just get it at different times in life. 
Also, Interscope may have had a lot to do with the songs they want on the album. Either way - I’m excited. Just in time for my birthday. Oct 17 ?

met my boyfriend down at the taco truck

Why are we acting like we know Lana and her life/story on a deeply personal level? I don't think any of us really have a right to say that the demo songs aren't part of that, especially since a lot of them do revolve around similar themes to what she has shared with us over the past year or so. I understand that it's a bit frustrating since it's 4 songs we've already heard + 4 singles, meaning we only have 5 new songs (6 if you include Dealer), but I don't know. For me, I just don't feel like it's right to decide whether or not the decision to put the unreleased songs on the album was a good one or not until I hear the album in full. 

imageproxy.jpg

The way y'all act like this album is not gonna be a serve is sending me :what: it's Lana, she delivers quality after all. Now stream Arcadia + the singles and be happy :flutter: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I just wanted to say that ‘Blue Banisters’ title track is one of her top three... although I hate the name (the ‘blue’ is overused)... the song itself is amazing, it is the absolute epitome of trying your best to remain strong but somewhat failing no matter what needing the help from close ones... it’s something no artist talks about in this damned industry.. it’s okay to get help from others.. sometimes are burdens are too heavy to carry and we can’t help but depend... idk it’s just so.. magic. Touches right to the heart and soul.... false hope is a dangerous thing to have.. we all have it at some point. :sadcore2:

also the imagery in the changing of seasons.. beautiful

Arcadia really grew on me.

While it started out as "a nice ballad", I think that within the context of the album its (sonical) softness will kinda be like a juxtaposition of the darker and harsher undertones of the other songs. Kinda like David Lynch put puffy Julee Cruise  ballads in between raw and violent moments of Twin Peaks.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It may be true, or not. But we do know that she scrapped an earlier version of the album which presumably contained a lot of new material, which we may see later on another project. 

To me, BB the album still seems like a compromise, something lukewarm, neither hot nor cold.

But we'll have to wait and see. 

I personally wish BB, TB and WFWF were also not on the album. When it is released, like NFR!, we'll have heard at least half of it. 

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think she always wanted to release these songs but never had the chance, because they were out of concept with COCC, NFR and so on. Now she has an album for ballads and slower songs, where they finally fit. It must be hard for an artist to produce very good stuff which never sees the daylight.

I would rather have more new song too but honestly those songs are truly beautiful and it's her work so she can do whatever she wants with it, we were never meant to listen to these songs so ? if we already heard half of the album that's on us :eek3:

And most of all I'm glad that we are getting Thunder in hq because the quality we have is awful! 

Just now, uvbabe said:

I would rather have more new song too but honestly those songs are truly beautiful and it's her work so she can do whatever she wants with it, we were never meant to listen to these songs so ? if we already heard half of the album that's on us :eek3:

And most of all I'm glad that we are getting Thunder in hq because the quality we have is awful! 

I agree with you, it is on us. But somehow I feel LDR's major creative/commercial era is over (and of course I may be wrong).

The lazy COCC cover, the lack of promotion she did for that album, the horrendous NFR! release, the 'American Classics' album that wasn't released last Christmas Day, that last rambling telephone interview she did with Annie Mac, the 'question to the community'...it all seems kind of sad to me. 

What happened to the dynamic quality she used to embody, the verve, the sense that she was above the fray, at least to all appearances? 

Now listen to me... she is not lazy... every song that she chose to put on this album its somehow a important part of her life. Living Legend is the song she wrote for a friend. Color Blue is one of the last songs she wrote to Barrie (her biggest relationship so far) cherry blossom is one of the very first songs she ever wrote. Thunder is a fan favorite since the day it leaked. And dealer fits well with her past of drugs. She is smart.

Lust For Dead   large.gif

4 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Now listen to me... she is not lazy... every song that she chose to put on this album its somehow a important part of her life. Living Legend is the song she wrote for a friend. Color Blue is one of the last songs she wrote to Barrie (her biggest relationship so far) cherry blossom is one of the very first songs she ever wrote. Thunder is a fan favorite since the day it leaked. And dealer fits well with her past of drugs. She is smart.

When was thunder a fan fav?

I’m just happy that Nectar of the Gods/Color Blue is being released, it is one of my all time favorite songs by her and sometimes it is my favorite by her. I kinda wanted to gatekeep the song, but at least more people can appreciate the beauty that that song contains. I’m just praying that I wont see twitter gheys dragging it, because those stans honestly dont deserve to hear it if they’re gonna drag.. and i WILL be throwing hands!