Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 hour ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

people still complaining about leaked songs that were never meant to be heard are now on an official album PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :omfg2:

Well they were and have been heard soo… ?‍♂️

she pasted them on to the album to fill it up simple as that.  Everyone can make up and fantasise reasons why they all have some amazing  connection but ultimately Lana just thought the songs would  fit on the album so she added them as bulk.

Im known for my unpopular opinions on here so I’m used to the backlash lol 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

she pasted them on to the album to fill it up simple as that.  Everyone can make up and fantasise reasons why they all have some amazing  connection but ultimately Lana just thought the songs would  fit on the album so she added them as bulk.

Two things can be true at once! She can include songs she’s already made in this album as “filler”, but there’s reasons as to why she selected these songs and not others.

44 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It may be true, or not. But we do know that she scrapped an earlier version of the album which presumably contained a lot of new material, which we may see later on another project. 

To me, BB the album still seems like a compromise, something lukewarm, neither hot nor cold.

But we'll have to wait and see. 

I personally wish BB, TB and WFWF were also not on the album. When it is released, like NFR!, we'll have heard at least half of it. 

It feels like a bonus spare of the moment album. Left overs from cocc so she split them into two records. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I feel like so many people on LB love Thunder! (Not just me, ignore my username, it weakens my argument)

I have the exact same feeling and I thought it was a common fact :dafuq:

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

But it truly isn't simple as that. There's no reason to assume she used the old songs to fill up the album with bulk. We know that she scrapped several other songs at the last minute, including newer songs, and chose to replace them with these songs, so it's obviously for a reason that makes sense to her. And given everything that we do about the album, the use of these older songs makes a lot of sense so far. Obviously once we hear the full album we'll be able to see the full picture, but for now I don't think there's any reason to assume these songs were just thrown on as filler.

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Hilarious. 

Yes, Stans wanted an 'unreleased' album, but I think most wanted the unreleased but leaked material on a separate, stand-alone album, not mixed in with new material.

Now that she's doing this, she may continue this practice going forward, with 'Serene Queen,' 'JFK,' 'Hollywood,' 'Valley of the Dolls,' 'Angels Forever,' etc. 

Personally, I would expect critics to take notice and at least mention this, if not drag her for it. 

I may not like her choices on occasion, but I stand by her total right to make whatever artistic choices she sees fit. 

5 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

Ok total random thought but I just listened to Hollywood's Dead for the first time even though I'm fan since 2014, and WOW it's one of her best unreleased songs ever, I wish for a jazzy record like this track now:crai:

It's lyrically very clever too. I miss the sometimes-humorous LDR of that era.  

And that post with PAAK tatoo on her Instagram is about those complains. The songs that leaked are never meant to be HEARD. Those are unfinished demos and its sad how people leak it and now that she wants to fit those songs on a album alot of you are complaining. :toofloppy:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

28 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It feels like a bonus spare of the moment album. Left overs from cocc so she split them into two records. 

I mean, the four singles we got sound different from the Chemtrails sound + style, so I don't think they are leftovers. Regarding the unreleased songs, they are most likely going to make sense along the rest of the songs. I really don't think it's going to be just a giveaway of unreleased songs between scrapped Chemtrails tracks. 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: