Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i can understand why chemtrails & perhaps nfr may be underwhelming, however, even those albums which are divisive have stand-out tracks! venice bitch, california, white dress, dark but just a game... she really never misses :true: 

indeed :smile4:

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i can understand why chemtrails & perhaps nfr may be underwhelming, however, even those albums which are divisive have stand-out tracks! venice bitch, california, the greatest, bartender, white dress, tulsa jesus freak, dark but just a game, & yosemite... she really never misses :true: 

Chemtrails was a little underwhelming but she always has stand out songs on each album even if some of the other songs are weaker. I think so many who listen to music, maybe most are casual listeners and with Lana it helps to really listen and take your time.  Not every Lana songs I fall in love with straight away.  My friend just basically said the songs from blue banisters sound a bit uninspired and like she’s just running through the paces…If that makes sense?…I’m a little bored of ballads but I’d not call the songs uninspired. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I think the Blue Banisters tracks are some of her most creative and autobiographical tracks to date. Goes to show you how great of an artist she is with the variety of opinions on her music

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

im kinda worried about beautiful tbh. but then again. love song and change are nice tracks so she'll probably do it justice. it just gives off a meta kind of feel like im hoping it's not too literal and more encompassing  than just physical beauty or maybe delves into something else idk 

same! i hope she surprises us w what the song is about. i dont want the physical form acknowledged at all :true: 

mUENGN9.png

2 hours ago, Super Movie said:

Since the album is officially only a month away, I'm gonna do a prediction on what my track ranking will be and come back to it 30 days from now: 

1. Black Bathing Suit

2. Wildflower Wildfire

3. Thunder

4. If You Lie Down With Me

5. Sweet Carolina

6. Dealer 

7. Living Legend

8. Arcadia

9. Violets For Roses

10. Interlude - The Trio

12. Blue Banisters

13. Beautiful

14. Cherry Blossom

15. Text Book

My ranking prediction:

1. Nectar of the Gods

2. Violets For Roses

3. If You Lie Down With Me

4. Black Bathing Suit

5. Dealer

6. Thunder

7. Sweet Carolina

8. Wildflower Wildfire

9. Cherry Blossom

10. Beautiful

11. Text Book

12. Blue Banisters

13. Living Legend

14. Arcadia

15. Interlude - The Trio (love Morricone but i want vocals)

mUENGN9.png

Prediction

1. Thunder

2. Blue Banisters

3. Violets for Roses

4. Sweet Carolina

5. Dealer

6. Text Book

7. Living Legend

8. Arcadia

9. Black Bathing Suit

10. Wildflower Wildfire

11. Nectar of the Gods

12. Cherry Blossom

13. Beautiful

14. If You Lie Down With Me

14. Interlude

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

My prediction:

1. Thunder

2. If You Lie Down with Me

3. Sweet Carolina

4. Beautiful

5. Nectar of the Gods

6. Violets for Roses

7. Black Bathing Suit

8. Living Legend

9. Wildflower Wildfire

10. Dealer

11. Blue Banisters

12. Arcadia

13. Cherry Blossom

14. Text Book

15. Interlude – The Trio

I genuinely love all of the tracks we have so far, so I think I'm going to adore every song on this album. Like, even Text Book ranked at #14 is still at least an 8/10 to me. Her magnum opus is truly coming. :crying4:

My prediction of my top tracks from BB (One month away from the album release):

1. Beautiful

2. Violets for Roses

3. Sweet Carolina

4. Nectar of the Gods

5. Living Legend

6. Dealer

7. Cherry Blossom

8. Black Bathing Suit

9. If You Lie Down With Me

10. Thunder

11. Wildflower Wildfire

12. Arcadia

13. Interlude - The Trio

14. Text Book

15. Blue Banisters

Me putting 5 tracks that we've known so far down the bottom does not mean i hate them. It's just me setting my hopes high for the rest of the album. I really do hope the rest will blow my mind away even harder than what we already have so far.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

While the phrase “blue banisters” is significant within the context of the song, the word “banisters” lends itself to the image of stairs in someone’s home, with the operative word being “blue” — used in the emotional sense (perhaps meaning a sad home life). And that’s the album title, paired with songs like Text Book and Wildflower Wildfire. The layers continue to unravel…can’t wait to hear the entire album!

24 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

While the phrase “blue banisters” is significant within the context of the song, the word “banisters” lends itself to the image of stairs in someone’s home, with the operative word being “blue” — used in the emotional sense (perhaps meaning a sad home life). And that’s the album title, paired with songs like Text Book and Wildflower Wildfire. The layers continue to unravel…can’t wait to hear the entire album!

:deadbanana: exactly! it does mean so much more! and i really can't imagine a more apt title for this album. a blue home life... i really wonder what blue means to lana. in nectar of the gods, blue seems to capture a more violent, manic, void-like emotion (...to me anyway)

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png

Maybe it's because english is not my first language, but I think that the word "banisters" sounds really nice. It just flows in such a poetic way, even though it refers to a pretty regular object. So on a sonical level I think "Blue Banisters" completely fits a Lana album (much better than Arcadia would have), but I guess that's a perspective you may only have as a non-native speaker for whom the words sound still holds a bit more distance to its banal meaning (I'm sure I would not be as open to things like that in my own mother tongue)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

My ranking prediction (nobody asked me but i want in on this):oop:

1. Thunder 

2. Dealer

3. Black Bathing suit 

4. Text Book 

5. The Interlude 

6. Violets For Roses 

7. Living Legend 

8. Beautiful 

9. If you Lie Down With Me 

10. Arcadia