Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

omg imagine the meltdowns if she did a live performance of Dealer with Miles Kane on Live Lounge or something. I would honestly be really interested to see how it would turn out lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

21 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

omg imagine the meltdowns if she did a live performance of Dealer with Miles Kane on Live Lounge or something. I would honestly be really interested to see how it would turn out lol

it's one of her coolest songs to date, I wouldn't be mad!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

HALO ALL I AM BACK FROM MY HIBERNATION!!!!!

soooooooo what performance is this !!!!?!?!?!??????

Pls be Arcadia or title track or....THUNDER

none it’s this thread being given an inch and running a mile …..again :awkney:

RVhKIwP.gif

4 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

ngl, i low-key want a moss green LDR translucent vinyl :grinds: I really hope Lana goes more experimental with Vinyl variants, plain red/blue/yellow is boring sometimes.

e2Fbc1p.jpg

That vinyl color goes PERFECTLY with everything about the album. I have no idea why is she obsessed with red vinyl and neon colors. She usually makes the worst choices in colors when she's ironically the queen of aesthetic. The only time she chose a good color is the red BTD and translucent red for HM, maybe UV if the colors were darker and velvet, because they match the tone of the album and the aesthetic. Idk about you but if I were to design a record I would choose a more neutral tone that matches the cover for a more chill album and a more neon color for an upbeat album. Doja Cat is more suitable for the vinyl colors Lana chooses. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m kinda sad Disco isn’t in this album. Can you imagine a rework of that song with richer production and deeper/post-LFL Lana lyricism? The end of the alt pop girlies as we know them :oprah:

i knooooowwww, theorising abt the connections between disco and white dress was so fun :trisha: 

mUENGN9.png

14 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i knooooowwww, theorising abt the connections between disco and white dress was so fun :trisha: 

Absolutely!

And it would make so much sense if it was placed in the middle of the album, right after the whole Text Book - Arcadia sequence because thematically it encapsulates the desire to just let go of all the things she’s supposed to say, do or feel as determined by others and just surrender to what she truly wants for her life, hence becoming her only god - which would have been a pretty powerful statement from her if you take in consideration the amount of times she idolized men, american icons/symbols, relationships, her past, etc (to the point of equaling them to god all mighty figures/religion) most times in detriment of her own sense of self.

Not saying BBS - Beautiful - IYLDWM - VFR won’t get the job done as they’re probably going to expand that notion further and further but given the overarching themes of the album we already have a grasp on, it’s easy to imagine that Disco could perfect fall into place in Blue Banisters. 

IMG-7960.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Absolutely!

And it would make so much sense if it was placed in the middle of the album, right after the whole Text Book - Arcadia sequence because thematically it encapsulates the desire to just let go of all the things she’s supposed to say, do or feel as determined by others and just surrender to what she truly wants for her life, hence becoming her only god - which would have been a pretty powerful statement from her if you take in consideration the amount of times she idolized men, american icons/symbols, relationships, her past, etc, most times in detriment of her own sense of self.

Not saying BBS - Beautiful - IYLDWM - VFR won’t get the job done as they’re probably going to expand that notion further and further but given the overarching themes of the album we already have a grasp on, it’s easy to imagine that Disco could perfect fall into place in Blue Banisters. 

placing it sometime after arcadia would have been so special! imagine following up "send me a [...] cross on a hill, i'm a lost little girl" with "i am my only god" :trisha: that said, i am still so excited to learn what lana has decided to do with the middle section of the album <3

mUENGN9.png

15 hours ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Ok here is my prediction for the album ranking:

1. Dealer
2. Thunder
3. Black Bathing Suit
4. Living Legend
5. Nectar Of The Gods
6. If You Lie Down With Me
7. Text Book
8. Beautiful
9.  Violets For Roses
10. Arcadia 
11. Wildflower Wildfire 
12 . Sweet Carolina
13. Interlude - The Trio
14. Cherry Blossom
15. Blue Banisters

I still really like BB &  CB. This album is going to be so good:trisha:The interlude is so fucking good but in the end it's "just"a  dope instrumental but still it is such a serve & sth really unexpected. WFWF & Arcadia are both such a serve & I  put them kinda low bc I think there are going to be even better songs or maybe some soft rock moments on the album. NOTG ,LL & Thunder are some of my fave unreleased songs & I really love NOTG :wub: and I haven't heard the singles for like 2 weeks now so maybe I did them dirty bc my brain is slowly forgetting:crai:

A no skip album is coming I fear:xcry:

BB last and Dealer #1... is it crack...

at least put if you lie down with me in top 5 where it belongs

1 minute ago, 111 said:

BB last and Dealer #1... is it crack...

at least put if you lie down with me in top 5 where it belongs

the UV outtake is top 5 huh? as expected, my manifestations worked

thank you for confirming :understand: