Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Wildflower Wildfire = Blue Banisters > Arcadia > Text Book

I like the production of Text Book, and I'd still give it an 8/10, but the BLM and 'I screamed for them' lines make me CRINGE like no other (except pretty much all of Coachella, ironically). It's hard to listen to the song sometimes because those lines take me out of the moment. Really wish someone would make an edit with them gone lmao.

At the moment my ranking is : TB=WFWF> Arcadia > BB 

I can't get over how detailed TB is and all the little sound effects it has . Also the part where she says: do you think if I go blonde we could get our old love back? is just iconic :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

OK. I was never the biggest fan of Wildflower Wildfire.

But it lowkey hits different when your mom actually rages at you for no reason. :toofunny: Now it's been on repeat for a couple days, and it's helping me through the situation. A couple nights ago, my mom actually screamed at me when I was trying to have a vulnerable moment with my parents and used an example of how I felt alone while growing up gay in the church (basically, I said I felt more safe/understood at a concert I attended than church, or college, or work, or even in some LGBTQ+ groups). She couldn't handle it, told me I was full of shit, my experiences were invalid, and said some seriously hurtful, ugly, homophobic things to me, and man... emotional abuse from your family cuts deep. I now feel like I understand this song on a new level, and it's made me appreciate it so much more. It's a shame what unchecked emotional baggage can cause you to say your own child. And I love how in the song you can tell Lana's deeply hurt, but is still determined to unlearn that toxic type of behavior when it comes to interacting with the people she loves.

Didn't mean to get so personal and overshare, but damn. I've been bummed out, and I needed this song right now.

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Didn't mean to get so personal and overshare, but damn. I've been bummed out, and I needed this song right now.

Bestie let it all out, you didn‘t do anything wrong. Hope you‘re not alone right now :oprah:

10 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

OK. I was never the biggest fan of Wildflower Wildfire.

But it lowkey hits different when your mom actually rages at you for no reason. :toofunny: Now it's been on repeat for a couple days, and it's helping me through the situation. A couple nights ago, my mom actually screamed at me when I was trying to have a vulnerable moment with my parents and used an example of how I felt alone while growing up gay in the church (basically, I said I felt more safe/understood at a concert I attended than church, or college, or work, or even in some LGBTQ+ groups). She couldn't handle it, told me I was full of shit, my experiences were invalid, and said some seriously hurtful, ugly, homophobic things to me, and man... emotional abuse from your family cuts deep. I now feel like I understand this song on a new level, and it's made me appreciate it so much more. It's a shame what unchecked emotional baggage can cause you to say your own child. And I love how in the song you can tell Lana's deeply hurt, but is still determined to unlearn that toxic type of behavior when it comes to interacting with the people she loves.

So sorry to hear your mom treated you that way :poordat: Homophobia is so unacceptable, I can't believe we still have to deal with that kind of mindset. This is a super safe space to share, and I am glad the song is giving you some support <3

I guess you can call it textbook….Lana revealing that she in fact had what we all knew which was okay daddy issues and her finally diving into it….

I wonder how the album will end with sweet Carolina when she sings with her father playing on the piano 

:trisha:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

40 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

hope to see u guys in the future... this is a goodbye for now... buy and stream Blue Banisters its a beautiful record ;)

Thanks for everything 

Blue Banisters is a bore, yet a beautiful track. I can't find anything interesting besides de lyrics.

Also I don't understand the hate over Text Book: it has interesting elements in its production, kind of a western movie soundtrack or whatever. The BLM line is, in fact, cringe, but I never find myself bothered over that because English isn't my first language so the cringe doesn't hit that hard. WW and Arcadia are masterpieces, period. :w8ing:

so many options for the worst taste award among you . cruel world = honeymoon= textbook = best openers 

i guess i could run for worst taste too cause i don’t find blue banisters as a strong track, but anyways i’m looking forward to see what other gems in this album could have been used as singles instead . #justiceforCinnamonGirlAndTJF

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]