Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, tulsa shanice freak said:

so many options for the worst taste award. cruel world = honeymoon= textbook = best openers 

i guess i could run for worst taste too cause i don’t find blue banisters as a strong track, but anyways i’m looking forward to see what other gems in this album could have been used as singles instead . #justiceforCinnamonGirlAndTJF

incorrect, anyone that thinks blue banisters is a strong track has bad taste:awk:

the off beat chorus, the anti climatic production….. don’t get me wrong its pretty but JUST pretty. 

giphy.gif

Text Book is a slow burner and it creeps up on you with further listens. At times I thought it was kind of terrifying even. There’s this menacing mystery to it that I can’t quite grasp yet.

The BLM line kind of prevents it from being a 5/5 song. There’s no excuse for the inclusion of that lyric and it’s also lyrically pointless? Sure it situates us in the place and event they met but did she really need to say “I screamed for them”? LOL. It’s too jarring of a line and it takes me out of the song for a few seconds… but then she pulls us back in just as easily. Still, it’s just kind of stupid to write something like that imo.

WW and BB are flawless. Arcadia is also amazing and so so so subversive but since one of my friends told me that the “roads that lead to you as integral to me as arteries (…)” part sounds like a Celine Dion song, I cant un-listen. That part of the melody is a bit strange as well and not my favorite arrangement of hers BUT everything else in the song is stellar, particularly the verses and the pre-choruses.

IMG-7960.jpg

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

If I hated evolution I would also hate Arcadia and BB… I just think WW is a mess from start to finish

arcadia is literally video games vibes revamped.

I forgot to add:

WW (Top 15 Lana best songs ever!) > BB = TB > Arcadia. :oopna2:

Just now, be sweet said:

y'all do know she's not referring to the BLM protests when she sings "i screamed for them" right?

Could you elaborate, please?

IMG-7960.jpg

2 minutes ago, be sweet said:

y'all do know she's not referring to the BLM protests when she sings "i screamed for them" right?

i'm pretty sure it is, the first line referencing blm was "there we were screaming black lives matter", so it would make sense that she's saying "i screamed for (black lives/black lives matter)" i think she was saying that despite what her partner at the time thought of her going to these protests, she's going to scream & protest anyways, and do what she thinks is right

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

seeing y’all share your very questionable opinions about BB reminds me of a reaction video of some old guy i saw and that old guy did have a point because he said it’s not a song to intellectually dissect it’s just about really feeling the song without thinking too much about it and honestly i like it a lot more through that perspective :true:

For me, it goes like this...

1. Blue Banisters.

Spoiler

The strongest out of the four singles we've got so far.

The production is simple, but it works perfectly fine. It's clean, beautiful and dark. The switch between verses-chorus in terms of melodies is flawless.

The lyrics aren't the best in some verses, but in the rest, they're touching and well-written. The melody is godly, and the vocals are beautiful.

2. Wildflower Wildfire.

Spoiler

A beautiful track, but it has its flaws...

Production-wise, is a mess. I'm glad they remastered it, because the first version we got was simply not it. I think the piano in the beginning is beautiful, but I'm a huge hater of the distorted drums.

The lyrics are one of her best, in terms of storytelling, but her vocals aren't the best. I understand she chose this on purpose; to make the song feel more vulnerable. But it could have been better...

3. Arcadia.

Spoiler

I do agree it had aged a little. 

The production is such a relief after getting so many piano tracks. The little details here and there are so good! I'm glad we got more instruments.

The vocals are a MESS, though! I'm confused as why they didn't try to polish them a little, it sounds unfinished. Again, I understand if she wants it to sound more raw and vulnerable, but you can only have that effect so many times... 

The melody of the chorus is probably my favorite ever. So good!

My only complain is, I wish we'd gotten the song sooner. Even if it was our decision listening to the snippet or not, it's just anticlimactic after almost two months. The same problem we had with Norman.

4. Text Book.

Spoiler

I DESPISE this track so much.

The production is so bland, it reminded me of Jack's. It could have been so much more powerful, but it feels watered down. The remaster makes it a little more enjoyable, but still. 

The lyrics, the BLM reference is just awful. It feels like performative activism after the whole drama from last year. 

I don't think she's actually racist, at all. But it just doesn't feel genuine... Without that one line, it could have been perhaps better.

:eartha2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

HOT FIRE, HOT WEATHER, HOT COFFEE, I'M BETTER

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cdeb0fd704b1c251f9

YOU'VE GOT A THUNDERBIRD, MY DADDY HAD ONE TOO, LET'S REWRITE HISTORY, I'LL DO THIS DANCE WITH YOU

JENNY JUMPED INTO THE POOL, SHE WAS SWIMMING WITH NIKKI LANE

MY CHEST, THE SIERRE MADRE

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Has it leaked yet ? I don’t want to wait 4 weeks. I’m sure Lana doesn’t care since she is doing nothing to promote this album 

This makes virtually no sense at all.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

seeing y’all share your very questionable opinions about BB reminds me of a reaction video of some old guy i saw and that old guy did have a point because he said it’s not a song to intellectually dissect it’s just about really feeling the song without thinking too much about it and honestly i like it a lot more through that perspective :true:

you're soooo right. I actually enjoy Blue Banisters much more when I don't think about production aspects of the song. It's a grower, just like my issue I had with Chemtrails title track and now it's one of my favorites. I still think the song is a bore but it may grow a lot after the album release, let's hope so.

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm pretty sure it is, the first line referencing blm was "there we were screaming black lives matter", so it would make sense that she's saying "i screamed for (black lives/black lives matter)" i think she was saying that despite what her partner at the time thought of her going to these protests, she's going to scream & protest anyways, and do what she thinks is right

I dunno, I assumed the “them” she screams for are “all the things [plural ]I couldn’t want for him”, as “I screamed for them” comes right after. The things she couldn’t want for him (her father) are the things she screams for.