Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

21 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

but how did we get the credits for cocc then ? can’t we just do it the same way (however that was) we did in january ? :bebe:

it was not in the source code I think... I think it was photo.. idk I don't remember it well

4 minutes ago, Unban Deluluking said:

it was not in the source code I think... I think it was photo.. idk I don't remember it well

same i don’t remember either….:crying2:

WHO HERE GOT US THE COCC CREDITS IN THE FIRST PLACE ? it’s a life or death question :crying:

40 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

can’t someone here hack into the itunes source code and find the credits ? :crying2:

They were referring to the writing credits which we already have. Apple Music doesn't publish full production credits unfortunately

@TextBook found the credits for COCC I believe, I can't remember how tho :um2:

12 minutes ago, sweetie said:

They were referring to the writing credits which we already have. Apple Music doesn't publish full production credits unfortunately

@TextBook we need you here :crying2:

This German site leaked Solar Power’s credits like 20 days before its release. May be worth keeping an eye on it. 
https://www.25music.de/11539181,0,lp,-,lorde,solar-power-vinyl,-,pop,602438176489,3817648.html

Blue Banisters link 

https://www.25music.de/11546987,4,cd,-,lana-del-rey,blue-banisters,-,pop,602438741458,3874145.html

someone who has already heard dealer, can u describe it to me? i dont wanna listen to the leak cause we kinda already heard half the album, but im just so excited aaaagh- anyways, what's the instrumental like? is it a bop, is it slow? the lyrical content? does it have the potential to be the a career highlight? 

24 minutes ago, sweetie said:

I found COCC credits online tho, I don’t even know how to use a computer guys… :toofunny:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

6 minutes ago, rock candy sweet said:

someone who has already heard dealer, can u describe it to me? i dont wanna listen to the leak cause we kinda already heard half the album, but im just so excited aaaagh- anyways, what's the instrumental like? is it a bop, is it slow? the lyrical content? does it have the potential to be the a career highlight? 

Spoiler

Think of an Arctic Monkeys/The Last Shadow Puppets/Tame Impala during the Currents era downtempo lounge soft rock. The version we have has Miles singing the verses and Lana the chorus. The vibes I get from the song is Miles singing in a hazy, monotone voice in an empty jazz bar that only has 2 resident customers and an indifferent bartender who doesn’t really care about the music playing as long no one starts shit in his bar. Lana storms in every chorus to sing in a high pitched register almost as if she’s absolutely drunk and stumbling her way up to the stage to take the mic away from Miles and scream at him. 

This back and forth culminates in an outro in which Miles repeats the first verse “please don’t try to find me through my dealer, he won’t pick up his phone…” while Lana sings random stuff over him in a baby manner similar to her Lizzy Grant/BTD days like “my circuits are busy, goodbye, my circuits are busy, you’re high”.

Its a very weird song but one that evokes such a distinct, singular feeling. Lana’s part really expresses how revolted she is at this man’s reluctance to reciprocate and answer her and she repeatedly howls how she gave him all her money, doesn’t want to live any further or give him anything at all since he never gave her anything back. Really really intriguing work - that I personally find very brave of her to release something like that. It’s definitely going to be divisive! 

I hope I got this description right omg, English is not my first language. I don’t make the news, I just report them! :eek2:

IMG-7960.jpg

14 minutes ago, rock candy sweet said:

Spoiler

I heard one version of it but apparently, there are two versions. Both versions are a duet with Miles Kanes, who opens the track. It’s a jazzy slow tune, with drums. Lana kicks in for the chorus and she goes high very fast. Her voice sounds angry/vulnerable. The song sounds like an argument between Lana and Miles. The song is about breaking up, not wanting to be found though the dealer. Second verse kicks in with a weird synth coming over the beat, which is weirdly pleasant. I wasn’t sure I would love it but I love how jazzy the song is and how she plays with her voice. 

18 minutes ago, rock candy sweet said:

Spoiler

It's a midtempo bop, a very relaxed vibe aside from the screaming. Production is UV meets NFR and the lyrics remind me more of her earlier stuff. Because its a duet she doesn't do a lot of storytelling but the raw emotion in her voice carries the song.

21 minutes ago, rock candy sweet said:

Spoiler

It's a bit on the slower/midtempo side. Pretty mellow and sparse instrumental- from what I can hear mainly drums and bass. Lyrically it sounds (to me) like a back and forth between someone either trying to disappear or who is so wrapped up in their addiction that they already have- and they know it, and a frustrated loved one (that's the picture it paints in my head anyway). Pretty sad/kinda depressing. She wasn't exaggerating when she said she screams-- her vocals on the chorus tbh are kinda reminiscent of UV (think Cruel World but amp up the cathartic wailing), especially with all the reverb. As far as being a career highlight, some love it, some hate it. Idk if it's a career highlight for me, but I do love it and it's definitely among my favorites from the BB songs we've heard. Hope this helps :kiss:

whatarecoloris.jpg

Just now, shadesofdealer said:
  Hide contents

It's a bit on the slower/midtempo side. Pretty mellow and sparse instrumental- from what I can hear mainly drums and bass. Lyrically it sounds (to me) like a back and forth between someone either trying to disappear or who is so wrapped up in their addiction that they already have- and they know it, and a frustrated loved one (that's the picture it paints in my head anyway). Pretty sad/kinda depressing. She wasn't exaggerating when she said she screams-- her vocals on the chorus tbh are kinda reminiscent of UV (think Cruel World but amp up the cathartic wailing), especially with all the reverb. As far as being a career highlight, some love it, some hate it. Idk if it's a career highlight for me, but I do love it and it's definitely among my favorites from the BB songs we've heard. Hope this helps :kiss:

Spoiler

Omg yes totally reminiscing of Cruel World vocally speaking but in a higher scale. It’s definitely one of her best songs and proof that she’s no one trick pony. The fact that she was able to come up with this song is nothing short of spectacular!

That we go from this to Thunder to WW… whew! A stretch of brilliance!

IMG-7960.jpg

55 minutes ago, rock candy sweet said:

Spoiler

There are three instruments- drums, bass and some type of organ. They play the same two chords in a loop for the entire 4 and a half minutes with little to no variation.

It reminds me of the intro to Rihanna's Love On the Brain but a bit slower (and without the guitar).

Most of the song is sung by Miles, who sounds very similar to Sean Ono Lennon.

Personally I think it's very boring but it seems it's going to be a fan favourite, because of the vocals I think. :)