Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

17 hours ago, cheaptrailertrashglm said:

we're the ones with taste ;)

:P

certified by no one:omfg2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Damn y’all really arguing over a song I haven’t even heard yet. I guess I’ll die an outsider. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Damn y’all really arguing over a song I haven’t even heard yet. I guess I’ll die an outsider. 

I haven't heard dealer. But the more it's slandered, the more I know I'm gonna love it. :oop:

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Is Dealer similar to Playing Dangerous? I mean story driven and somewhat jazzy

Yes

Not the NFR slander...

Text Book is great, but it doesn't sound as good as an opener

Just now, Lustrouslines said:

Y’all…. i got a job at Target :defeated: can’t wait stock the BB exclusive vinyls and get one myself the day of release…. 

Hide contents

maybe even the week before :creepna3:

LanaBoards: Secret Invasion :oprah3:

i'm not sure how text book will work as an opener but it's an absolutely wonderful song, the very personal lyrics, the little details in the production, the haunting outro. listened to it a lot on repeat yesterday cause it was one of those nights and it hasn't aged one bit for me, except for the fact sometimes it's kinda too painful bc some of the lyrics hit too close to home. i feel like this album is gonna be a retrospective not only for lana but also for me:crai:

19 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Y’all…. i got a job at Target :defeated: can’t wait stock the BB exclusive vinyls and get one myself the day of release…. 

Hide contents

Leak it sis. Become this era's cassette girl. You might get fired af, but that's okay. :oop:

"Ride"  was her best opener because it kinda propelled you into the album. Those opening chords really had a presence to them and drew you in. "Textbook" just doesn't have that same punchy presence that would draw you in. It's more of a slow burn, which is what I think LDR wants with this album. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

7 minutes ago, Mer said:

"Ride"  was her best opener because it kinda propelled you into the album. Those opening chords really had a presence to them and drew you in. "Textbook" just doesn't have that same punchy presence that would draw you in. It's more of a slow burn, which is what I think LDR wants with this album. 

Controversial opinion: Text Book is one of my favorite openers. Idk. It's so dramatic. The weird drum at the begining, it's wild, creepy. Followed by the rest. It's gunning for my #1 Cruel World

Just now, Mer said:

I second this, the production on the track is just excellent alone + with the crickets opening up the record...

however, think of how Lana already starts off with addressing one of her main criticisms: her "daddy" issues as the media calls it.

I guess you could call it textbook
I was lookin' for the father I wanted back

and as far as track listing goes for this album she's dragging critics left and right: from the weak women anti feminist narrative the media paints her as on the title track, the LA romanticization on Arcadia, and her abuse on Wildflower Wildfire - and that's not the only topics those songs cover. I don't know about you but those opening lines on Text Book set the entire tone and I just know it's gonna wrap up nicely and this record is gonna sit on top next to NFR! :flutter:

45 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Hide contents

Leak the album. Target staff will never know :teehee:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

23 minutes ago, Lentilus Dealer Hoe said:

Controversial opinion: Text Book is one of my favorite openers. Idk. It's so dramatic. The weird drum at the begining, it's wild, creepy. Followed by the rest. It's gunning for my #1 Cruel World

taste bestie :oprah3:

the fact the the album starts with "i guess you could call it text book. I was looking for the father i wanted back"  is absolutely iconic and sets the tone. 

faSE.gif

6 minutes ago, your dealer said:

taste bestie :oprah3:

the fact the the album starts with "i guess you could call it text book. I was looking for the father i wanted back"  is absolutely iconic and sets the tone. 

OMG RIGHT!!! And that's what I am wanting. The way it sets the whole mood. Quite literally, her telling us to prepare ourselves, because she's gonna tell us a story, her story. 

It's a perfect start. I love that the "new" songs, are all at the middle of the album. And the unreleased at the end. 

It's almost like she's proving a point. That she's always felt a certain way. And her unreleased songs speak for themselves, a witness to her truth  Seeing as they are all from different years, it makes a certain statement.

1 hour ago, Lustrouslines said:

Hide contents

you mean one for US or else i’m snitching :wink: