Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Black Bathing Suit is the longest song on the album, once again proving its magnum opus status :oprah4:

imageproxy.jpg

Black Bathing Suit reminds me of that IG story Clay posted in September 2020, where Lana was swimming in a pool at night, aptly wearing a black bathing suit. I wonder if she got the idea to write that song around that time/based on the potential reoccurrence of swimming around that time! I feel that it is definitely going to be a more “sensual” song.

6 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Thinking about this because... she wrote and recorded Cherry Blossom & Nectar of the Gods while she was on tour. A friend talked with Fabrizio Argiolas and confirmed this. It was like a one-day session in May 2013 in between shows. So unless she wrote Cherry Blossom beforehand with Rick, how is he a credited writer? Did she revamp the song in 2015? Like... what?

the only explanation is she worked on the melody or lyrics with him before she went ahead to record it with fabrizio

So I assume that if the songs have been reworked, there is a good chance the length would change slightly. For Nectar, Cherry Blossom, and Living Legend, the leaked versions are the same length as the album version, which makes me inclined to believe they have not changed at all or only minor changes. The Thunder album version is ten seconds shorter than the leak, and the Dealer album version is four seconds longer than the leak. This makes me inclined to believe these songs have been reworked for the album.

I love Thunder and Dealer, but I always felt that they are the two outliers on this album sonically. Like the album is super lush and soft and all the songs are almost lullaby, and then we have these two Last Shadow Puppets hazy rock songs that sound like you're in some smokey dive bar. Trio is a different sound than the other songs also but somehow it has its place and it fits. Thunder and Dealer are gorgeous songs but they just sound so out of place next to the other songs. I'll be happy and not surprised if these two songs have been rerecorded to have instrumentals that are more cohesive with the sound of the album. 

28 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Thinking about this because... she wrote and recorded Cherry Blossom & Nectar of the Gods while she was on tour. A friend talked with Fabrizio Argiolas and confirmed this. It was like a one-day session in May 2013 in between shows. So unless she wrote Cherry Blossom beforehand with Rick, how is he a credited writer? Did she revamp the song in 2015? Like... what?

#LeakCherryBlossomHoneymoonVersion @HoneymoonDaddy @Brightsun @111 @lustforlife @leo in saint tropez

NFR is still her longest album thanks to Venice Bitch. Queen behaviour :umadney:

But will it still be her best album in the post-Honeymoon era??? We'll find out in 3 weeks :oop2:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

ANYWAY. What I DO KNOW are track lengths:

1."Text Book"  Lana Del Rey, Gabe SimonDel Rey, Simon, Zach Dawes, Dean Reid 5:04

2."Blue Banisters"  Del Rey, SimonDel Rey, Simon 4:52

3."Arcadia"  Del Rey, Drew EricksonDel Rey, Erickson 4:23

4."Interlude - The Trio"  Ennio Morricone  1:16

5."Black Bathing Suit "  Del Rey, Erickson, Dawes 5:18

6."If You Lie Down with Me"  Del Rey, Barrie-James O'Neill, Erickson 4:24

7."Beautiful"  Del Rey, Erickson 3:36

8."Violets for Roses"  Del Rey, Erickson 4:15

9."Dealer"  Del Rey, Miles Kane, Dawes, Loren Humphrey, Tyler ParkfordDawes 4:34

10."Thunder"  Del Rey, DawesDawes 4:19

11."Wildflower Wildfire"  Del Rey, Mike Dean, Sage Skolfield, Sean SolymarDel Rey, Dean 4:46

12."Nectar of the Gods"  Del Rey, O'NeillFabrizio Argiolas4:20

13."Living Legend"  Del Rey, O'Neill, Dan Heath4:01

14."Cherry Blossom"  Del Rey, Rick NowelsNowels, Argiolas 3:18

15."Sweet Carolina" Del Rey, Alana Champion, Chuck Grant, Robert Grant Jr.Erickson 3:22

Total length:

61:49

pass me my vape.

16 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

NFR is stillher longest album thanks to Venice Bitch. Queen behaviour :umadney:

But will it still be her best album in the post-Honeymoon era??? We'll find out in 3 weeks :oop2:

isnt lfl her longest album (71:56) when nfr is (67:42)

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 hour ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Not miss Black Bathing Suit being the longest track. I’m shocked and even more excited. Boz sinks.

Didn’t our alleged “insider” say that Sweet Carolina is 5 minutes? Bye girl. 

@lustforlies see how it’s suddenly crickets ? :eartha: