Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

While I understand that it might not feel fresh, I think it’s a bit unfair to undermine the experience of listening to the full body of work ordered in the sequence Lana intended. It is one thing to listen to, say, Thunder as a standalone leaked song but it’s a completely different thing to listen to a quite possibly rearranged Thunder after Dealer and before WW. Like, the thing about this album is how it will flow thematically and even how it might pack a bigger punch to listen to older Lana songs as she integrates them in a record with the specific intention to mirror what she wants to say.

Maybe we shouldn’t be so fixated with the idea that we know quite a few songs and just let the whole record wash over us as intended :agree:

IMG-7960.jpg

2 hours ago, 111 said:

remember when some insiders said text bookT is the longest track?

remember how they said BBS is "surprising" and all that? :oprah3:

Hide contents

the surprise being that they don't have it that's why they didn't know it was the longest track :creepna2:

Hide contents

yes i am still salty this website bullied me off for the tiniest things, enjoy lustforlife/ldraddic and islamgoulding i guess :eek3:

I can’t believe people actually fell for lfl being an insider it was so obviously a gag

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

While I understand that it might not feel fresh, I think it’s a bit unfair to undermine the experience of listening to the full body of work ordered in the sequence Lana intended. It is one thing to listen to, say, Thunder as a standalone leaked song but it’s a completely different thing to listen to a quite possibly rearranged Thunder after Dealer and before WW. Like, the thing about this album is how it will flow thematically and even how it might pack a bigger punch to listen to older Lana songs as she integrates them in a record with the specific intention to mirror what she wants to say.

Maybe we shouldn’t be so fixated with the idea that we know quite a few songs and just let the whole record wash over us as intended :agree:

i don't quite mean what you think i mean. as i said, i trust Lana's vision and tracklist choices, and i think that after we get used to all the songs, and there is no major asymmetry between the knowledge we have of each of them anymore, there'll be zero problem.

but even if the tracklist makes a lot of sense and tells her story in a coherent way, upon my first listen, there is going to be an effect of the fact that there are 4 known songs, then 4 unknown songs, then 6 known songs, then one short unknown song. i'm not saying she should've done it differently, nor am i saying she should've taken into consideration the fact that some people already know those songs. but having experienced that when i first listened to nfr, i just think i might be tempted to wish the time spent listening to the the known songs away, which is a bit sad - but i'm not blaming Lana or anyone!

24 minutes ago, be sweet said:

girlies let's manifest snippet leaks from a shady website ;)

let's manifest the whole thing though

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, 111 said:

remember when some insiders said text bookT is the longest track?

remember how they said BBS is "surprising" and all that? :oprah3:

Hide contents

the surprise being that they don't have it that's why they didn't know it was the longest track :creepna2:

Hide contents

yes i am still salty this website bullied me off for the tiniest things, enjoy lustforlife/ldraddic and islamgoulding i guess :eek3:

you fucking liar 

are you going to beg me in dms to give you an album this time ? don't try again

you better shut the fuck off your days are over unfortunatly you have nothing 

giphy.gif 

let's manifest that this album isn't going to leak and will only drop on october 22nd instead :smile:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

40 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

boy you really are trying to be mean to me in every possible way aren't you? telling me to shut the fuck up and go suck my mom wasn't enough?

as a matter of fact, i have listened to the leaks (4 out of 5 not knowing those songs were ever going to be reused - and btw. i think it's absurd to blame people for having listened to them without knowing that). so it's also a fact that 4 songs in a row, then 6 songs in a row, are not going to be fresh. and it's a fact that it was not the case for the previous albums. i'm not saying it's anyone's fault, i'm saying i'm afraid the first listen will feel unbalanced, because of those facts.

LMAOOOOOO girl is it really THAT serious? damn must’ve hit a nerve :eartha: 

at least 1 of those 6 songs would be fresh if you didn’t listen to dealer, you can only be mad at yourself here…

and how exactly is saying maybe you shouldn’t have listened to dealer knowing it’s on the album being mean lol? should’ve been smarter and not spoil it for yourself idk what you want us to tell you. 

some people really gotta grow up and stop acting like anyone held a gun to your head to listen to anything that leaks (especially since it’s a pretty known fact after the last 3-4 albums that she likes to put unreleased songs on her albums so just act accordingly)  :eek:

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

let's manifest that this album isn't going to leak and will only drop only on october 22nd instead :smile:

absolutely not. i want it now!

giphy.gif

please redirect the fights to the on & on thread we're almost reaching 100 pages and we and elle could use your help thank you 

giphy.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

LMAOOOOOO girl is it really THAT serious? damn must’ve hit a nerve :eartha: 

at least 1 of those 6 songs would be fresh if you didn’t listen to dealer, you can only be mad at yourself here…

and how exactly is saying maybe you shouldn’t have listened to dealer knowing it’s on the album being mean lol? should’ve been smarter and not spoil it for yourself idk what you want us to tell you. 

some people really gotta grow up and stop acting like anyone held a gun to your head to listen to anything that leaks (especially since it’s a pretty known fact after the last 3-4 albums that she likes to put unreleased songs on her albums so just act accordingly)  :eek:

it actually is that serious when you - and a major part of this community, as people let you go on behaving that way - don't seem to realize it's not okay to talk to other people the way you do. it makes for an unhealthy climate, and yes, responding to my posts time and again just to be mean - don't try to pretend the way you phrased your previous message wasn't mean - partakes of this. in this precise message you sent, for instance, saying "should've been smarter" is mean. saying "some people gotta grow up" referring to me is, too. making fun of people reporting a problem in someone else's behavior as well.

also, i never said anyone held a gun to anyone's head when something leaked, so i don't know why you assume that's what i think. and putting one unreleased song on an album is way different from putting 5 (or maybe even 6).