Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I'm glad I haven't listened to Dealer and The Trio yet. And I've only listened to the first 50 seconds of Arcadia. So I think I'm good lol! :candy: 

@Future Jazz You could listen to the leaked stuff early and then treat the rest of the album as an exclusive 11-track edition or something! For example, you could start with Dealer, Thunder, Nectar, Living Legend and Cherry Blossom first, enjoy the HQ/remastered quality and then listen to the new tracks starting with the officially released singles (Text Book, BB, Arcadia, Interlude, WFWF) and completing your listening experience with the 5 brand new tracks (BBS, IYLDWM, Beautiful, VFR, SC). Upon your second listen, you could listen to the album in sequence just as Lana curated it in order to "get" the narrative/story of the album. Or you could treat the leaked stuff as bonus tracks upon your first listen. 

Anyway, Black Bathing Suit is a head-scratcher at this point. I'm tempted to predict it as the closest thing to a "bop" on the album; there's a reason why The Trio precedes it. And while I'm not really expecting another Cherry/Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak to be honest, because I highly doubt Erickson and Dawes would co-write something similar to these tracks, I do think that the interlude's trap elements and spaghetti western sounds will somehow be incorporated... Besides, the longest tracks on a Lana album usually end up being highlights (Off to the Races; Cruel World; Blackest Day; Honeymoon; Heroin; Get Free; Venice bitch; Hope is a dangerous thing; White Dress) so this is promising. I'm being cautiously optimistic!

Remember when boz said back in late June that she added a bunch of songs including Arcadia at the very last minute? I guess these must have been the Drew Erickson collaborations (tracks 3, 6, 7, 8 and probably 15). And a couple of days later boz told us that she added yet another song! It must have been Black Bathing Suit since no one seems to have it...

I'm very very curious about Beautiful. It's a very generic and simple title and has a surprisingly short length. I really don't know what to expect from it. Would @111 like to pour the tea?

now-pour-the-tea-mulan.gif

When your fandom decides to fight on a daily basis instead of anticipating a new mv or manifesting a UFB leak

ShadySneakyAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

Spoiler

Gays stop the fighting

giphy.gif

Just now, House of Balloons said:

from what ? :wtf3: the people interested in leaks are also the ones who have already preordered a shit ton of cds/vinyls/cassettes/ugly merch, she's not losing anything 

true, it doesn't bring her less money. but she stated several times she was unhappy when her albums leaked (lfl, for instance, or black beauty and the other songs) so i guess she'd prefer for it not to leak. but it most likely will and i think she's used to it!

2 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

from what ? :wtf3: the people interested in leaks are also the ones who have already preordered a shit ton of cds/vinyls/cassettes/ugly merch, she's not losing anything 

exactly! i already bought one CD and am trying to get others (including a Japanese version). even if it leaks tomorrow she'll still get hella sales

1 minute ago, COCC said:

When your fandom decides to fight on a daily basis instead of anticipating a new mv or manifesting a UFB leak

ShadySneakyAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

Hide contents

Gays stop the fighting

giphy.gif

The only leak we want around here is the Mertens version of AKA

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

it actually is that serious when you - and a major part of this community, as people let you go on behaving that way - don't seem to realize it's not okay to talk to other people the way you do. it makes for an unhealthy climate, and yes, responding to my posts time and again just to be mean - don't try to pretend the way you phrased your previous message wasn't mean - partakes of this. in this precise message you sent, for instance, saying "should've been smarter" is mean. saying "some people gotta grow up" referring to me is, too. making fun of people reporting a problem in someone else's behavior as well.

also, i never said anyone held a gun to anyone's head when something leaked, so i don't know why you assume that's what i think. and putting one unreleased song on an album is way different from putting 5 (or maybe even 6).

"time and time again" i mentioned you maybe…2 times, 3 max in like…ever don’t be ridiculous. this sounds more like persecution mania at this point. and don’t delude yourself into thinking people here being snarky or even a bit bitchy is being mean. if you can’t handle jokes, sarcasm or a bit of sass then idk do you need a trigger warning? would that make things better ? 

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

"time and time again" i mentioned you maybe…2 times, 3 max in like…ever don’t be ridiculous. this sounds more like persecution mania at this point. and don’t delude yourself into thinking people here being snarky or even a bit bitchy is being mean. if you can’t handle jokes, sarcasm or a bit of sass then idk do you need a trigger warning? would that make things better ? 

should women accept sexist jokes? should Black people accept racist jokes? what you're saying is exactly what people who makes those jokes say to them. and the principle is the same as in this very situation: being disrespectful towards other people in the name of humor.

i think you went way above being snarky and bitchy, several times. what i need, if you can't bring yourself to treat other users with respect - which should be a natural thing to do - is for you to stop quoting me.

1 minute ago, House of Balloons said:

from her albums getting leaked every single time?? I know she's not exactly losing money but we already have half of this album so what's the problem to wait until the release date as planned? that's just my opinion based on how she feels about her albums getting leaked, I know this is a lost battle, this album is probably leaking next week or something

I'm glad she gets solid support from the fandom when it comes to preorders tho, hope she's gonna grab that #1 in UK one more time to add to the collection

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

That person is literally telling you you’re crossing a line with them and overstepping the boundaries. Just stop talking to them or apologize and move on? You’re being rude for no reason.

IMG-7960.jpg

11 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

It affects streaming numbers from people who don’t buy physicals though. Then again not sure that the number of people that listen to leaks is significant enough to cause a huge difference. I think it would be nice if a Lana album didn’t leak for once though. That way we can all react to the album at the same time. 

For me, I'm considering the unreleased tracks that were reworked as new tracks since they're supposedly so different. And even if not, they still won't be identical to the versions we have (the only track I 100% think is the exact same as the one we have is NOTG). Anyways, 21 more days until album of the year :hottie:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Nectar said:

It affects streaming numbers from people who don’t buy physicals though. Then again not sure that the number of people that listen to leaks is significant enough to cause a huge difference. I think it would be nice if a Lana album didn’t leak for once though. That way we can all react to the album at the same time. 

I think it has a huge effect. Chemtrails leaked about two weeks early and Stans who bought physicals were illegally streaming it A LOT for those two weeks. Then by the time it was officially released they weren’t listening as much. Obviously it’s what happens after a few weeks of a having an album. If it never leaked her steaming numbers would be better. Hopefully no leaks this time!

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

That person is literally telling you you’re crossing a line with them and overstepping the boundaries. Just stop talking to them or apologize and move on? You’re being rude for no reason.

Youre crossing my line now. Apologize:tommy:

Just now, Lustfordealer said:

Youre crossing my line now. Apologize:tommy:

Good try. You do recognize this type of discourse is eerily similar to the people crying about freedom of speech because they can’t say offensive things under the disguise of humor and banter? Like ok we’re mostly sarcastic gay men and we love to bitch and snark on our interactions but can’t we also respect other people’s limits?

IMG-7960.jpg