Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, Nectar said:

It affects streaming numbers from people who don’t buy physicals though. Then again not sure that the number of people that listen to leaks is significant enough to cause a huge difference. I think it would be nice if a Lana album didn’t leak for once though. That way we can all react to the album at the same time. 

i'm pretty sure that the amount of people who listen to leaks (especially lana leaks) isn't significant enough to affect her sales or her streaming numbers. the stans who have already preordered are the ones who are interested enough to search for leaks. non stans usually only care about new lana music weeks (even months) after the release.  

6 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

from her albums getting leaked every single time?? I know she's not exactly losing money but we already have half of this album so what's the problem to wait until the release date as planned? that's just my opinion based on how she feels about her albums getting leaked, I know this is a lost battle, this album is probably leaking next week or something

I'm glad she gets solid support from the fandom when it comes to preorders tho, hope she's gonna grab that #1 in UK one more time to add to the collection

i understand that makes her unhappy, no artist would be happy to see their work get leaked before its due date but that doesn't stop it from happening either. so what's the point of hoping it won't? leaks are inevitable. 

1 minute ago, House of Balloons said:

i understand that makes her unhappy, no artist would be happy to see their work get leaked before its due date but that doesn't stop it from happening either. so what's the point of hoping it won't? leaks are inevitable. 

like I said, lost battle

I'm just a single girl hoping, have a happy listening if it really leaks then

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

should women accept sexist jokes? should Black people accept racist jokes? what you're saying is exactly what people who makes those jokes say to them. and the principle is the same as in this very situation: being disrespectful towards other people in the name of humor.

i think you went way above being snarky and bitchy, several times. what i need, if you can't bring yourself to treat other users with respect - which should be a natural thing to do - is for you to stop quoting me.

WOW so someone, annoyed by your constant whining about the leak topic, telling you "maybe you shouldn’t have listened to a leak you knew would be on an album" is the same as sexism and racism to you?? you really gotta get the help you very desperately need :awkney:

i also really don’t care i’ll quote you as much as i please if i have something to say this is a free country and a free forum. if you’re not happy about it the block button’s right there, use it :bye:

5 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

what if beautiful isn't beautiful... :pout:

I just want you to know I read your username as Lemona De Tan for a solid five minutes, trying to figure it out, before I realized what it was. :hide:

The mods when they see that another fight broke out in the pre-release thread 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, sznofthewitch said:

I just want you to know I read your username as Lemona De Tan for a solid five minutes, trying to figure it out, before I realized what it was. :hide:

it was supposed to be lemonadetears but i'm dyslexic i don't even know what the hell a lemonade tan is. jaundice?

anyways, blue banisters out october 22nd!

8 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Good try. You do recognize this type of discourse is eerily similar to the people crying about freedom of speech because they can’t say offensive things under the disguise of humor and banter? Like ok we’re mostly sarcastic gay men and we love to bitch and snark on our interactions but can’t we also respect other people’s limits?

there’s truly offensive things like say racism, sexism, homophobia, lines you don’t cross etc and then there’s grown ass men/women crying on an online stan forum because someone told them to maybe not listen to a leak if it spoils the surprise for them. if they want to constantly play the victim they can do as they please, but don’t expect me to play along :clapback:

3 minutes ago, sznofthewitch said:

I have a similar problem with @palemoonbaby, because I keep reading it as paleo moon baby and I always get excited that someone else has a passion for history too :true:

What season do y'all associate this album with so far? :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

God, tensions run high in this thread for the last two weeks… 

I am just so fucking happy for this project, I don’t even have the feeling to rage with anyone (it’s not really my type anyways). 

31 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

what if beautiful isn't beautiful... :pout:

I have so much faith in the producers of this album so far. I hope I won’t be proven wrong.

Elle has asked you guys so many times to stop fighting in this thread so please don't get it locked for the rest of us who are just here to have a good time and get excited about the album. :dorothy3:

Spoiler

If you are so desperate to be rude, do it in the On and On thread please and thank you. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

God, tensions run high in this thread for the last two weeks… 

I am just so fucking happy for this project, I don’t even have the feeling to rage with anyone (it’s not really my type anyways). 

me too. i kinda like the tension though, sometimes it leads to some pretty interesting discussions that help us see different perspectives regarding the album, leaks, etc. it would be pretty uninspiring if the thread (or the website in general) was just a giant echo chamber of the same beliefs and opinions.

29 minutes ago, sznofthewitch said:

Lana's long lost Latina cousin

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven