Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

55 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

if IYLDWM is an ultraviolence outtake, does than mean the song has her 2013/2014 vocals or did she re-record them?

could be either. i’m hoping for uv vocals cause the reverb drenched smokey voice was a huge serve but cohesion wise re-recorded vocals will do the trick….i guess :lange:

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

if IYLDWM is an ultraviolence outtake, does than mean the song has her 2013/2014 vocals or did she re-record them?

LMLYLAW was an outtake from the UV era but the Chemtrails version had 2019 vocals. Could be the same for IYLDWM, we don’t really know if she wrote it in the UV era or if it’s a recent song which would imply she worked with Barrie quite recently

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

LMLYLAW was an outtake from the UV era

honestly i will never believe this. how come a person writes "dope and diamonds, dope and diamonds, lalalalala" and "let me love you like a woman, let me hold you like a baby" in the same period of time?

14 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

honestly i will never believe this. how come a person writes "dope and diamonds, dope and diamonds, lalalalala" and "let me love you like a woman, let me hold you like a baby" in the same period of time?

Gurl, same. I believe that the only line dating back to the UV era from that song is, well, Let me love you like a woman. I really think that song was in her phone notes and not much more, like a very early draft. A bit like Hope, that she had been writing for three years before meeting Jack.

maybe If You Lay Down With Me (Lie Down?!? Not sure) was just also a rough draft… 

18 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

We stan a kindergarten teacher who turns into a Dominatrix at night :true:

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:
20 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

she contains  MULTITUDES

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

25 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

LMLYLAW was an outtake from the UV era but the Chemtrails version had 2019 vocals. Could be the same for IYLDWM, we don’t really know if she wrote it in the UV era or if it’s a recent song which would imply she worked with Barrie quite recently

I still doubt that this is true. Nothing about that song fits the UV era, neither the wiritng nor the composition. I could see this being a Methamphetamines/ Old Money situation were the melody was an early draft from around 2013 ort hat  she reused some lyrics like the chorus but I can't see the actual song coming from that era

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

IYLDWM must be a rough draft at best because Erickson is a co-writer which indicates that this has been reworked a lot. But I think it’s a new song given that Barrie and Lana had a session earlier this year. And it’d be quite cute and heartwarming if they decided to write a brand new song together after so many years so I’m manifesting it anyway! 

5 hours ago, TextBook said:

And this is what BOZ said. He also stated that the longest track on the record was TextBook (which is not) and said that Arcadia had nothing but piano...

I don't wanna sound delusive but the version we have of Nectar of the Gods is 4 seconds longer than the BB version + Rick is credited in Cherry Blossom.

BOZ could be wrong again 

If I remember correctly someone asked him if there were any long songs like VB on there and he said No, TB was pretty much the longest song. So he wasn’t confirming that TB was officially the longest song, he was verifying that there weren’t songs longer than TB overall (so 10 seconds longer of BBS doesn’t really qualify) and not to expect any VB vibes

2 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

BB had better be worth withstanding the trauma, trials and tribulations of the first 3 weeks of university

Literally this i am not enjoying my college experience so far at all and this album release is really the only thing keeping me going

Spoiler

I will become feral as soon as i can stream dealer on spotify its true its true

2 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

I would agree with you if she hadn't managed to write Video Games and Behind Closed Doors in the same year

The duality of Lana

2 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

BB had better be worth withstanding the trauma, trials and tribulations of the first 3 weeks of university

that’s nothing compared to the months of trauma, trials and tribulations you’ll go through when lana announces the next album via Ben the night BB drops :lange:

2 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

She explained her astrology signs in cocc

Blue banisters out oct 22

14 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

I would agree with you if she hadn't managed to write Video Games and Behind Closed Doors in the same year

The duality of Lana

Well, Behind Closed Doors is a masterpiece, so :hoe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: