Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

So I just have to sayyyyy,

I'm honestly so excited for this album, and I was so excited, & pleased, with Chemtrails. And I know that a lot of people expected more from Chemtrails for production reasons etc, (also understandable) and were a bit disappointed, but I was very happy with it.

SO to see what LANA has up her sleeve (ya ballads n yada yada, but probably more too?), I'm not even sure what to expect!!!! She is unpredictable.

For some people, its easy to rank her albums, this one is superior and this one isn't (Ultraviolence is my #1: probably nostalgia, L4L: last BUT I still love it) but for me, its more about adding another amazing album to the Lana discography to listen to. Like, I remember when I was 23 and only had b2d, Paradise, and Ultraviolence (+any unrealsed I had discovered at the time) (ya I'm old) to listen to, on my Ipod. And now I have all these songs + poetry.

Anyways, 4 singles have been on repeat, n LOVE u all! Blue Banisters in 20 days (and I haven't listened to any of the unreleased, so...... :cumming:)

if u lie down with me can be about having sex down a grassy hill and tumbling down literally and figuratively into a nice spring pond or like that one couple who got suctioned at the beach for doing it the notebook style the sex gods hopefully approve alrite so did the vinyl designs leak yet :hillary:

UV/Honeymoon

If You Lie Down With Me is either gonna be really sultry or really sad. Or maybe saltry :true: 

imageproxy.jpg

32 minutes ago, missamericatrash said:

So I just have to sayyyyy,

I'm honestly so excited for this album, and I was so excited, & pleased, with Chemtrails. And I know that a lot of people expected more from Chemtrails for production reasons etc, (also understandable) and were a bit disappointed, but I was very happy with it.

SO to see what LANA has up her sleeve (ya ballads n yada yada, but probably more too?), I'm not even sure what to expect!!!! She is unpredictable.

For some people, its easy to rank her albums, this one is superior and this one isn't (Ultraviolence is my #1: probably nostalgia, L4L: last BUT I still love it) but for me, its more about adding another amazing album to the Lana discography to listen to. Like, I remember when I was 23 and only had b2d, Paradise, and Ultraviolence (+any unrealsed I had discovered at the time) (ya I'm old) to listen to, on my Ipod. And now I have all these songs + poetry.

Anyways, 4 singles have been on repeat, n LOVE u all! Blue Banisters in 20 days (and I haven't listened to any of the unreleased, so...... :cumming:)

Remember when she announced she was going on hiatus right after born to die? So glad that never happened 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

4 minutes ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

Remember when she announced she was going on hiatus right after born to die? So glad that never happened 

I would have died. Lana was the first "celeb" /singer/writer that I ever gave a fuck about, and needed to keep hearing her thoughts, so I could grow as a person too... 

When I first heard Dt Mtn Dew, I was like, "I didn't evening know this sort of music could exist" .. and here we are :wub:

stream 'coast of carolina' by jimmy buffett to both celebrate 'on & on' and anticipate 'sweet carolina'  :cryney2: it's a song about reconciliation :cryney2:

From the bottom of my heart
Off the coast of Carolina
After one or two false starts
I believe we found our stride
And the walls that won't come down
Hell we can decorate or climb or find some way to get around
Cause I'm still on your side

mUENGN9.png

6 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

stream 'coast of carolina' by jimmy buffett to both celebrate 'on & on' and anticipate 'sweet carolina'  :cryney2: it's a song about reconciliation :cryney2:

Off the coast of Carolina
After one or two false starts
I believe we found our stride
And the walls that won't come down
Hell we can decorate or climb or find some way to get around
Cause I'm still on your side

I feel like his feet are staring at me :oopna2:

imageproxy.jpg

I keep thinking about how in an early 2019 interview in promotion of the Gucci Guilty campaign, Lana said that the two songs of hers that best represent her are Cruel World and Shades of Cool — and more specifically, what that says about songs from 2013 appearing on Blue Banisters. I have always loved Ultraviolence and have considered it a very important and favourite record for any true fan like the users on this site, and I feel like the events leading up to it being written are significant years down the line as Lana is recapturing her story with this album.

I feel like the Ultraviolence — Blue Banisters pipeline (and in a more succinct, retrospective way, everything in between) is symbolic of Lana at her rawest and most existential. This is the songwriting that will see her legacy live on and on and on.

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I keep thinking about how in an early 2019 interview in promotion of the Gucci Guilty campaign, Lana said that the two songs of hers that best represent her are Cruel World and Shades of Cool — and more specifically, what that says about songs from 2013 appearing on Blue Banisters. I have always loved Ultraviolence and have considered it a very important and favourite record for any true fan like the users on this site, and I feel like the events leading up to it being written are significant years down the line as Lana is recapturing her story with this album.

I feel like the Ultraviolence — Blue Banisters pipeline (and in a more succinct, retrospective way, everything in between) is symbolic of Lana at her rawest and most existential. This is the songwriting that will see her legacy live on and on and on.

Her saying that about those songs proves nfr was influenced by barrie at least the love songs

Blue banisters out oct 22

11 minutes ago, Heresthedeal said:

Her saying that about those songs proves nfr was influenced by barrie at least the love songs

She actually once said she was having a creative block before writing Norman, so she listened some music by “an ex boyfriend”, who is definitely Barrie, to get some inspiration, so you’re right!

A00DBB5B-1C9D-4A17-8A84-22525D594416.jpe

the thing about this album is the first three tracks we know.... so like it feels like it'll be a slowwwww buuuuuurn until we get into that interlude and then into the black bathing suit part of it. ughhhh i can't wait now, this album has me more excited that chemtrails did

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Who is that lady?

queen nod

:true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Going to avoid listening to any Blue Banisters tracks we have so far, because I really want to listen to the album as fresh as possible on release night :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Thunder said:

Going to avoid listening to any Blue Banisters tracks we have so far, because I really want to listen to the album as fresh as possible on release night :bebe:

i still haven't listened to dealer :sass: :agree: i'll be ready to hear it on release night :sass: 

is it true that two versions of dealer leaked?

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix