Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Considering how Lana has spoken about BB (in terms of showing the this is what happened, this is what it was blah blah)

Do you think they album will have a variety of music types that eventually flow together? Or do you think they'll all sound pretty thematic across the board?

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

21 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:
  Hide contents

I kind of see both interpretations. I don’t think any of the chorus or verses infer a dialogue. Miles is singing from the withdrawn perspective of someone who’s very clearly trying his best to avoid calls. Lana’s singing from the angry perspective of someone who wants nothing to do with this man anymore. They seem to be channelling different feelings but it’s not a dialogue. 

The only thing I’m torn on is the ending, Lana repeats the message when your phone is blocked/theirs is deactivated, so it’s either she’s calling or it’s just the same feelings being expressed. 

I interpret it the same way as @Venice does, they’re echoing the same sentiments, just different expression of it. Miles even sings on the first chorus too. 

Spoiler

You see, the difference between both parties is exactly what makes it a dialogue for me - it doesn’t mean they’re communicating well… but to me it does seem like an encapsulation of two people completely caught up in their own feelings (one is indifferent, distant, avoidant… the other is hurt, angry, tired of not receiving anything back) fighting with each other. I think it’s fascinating to see people reacting differently to the song and its meaning and maybe it says a lot about us, individually!

IMG-7960.jpg

50 minutes ago, your dealer said:

manifesting a tiny desk performance with the three background singers :oprah3:

How amazing would that be. She has no tour planned, and livestreams are out of the table now, so we really need some recorded performances.

Anyway the backup singers need to replace the dancers for future tours, we just need them :karaoke:

They can dance if they want to. Just do it, don't wait :understand:

8 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Can y'all stop with that "Dealer solo version" BS? That song would not make sense at all if it wasnt a duet.

You guys are overanalyzing every little lyric from a 2007 laptop demo but can't figure out theconcept of a song because I jUsT wOaNt LoAnA!!!1!!!11!

Spoiler

The album's version is perfectly fine anyway. :oprah3:

sorry I’m late but

black bathing suit = High By The Beach / 13 Beaches

if you lie down with me = Cherry / Tulsa Jesus Freak

beautiful = Chemtrails  / White Dress

violet for roses = Bel Air / Honeymoon 

sweet carolina = Get Free / Arcadia 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Spoiler

The only way Dealer would work as a solo, it would be if it had different lyrics that'd complement Lana's POV. 

But if the song had a proper bridge (before the outro) Lana could sing it entirely and it would be perfectly fine, tho. 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Spoiler

I agree that Dealer can be read both ways. It's not as simple as saying they're having a dialogue and it wouldn't work as a solo. The lyrics show that neither Miles nor Lana want anything to do with the other, so they are both coming from the same perspective of wanting to escape the other person. Because of that, it could definitely work as a solo song. The verses being Lana before the anger sets in, just knowing that she doesn't want the other person bothering her anymore, and the part she's currently singing being her emotional rage surrounding that person coming to a head. I also think it works great as a duet and love Miles on the track too. :true:

Spoiler

Dealer obviously makes sense has a duet but my god imagine it as a solo version with Lana playing both roles. One of them the hushed, insecure side of her and the other a screaming ANGRY MESS. That'd be amazing. A duet with herself. But as much as I want that to happen-- i don't think it will (prove me wrong lana)

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

I smell bad

If only Lana released a perfume to help you, I'm sorry

i love everything Lana spits at me so I don't care if it's a solo or duet, ultimately I win cause I love new music, sorry haters can't relate

Spoiler

Dealer to me almost sounds like an argument between two people. Like, Miles' part is one side of the argument and Lana's part is the other. It was a little jarring for the song to be a duet originally, but with the lyrics, I don't know if it would work if it was solo. I'd have to hear a solo version to sure. 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:
  Hide contents

Dealer to me almost sounds like an argument between two people. Like, Miles' part is one side of the argument and Lana's part is the other. It was a little jarring for the song to be a duet originally, but with the lyrics, I don't know if it would work if it was solo. I'd have to hear a solo version to sure. 

I barely think the same it’s just (personally) I don’t want a ft in the new album. I liked BUS , really, but for the little interview she gave us in the Bookstore, well… 

14 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

for anyone wanting to catch up: nothing happened the past 10 hours except people whining about dealer not being solo. there you go you’re welcome :kiss2::smile4:

Thank you, I was wondering

Lanarat.png