Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

Not really but so many outtakes is strange. Since NFR she kind of wants to include unreleased songs instead of new ones. It worries me a lot.

Kind of. Since COTCC dropped I kind of disappeared.

why does it worry you?

giphy.gif

Just now, baddisease said:

why does it worry you?

less new songs mean she is kind of burned out. It looks like she needs a break to get a vision or theme to write about.

Mfhp.gif

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

Since NFR she kind of wants to include unreleased songs instead of new ones

she has been doing it since born to die, they just didn't leak then

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

less new songs mean she is kind of burned out. It looks like she needs a break to get a vision or theme to write about.

1. she has ALWAYS used old unreleased songs on an album.

Diet Mountain Dew & Yayo - 2008

Old Money (Methamphetamines) - 2006

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems - 2015

Lust for Life - 2015

theres a bunch im missing :deadbanana:

2. this album was meant to be a reflection of her life and career so far and as a way to 'take control' of it.

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Lust for Life - 2015

2. this album was meant to be a reflection of her life and career so far and as a way to 'take control' of it.

I think Beautiful People was actually 2014, right after Ultraviolence :P

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Lust for Life - 2015

taking one unreleased/unfinished demo for a new album and turning it into old money is hardly the same as putting 4-5 nearly unchanged leaks on an album tho :oopna2:

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

taking one unreleased/unfinished demo for a new album and turning it into old money is hardly the same as putting 4-5 nearly unchanged leaks on an album tho :oopna2:

how do you know they're even unchanged?

also i wanna point out that this IS HER SECOND ALBUM OF THE YEAR. she gave us so much.

giphy.gif

Just now, baddisease said:

how do you know they're even unchanged?

only 2 out of the 4 have been changed and we don’t know how much but that wasn’t my point, the point is having multiple outtakes on a new album isn’t the same as having one (1) old ass demo she turned into something new 

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

only 2 out of the 4 have been changed and we don’t know how much but that wasn’t my point, the point is having multiple outtakes on a new album isn’t the same as having one (1) old ass demo she turned into something new 

this is all just a rumor from an "insider" though. we don't ACTUALLY know if anything is changed, unchanged, changed completely, or remade. 

giphy.gif

Idk y'all gotta remember this is a real human being writing her own songs about her own life. Lana doesn't see her life in "eras" like we do. Lana reuses songs and melodies and lyrics just like every other artist on the planet. Its not her fault we've all listened to the leaks. If you think releasing 2 albums in 7 months then immediately announcing work on another album before the second one is even out equals burn out... :scoff:

I hope her next album is majority leaked songs just for the spite of it all :P

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

I learned my lesson from listening to so-called insiders. I'm not about to believe them again. I think the songs are changed.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Did you miss the fact she's giving us TWO albums this year? TWO? 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

The way I see it with leaked songs being on the record (and I hope this may help anyone struggling to reconcile any grievances about older songs being on the album and wishing for strictly previously unheard material) is that, the song still exists beyond the time of its conception, and thematically, lives on and does not have an expiration date. The beauty of music is that, if we truly enjoy it, we don’t just listen to it only when it is newly released. The actual recordings of our favourite albums do not change between their initial release and our listens of it over time. 

Text Book, Wildflower Wildfire, Blue Banisters, Arcadia, The Trio, Sweet Carolina, Black Bathing Suit, Beautiful and Violets for Roses are new songs. She literally started writing and recording them last fall and completed the recording sessions in June. She reworked Thunder a lot, as well as Living Legend - albeit to a lesser extent - according to insiders. Erickson is credited as a co-writer of If You Lie Down With Me which means that the song must have been heavily reworked for the new album. How is this lazy? She scrapped some songs she wrote with Antonoff last year. We're not even sure if she reworked the likes of Cherry Blossom and Nectar of the Gods - and even Dealer - or not because it seems that the insiders have had access to an earlier version of the album and haven't even listened to songs such as Black Bathing Suit (at the very least; I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't listened to some of the other new tracks as well). This is the second album she is about to release this year, merely 7 months after Chemtrails. She'll have released 8 studio albums by the end of the year. In less than a decade. The first singles off Blue Banisters showcase sophisticated and elegant writing and instrumentals; a departure from Chemtrails and NFR in several ways. And this does feel like Lana at her most intimate. 

I don't know what else she's supposed to do in order to please some of you at this point. I keep reading posts that constantly reek of negativity - borderline toxicity at this point - on nearly every single thread even for completely random reasons. Why is everyone being triggered so easily? Why do people keep dragging her claiming that she's been burned out/lazy/an elitist/hypocrite? It's exhausting. I'm signing off. 

17 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

also yes there are 5 old songs but also 8 new ones. and on top of that she already has an album released this year with 10 fresh songs

some people thrive on greediness it seems :sideeye:

33 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

All of these unreleased tracks are better than the entirety of CoCC, so I don't see a problem. Plus we don't know whether they are unchanged

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Admittedly, I would prefer a new album with only songs I’ve never heard. However I think it’s important to take a step outside of personal preferences and start thinking about the artistry behind the record. The songs are meticulously chosen because they tell a story, or maybe fit a theme, or a concept. We have to value the product as a whole, and IMHO in this case it’s a timeline of her story which starts back in 2012/13 or whenever those older songs were created. We shouldn’t dismiss an upcoming release simply because it contains leaked songs we weren’t supposed to hear in the first place :true: This record is going to be gorgeous, I can feel it in my core :angie: Or maybe that’s the burrito I ate :eek: