Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Y’all Lana will always be eating good she gets so many streams and she’s still sells very well for an alternative artist that does zero promo

plus the charts literally mean nothing in terms of quality of album and we all know that so why do we care

nfr was the last album I think she did a lot of promo with radio and events so I think we’ll see that from her again once things open up fully but that could be years lord help us

anyways sweet Carolina I’m claiming you as my song out of the ones that I haven’t heard I can’t wait to hear you baby :hae:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

8 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Best case scenario: Lana releases a more radio-friendly/accessible single when the album is officially released (Thunder would be a cool pick) + gets NFR-level (or close to it) critical acclaim. These could help secure some longevity + streams. If not, well, she could still debut in the top 3 / top 5 on the first week and stay there for a second consecutive week due to physicals being shipped a week later. 

I can see dealer trending on Tik tok  thanks to edgy teens :hooker:

1 minute ago, Neohumanist said:

I can see dealer trending on Tik tok  thanks to edgy teens :hooker:

That chorus is fucking stellar so I honestly kinda hope it does

I’m  still shook at Mariners having an impact on TikTok she’s an icon

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

36 minutes ago, your dealer said:

the day lana collabs with billie or taylor or katy perry is the day i check out.

i'll keep authenticity over a fake / sloppy attempt to get streams which in reality does not matter. :cuteface:

What's wrong with Billie? She's mad talented and both her albums are good.

20 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

So if Lana flops on release (which she will without physicals) could we expect a new peak on the week of physicals shipping? Who’s releasing that week 

Why would she not have physicals? 

Just now, Cinnamon Boi said:

Won't the CD be out on release date?

According to the website I ordered from, yes.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, your dealer said:

the day lana collabs with billie or taylor or katy perry is the day i check out.

i'll keep authenticity over a fake / sloppy attempt to get streams which in reality does not matter. :cuteface:

I wouldn't mind an Adele collab though

On 10/10/2021 at 1:03 PM, imenos said:

did the "lana del rey - blue banisters ZIP DOWNLOAD leak but instead it's a Bebe Rexha album" phase start yet ?

Right now we're in the "everyone is lying about the album leaking" phase, so that should be coming soon if it hasn't already started :smile:

imageproxy.jpg

Um...anyways....12 days!

:hype:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, DCooper said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mjhzw088ovivncsc3c

Anyways, Blue Banisters :crying:

Here's the deal...there's a picture on the wall..

My body is a map of LA...I guess you could call it...text book

:hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 hours ago, Neohumanist said:

Will Blue Banisters debut at #1 in the billboard chart? From what I know there aren’t big release that day

I highly doubt because as far as I know BTD is her only 1# album and the other ones are #2. We all know that BTD isn't her magnum opus but the public thinks that everything after that isn't worth listening. Also, Adele is coming soon and people are super hyped since even middle aged James Bond stan dads adore Adele. 

I bet it will be #2 again and it's solely because of record sales. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

On 10/10/2021 at 1:03 PM, imenos said:

did the "lana del rey - blue banisters ZIP DOWNLOAD leak but instead it's a Bebe Rexha album" phase start yet ?

yes, but this time it was the chromatica remix album. 

giphy.gif

Does anyone else have any expectations on the tracks we haven’t heard yet based on their placement/the title?

I know it’s not much to go off of, but the thread is moving slowly, so..

5.) Black Bathing Suit: The Tulsa Jesus Freak of the record—a little less emotionally heavy and maybe the most “sultry” track on the record. 

6.) If You Lie Down With Me: I picture it as a track with the lyrical sentiments of Love song and the soundscape of Text book’s verses…except more bluesy. 

7.) Beautiful: I have no idea, honestly! Is it about her life? Her lover? Is the title deceptive & we’ll actually get a lyric like with Change’s, “I don’t feel beautiful or stable”?

8.) Violets for Roses: It’s an interesting title, and I feel like the respective meanings of the flowers will be important. Maybe she’ll say something like, “I traded my violets for roses.”

15.) Sweet Caroline: I’m 99% sure it’ll be Lana paying homage to her relationship with Chuck. It’ll be the best piano accompaniment she’s released, but fans will be divided by the track: some will call it one of her best closers (I like to think that it will be), but others will deem it boring because of its production. 

What does everyone else think??

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath