Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

when rob and chuck ACTUALLY sing on sweet carolina image0.gif

they will

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

when rob and chuck ACTUALLY sing on sweet carolina image0.gif

honestly i think it will be a moment, rob grant will serve a brooklyn baby outro type of moment, and i'm sure chuck's singing voice is nice :agree: ...as long as it's background vocals, though:agree: 

WGe8ynS.gif

21 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Anyways I have a gut feeling Violets is going to be RBFY. Manifest with me besties :et:

I've been thinking about that too... that would be the dream. :et:

13 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Sing it haaaaigh like jaaaaysus baaaaaaabyeeeeeeee :karaoke:

Y'all are gonna leave miss Nikki alone. She might be one of the flavour-of-the-month friends but she isn't all that bad I swear. :oprah3:

Thinking about what the reddit ''''insider''' said about violets for roses, it could match... Like now that i thought about the words, violets and roses, I suddenly remembered ''violets bent backwards over the grass'' and then i remember that theres a poem that she says this: 

x7anqLM.png

Maybe it will be a sad song that plays with the duality how much she was left behind but how she can find love, just a guess 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

i wonder if 'violets for roses' follows up on the themes in 'dark but just a game': "no rose left on the vines / don't even want what's mine / much less the fame". it very well could be a song about her uneasy relationship with fame, but i wonder if it will ultimately be an optimistic song in which roses represent - amongst other things - hopefulness? 

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i wonder if 'violets for roses' follows up on the themes in 'dark but just a game': "no rose left on the vines / don't even want what's mine / much less the fame". it very well could be a song about her uneasy relationship with fame, but i wonder if it will ultimately be an optimistic song in which roses represent - amongst other things - hopefulness? 

"black bathing suit" being about her relationship with the paparazzi? "violets for roses" being about her relationship with fame? this really is her revenge album after all! :true: 

WGe8ynS.gif

fbBK.gif

manifesting!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, GrenadineGrass said:

Thinking about what the reddit ''''insider''' said about violets for roses, it could match... Like now that i thought about the words, violets and roses, I suddenly remembered ''violets bent backwards over the grass'' and then i remember that theres a poem that she says this: 

x7anqLM.png

Maybe it will be a sad song that plays with the duality how much she was left behind but how she can find love, just a guess 

I’ve been playing around with this in my head too. In the poem VBBOTG she

“saw Violet bent backwards over the grass…

…with the exuberance that only doing nothing can bring

waiting for fireworks to begin

and in that moment

I decided to do nothing about everything

forever.”

so maybe she’s thinking doing nothing about everything doesn’t really help her as much as she thought. There’s still going to be shit to deal with or people attacking her. But roses have thorns which could be a way to protect herself but still put beauty into the world. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

I really hope that Chuck and Rob aren't singing. I am hoping that their vocals are like a spoken word outro, like maybe they are reenacting a conversation over family dinner that was meaningful or nostalgic to Lana. Or maybe it is like a spoken word collage, people close to Lana saying things about her, laughing, little clips of conversations that take Lana back to a different time and place, etc. It would be like the song equivalent of the Video Games MV which is a video collage.