Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I honestly don’t understand the whole revenge concept she is trying to portray on Blue Banisters. Is she even doing that or am I missing something?

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

1 minute ago, Paris Hilton said:

I honestly don’t understand the whole revenge concept she is trying to portray on Blue Banisters. Is she even doing that or am I missing something?

I think the revenge aspect is her telling her story herself which is what all the songs have been giving us.

Revenge against people assuming things about her or creating their own narrative. But that’s just what I think idk 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

39 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I honestly believe the song would sound a lot better if it wasn’t produced by Mike AND if it was produced by any of the other producers on the album. still a good song tho but not as good as the others IMO 

what the fuck… girl WFWF is the best song we have so far out of all of them omg… the crunchy beats in the outro are INCREDIBLE

Literally one of the best songs of her whole career omg… the lack of taste

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

the question should be if there will be lyrics in the booklet, as she hasnt done that since BTD smh

I loved UV / HM / NFR booklets so much, but there isn't lyrics into it, I just want some new artworks and ambient pictures

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

26 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

what the fuck… girl WFWF is the best song we have so far out of all of them omg… the crunchy beats in the outro are INCREDIBLE

:omfg2:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

17 hours ago, imenos said:

daily reminder that hollywood's dead's production and melody is better than all blue banisters releases + chemtrails album + norman album all combined and that is a fact. 

I loved the tongue-in-cheek humor, bounce and levity some of her songs had in that era. She didn't take everything she wrote, or herself, so deadly seriously. That's one of the reasons I wasn't greatly overwhelmed by UV. 

I had a dream the snippets leaked :toofunny: BBS was a piano ballad, IYLDWM featured Barrie vocals and Beautiful was literally beautiful :toofunny:

The rest of the files were corrupted, but people claimed to have Sweet Carolina and said it was a lovely song and one of her best closers, but people would either love it or hate it not in between :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I actually don’t think Lana has ever taken herself all that seriously. I think some of the songs on UV like Brooklyn Baby and FMWUTTT are somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and on all of her albums there’s always been traces of a sense of humor in at least one or two songs.

8 hours ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

Feel surreal that it’s 11 days away. Like literally doesn’t feel real or like past releases 

I agree. Culturally, it's like, 'WHAT new Lana Del Rey album?"

That's what I meant a week or so ago...she's turned her back on the press and by now they've turned their back on her. She caved somewhat to PCism on NFR!, and she was praised to the heavens for that album, and that, from the critics' point of view, was her commercial/critical peak, so now, as Joni Mitchell once sang about herself, the critics "get out the boards and the nails" and wall you off and wall you out.

It's like many actors who win the Oscar for Best Actor; Hollywood turns its back on you after that. You've reached the peak of your career in their eyes, even if you're only 25, and you're largely finished. 

She's free, of course, to make whatever decisions she wants to, but I think releasing an album with 4 or so previously-leaked [great] tracks only furthers that impression. Because any dieheard Lana Stan, even people like Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks and Joan Baez, have probably all heard the leaked tracks dozens or hundreds of times. And critics as well. 

51 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

WFWF is very good, but I wish it had more of that outstanding outro throughout the song. That being said, it already seems to be fitting in the context of the album (I haven’t listened much to the leaked songs since most of them are LQ). 

1 hour ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I think the revenge aspect is her telling her story herself which is what all the songs have been giving us.

Revenge against people assuming things about her or creating their own narrative. But that’s just what I think idk 

I think the revenge description she did got toned down with time. It’s not easy, to be enraged all the time, and I guess her caption was a « spur of the moment ». Or the concept pretty much changed and got scrapped (like almost all of her albums do in time) and the revenge part got tossed aside. At least she put on emotional songs on BB, whether they are revenge or not. 

1 minute ago, Solar Fields said:

I actually don’t think Lana has ever taken herself all that seriously. I think some of the songs on UV like Brooklyn Baby and FMWUTTT are somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and on all of her albums there’s always been traces of a sense of humor in at least one or two songs.

Yes, but IMO, the more recent attempts at humor and levity, like 'Groupie Love,' and, to a lesser degree, 'HIAB,' failed.

Back in the early LDR era, when 'Hollywood's Dead,' 'Making Out,' 'Radio,' 'National Athem,' and 'Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight' were written, she apparently didn't focus predominantly on composing 'deep' songs like 'Hope,' 'Text Book,' and 'WFWF,' and those earlier songs, sonically, had such verve; they were so clever, like pastiches of contemporary pop songs rather than sincere attempts at pop songs. 

I'd like her to feel secure enough in her artistry and self to compose and release some more relaxed, buoyant songs if she so choses; 'Arcadia' is actually a move in that direction, like the 'COCC' title song, it encompasses both light [or 'lite'] and serious themes brilliantly, and, musically, has a light touch. 

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

My concept of rage is probably her walking into harper's bazaar office HQ and taking a massive dump..so I was probably hoping for too much from Lana. 

:omfg2:that’s not super Lana though. 

39 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I loved the tongue-in-cheek humor, bounce and levity some of her songs had in that era. She didn't take everything she wrote, or herself, so deadly seriously. That's one of the reasons I wasn't greatly overwhelmed by UV. 

I can't remember what her last humorous song was, but at least "Dealer" seem to have some of her humor that we missed.