Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

6 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

if we get a tour for this album (unlikely, i know :() i'd absolutely LOVE it if she could bring the lovely backup singers that we hear on Thunder, Summertime Gershwin Version, etc with her so they can intermittently perform with Lana throughout the show and really beef up a few of the songs :flutter: imagine hearing LMLYLAW performed the way it was on that TV performance (Jimmy Fallon?? i think??) but like IN THE FLESH, i think i'd collapse :defeated: not my fav song at all but that version is truly something special. of course the classic songs would and should remain untouched - Video Games, Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, etc - but just for a few songs it'd be so nice to hear those ladies adding some richness and depth to the performance! :wub:

absolutely agree! I would much rather her have actual back up vocalists instead of just her own vocals playing on a track 

10 minutes ago, sweetie said:

You're getting clowned on for this but I fear you have a point. Solar Power and Happier Than Ever didn't leak either. Whatever the labels are doing lately, it seems to be working. :shh:

I think Happier Than Ever did leak, actually :teehee:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

7 hours ago, COCC said:
  Hide contents

I‘ve been listening to the potato-snippet every day. I can‘t believe how good it is :angie:

Spoiler

same here like ugh excellence

14 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

if we get a tour for this album (unlikely, i know :() i'd absolutely LOVE it if she could bring the lovely backup singers that we hear on Thunder, Summertime Gershwin Version, etc with her so they can intermittently perform with Lana throughout the show and really beef up a few of the songs :flutter: imagine hearing LMLYLAW performed the way it was on that TV performance (Jimmy Fallon?? i think??) but like IN THE FLESH, i think i'd collapse :defeated: not my fav song at all but that version is truly something special. of course the classic songs would and should remain untouched - Video Games, Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, etc - but just for a few songs it'd be so nice to hear those ladies adding some richness and depth to the performance! :wub:

The only song I want dropped is Blue Jeans, it feels so tired now :oopna: But I'd love to see Lana with the backup singers live, they've been such a good addition to Lana's performances. So many of the songs from Chemtrails and Blue Banisters would be magical live. Imagine Arcadia :wub:

imageproxy.jpg

25 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I really don't think a 2 year break will make her stop making piano ballads lmfao

Right. Ultraviolence and Honeymoon were like a year apart and they sounded pretty different. She’ll try a completely new sound whenever she is ready to. Plus the music she is releasing now is still great so I don’t see why she would need a break if she doesn’t want one. 

9 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I think Happier Than Ever did leak, actually :teehee:

Not really, a few songs leaked the day before while the rest was released at midnight in NZ :blush3:

We went from having hours of snippets for Paradise that ended with 100 fan edits of how the song was gonna go (what a time to be alive)

To no snippets and only potato *potential* leaks

It takes a lot of bravery to be that vulnerable and I am so proud of this community

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

COCC leaked on March 9th, which was 10 days before it was released, so if Blue Banisters was gonna leak on the same time, it would have leaked on Tuesday. I think that most of Lana's other albums leaked closer to their respective release dates, though. 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Nectar said:

Right. Ultraviolence and Honeymoon were like a year apart and they sounded pretty different. She’ll try a completely new sound whenever she is ready to. Plus the music she is releasing now is still great so I don’t see why she would need a break if she doesn’t want one. 

agree! still great and different! I'm sure BB won't be anything like COCC and LDR9 won't be anything like BB

the piano ballads will always be there I think, unless she decides to drop the tradition

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

32 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

It’s my birthday today:wub: praying something happens/news about the album comes out !!! I’m so excited for blue banisters.

Happy birthday!! Hope you have an amazing day :kiss: Blue Banisters right around the corner is a perfect belated birthday present! :spin:

25 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

Omg happy birthday :party: today is mine too!!! Lets use our combined powers to manifest something :hooker:

Happy birthday to you too! <3 :heart: Hope you have the best, most special day and that the Blue Banisters gods shine down on you!! :pray2:

Maybe i'm naive and/or delusional, but NFR/COCC and Blue Banisters so far sound completely different to me. She clearly wants to take her career down a more folky direction, and there's nothing wrong with that. :true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.