Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, sznofthewitch said:

Why did this thread just randomly die. :raven: Is this the Rapture? Did I get left behind?

We've passed on to the Random Conversation Thread :cryney2:

Just now, Super Movie said:

I heard that she took a note from Nirvana and added a secret track to some pressing of the album that plays 10 minutes after Sweet Carolina :really: It's called Silence and it's so quiet that only dogs can hear it :really:

an exact sample of the NFR title track's intro!

Hello everyone! I've moved the most recent spam over to the Random Conversation Thread. As always, I encourage you to post off-topic discussions, GIF chains, and memes over there. Users who contributed received warning points and those who were excessive are now on mod queue.

In truth I really think most of the GIF chains are pretty hilarious, but please remember the rules and that we've previously asked people to limit the spam. I don't want to give out anymore points or put anyone on mod queue over this especially when the album is so close and I'm looking forward to reading all your reactions. If anyone needs to talk or vent, please feel free to message. 

3lfQEhw.png

1 minute ago, takeitdoen said:

Hello everyone! I've moved the most recent spam over to the Random Conversation Thread. As always, I encourage you to post off-topic discussions, GIF chains, and memes over there. Users who contributed received warning points and those who were excessive are now on mod queue.

In truth I really think most of the GIF chains are pretty hilarious, but please remember the rules and that we've previously asked people to limit the spam. I don't want to give out anymore points or put anyone on mod queue over this especially when the album is so close and I'm looking forward to reading all your reactions. If anyone needs to talk or vent, please feel free to message. 

tbh i think that people arent really paying attention to the topic of conversation, we're just having fun x

everyone on mod queue that means i can write my manifesto about why bb will be her next magnum opus without getting interrupted or lost in the flow of conversation... a few main points i must stress are that lana thrives without jack (wrinkly) antonoff, she has recently tapped into a large vault of childhood and family trauma that has created some of her most beautiful and heartfelt lyrics... her sister had a baby, she is reminded of rebirth, and thus thought, i must rebirth lana del rey. no - its true... blue banisters is the birth of a new age of lana, more reflective, more sentimental, looking back upon the world with a different view, ready to tell her story in a different way.. it tells the story of her life, from her childhood to adulthood, from lake placid to LA, from one point to the next.. it encapsulates her life thus far as we know it. blue banisters is not just the cap, the ending, the summary of what she has lived, but the beginning of a new life, the start of something new, it is lana sitting down and saying no, i'm going to do things differently... some of the tracks will be simple yet beautiful, cherry blossom, thunder, etcetera... they'll be passionate, sentimental, emotional... some of the tracks will be involved, messy, chaotic perhaps, encapsulating the pure chaos of her life and the experiences she has had... this resurrection, this rebirth, of lana del rey, is particularly apparent in the arcadia alternative music video – the flowers, the sunlight, and the breeze all being representative of spring and the blossoming of nature as well as lana herself. blue banisters is, as mentioned, not just as album about rebirth. blue banisters is both spring and fall - it is the arcadia alt mv, idyllic representation of spring, greens, whites, blues, pinks, soft sunlit yellows... it is also the original arcadia mv, colors of fall, yellows, browns, rusted shades and grain. the album cover, the sepia tones, representing fall... and the blue profile cover representing again the blues of spring. spring is the season of rebirth, resurrection, and new life, while fall is the season of change, death, and ending... as i said, blue banisters is not just the "fall" - the ending of a story, closure to something, closure perhaps on the story of Lana Del Rey, but it is also the "spring" – the creation of something new, the flourishing of buds, the creation of something beautiful from something dead.... blue banisters is her love letter to herself and her life thus far, and an album with such a goal and that has such apparent striking imagery even before the whole album has been released (and i haven't even listened to arcadia) can only be a great work from a great artist. fin

image0.gif

sUcVobB.png

4 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

:hottie: me once again avoiding a mq and wp

I can't wait to compare the last lines of Sweet Carolina to the first lines of Text Book :hype:

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

everyone on mod queue that means i can write my manifesto about why bb will be her next magnum opus without getting interrupted or lost in the flow of conversation... a few main points i must stress are that lana thrives without jack (wrinkly) antonoff, she has recently tapped into a large vault of childhood and family trauma that has created some of her most beautiful and heartfelt lyrics... her sister had a baby, she is reminded of rebirth, and thus thought, i must rebirth lana del rey. no - its true... blue banisters is the birth of a new age of lana, more reflective, more sentimental, looking back upon the world with a different view, ready to tell her story in a different way.. it tells the story of her life, from her childhood to adulthood, from lake placid to LA, from one point to the next.. it encapsulates her life thus far as we know it. blue banisters is not just the cap, the ending, the summary of what she has lived, but the beginning of a new life, the start of something new, it is lana sitting down and saying no, i'm going to do things differently... some of the tracks will be simple yet beautiful, cherry blossom, thunder, etcetera... they'll be passionate, sentimental, emotional... some of the tracks will be involved, messy, chaotic perhaps, encapsulating the pure chaos of her life and the experiences she has had... this resurrection, this rebirth, of lana del rey, is particularly apparent in the arcadia alternative music video – the flowers, the sunlight, and the breeze all being representative of spring and the blossoming of nature as well as lana herself. blue banisters is, as mentioned, not just as album about rebirth. blue banisters is both spring and fall - it is the arcadia alt mv, idyllic representation of spring, greens, whites, blues, pinks, soft sunlit yellows... it is also the original arcadia mv, colors of fall, yellows, browns, rusted shades and grain. the album cover, the sepia tones, representing fall... and the blue profile cover representing again the blues of spring. spring is the season of rebirth, resurrection, and new life, while fall is the season of change, death, and ending... as i said, blue banisters is not just the "fall" - the ending of a story, closure to something, closure perhaps on the story of Lana Del Rey, but it is also the "spring" – the creation of something new, the flourishing of buds, the creation of something beautiful from something dead.... blue banisters is her love letter to herself and her life thus far, and an album with such a goal and that has such apparent striking imagery even before the whole album has been released (and i haven't even listened to arcadia) can only be a great work from a great artist. fin

image0.gif

Miss honey is bringing forward very interesting and complex talking points. As someone who's merely cautiously excited for the album, I must say you have sold the idea of the album better than Lana has so far. :true:
Lana truly is at crossroads right now and she's chosing to flourish. :true:

7 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

image0.gif

I love this interpretation. I’ve been trying to think about the purpose of the two videos, but I think you’ve got it. Everything is a bit like closure and rebirth all the way down to including the older songs. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

Can't wait for the day "Blue Balls Piano Flop Nikki Lane Exclusive Homophobia.zip" shows up on the dick site, featuring Blue Banisters full album, Bird World, Crazy For You, Dreams Sound Better With You, Song To The Siren, Honeymoon (Drum Mix), Terrence Loves You (Mark Ronson Demo), Sugary Sweet and Coconut & Key Lime Pie :trisha:

1 minute ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

I missed it

hawkeye-crying-gif.gif

Maybe if you leak Boom Like That (Honeymoon Version) and Crazy For You, we can start the #BoomLikeGate2021, with gifs, lyrics and lots of scat :creepna: