Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

15 minutes ago, saith said:

For those who've heard the supposedly Blue Banisters version of Thunder, what does it sound like ?:raven:

Spoiler

It starts with a piano, playing simple chords (the melody is gone) with a faint eerie violin and an acoustic guitar in the background... It's pretty much that, until the chorus, where it's just her voice, an acoustic guitar and the violin. 

When the second verse starts, the drum appears (think about the greatest kind of drum type, when the guitar solo starts) followed by the electric guitar.

And after that, it's pretty much distorted so we have no idea what it sounds like, but it's so good! :toofunny: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

On 10/12/2021 at 10:29 PM, That Venice Bitch said:

I hope ur ok. Let's get new leaks for this girl AMIRIGHT

On 10/12/2021 at 10:47 PM, COCC said:

All those dick pics manifested an actual dick treating you badly :oprah: hope you‘re ok, icon!

love y'all sm I don't even have the wordsssss :crying4: 

Spoiler

I'm feeling kinda better omg thank you, seriously ? I ruined the biggest/most serious exam of my life (that was supposed to determine my life path :crai:) BUT it's okay I'll try harder in the future!! Can't quit!! :defeated:

Thank god for good music and good peeps :gclap: Soo ready for BB!! :wub:

How many songs from your top 10 favorite outtakes list were included on the album?

Me: A few months ago, 1 (NotG), but now 3 (Thunder and CB invaded the list)

Just now, YourGirl666 said:

How many songs from your top 10 favorite outtakes list were included on the album?

I’m seriously not underestimating the fact 2 of her best unreleased songs are being released officially (nectar of the gods, thunder) it’s so unlikely that it would have happened… + the reconnection with Barrie this whole album is like fan fiction it feels so different to every other release

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Thanks to all of you who actually took the time to reply seriously. Now I want the album even more. Can't wait to hear that beauty :crying:

6 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

I’m seriously not underestimating the fact 2 of her best unreleased songs are being released officially (nectar of the gods, thunder) it’s so unlikely that it would have happened… + the reconnection with Barrie this whole album is like fan fiction it feels so different to every other release

I so agree. Maybe Barrie asking for Riverside is what inspired her to change half the album (so she could include those great songs written with him, that she wouldn't dare to use anymore.

Question about Dealer:

Spoiler

Do we have any idea if one of the leaked versions of Dealer is the final one?

Echoing what other LB members have mentioned, I really think some added production elements would give the track some variation in the verses!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Question about Dealer:

Hide contents

Echoing what other LB members have mentioned, I really think some added production elements would give the track some variation in the verses!

Spoiler

The album version is most likely more HQ, and it obviously doesn't have that random synth that the leaker played in the background of the leak. Miles does have vocal credits on the song (that was listed when part of the credits were found), so it's most likely sonically the same as the version that leaked

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Question about Dealer:

Hide contents

It isn't... the final features Nikki's vocals instead of Miles. BoZ confirmed.

14 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Thunder :oprah: it was always great since it leaked, but it has just grown on me so much and I haven't even listened to it as much! Can't wait for the final's slayage :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

15 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

I’ve loved NOTG since it leaked and I think the best part of being included is finally learning it’s real name!

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

I'm probably the only one to feel that way but I consider the (potentially) final version of Thunder to be a big downgrade.

The build up is not worth stripping the first verse of all its drive. They should at least have the drums kick in for the first chorus because it sounds empty without the backing singers and percussion.

Maybe hearing it in HQ will change my mind but I would honestly have preferred it to stay like the demo.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

okay so nobody asked but here is my predicted tracklist ranking, going from what i think will be my fav to my least fav :silly: always fun to come back to these post-release!

note: i've only heard WFWF, TB and BB multiple times, i've listened to Thunder maybe like twice???, Living Legend once a long time ago, NOTG a couple times yearsssss ago, CB in full maybe like twice? so that's what im going on rn :hooker:

1. Dealer
  2. Wildflower Wildfire
  3. Arcadia
  4. The Trio - Interlude
  5. If You Lie Down With Me
  6. Thunder
  7. Black Bathing Suit
  8. Text Book
  9. Living Legend
  10. Beautiful
  11. Nectar of the Gods
  12. Blue Banisters
  13. Violets For Roses
  14. Sweet Carolina
  15. Cherry Blossom

Wq9zHLl.jpg

god i can't wait to listen to the new thunder

Spoiler

to all of you certified piano haters, do you like it?

5 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm probably the only one to feel that way but I consider the (potentially) final version of Thunder to be a big downgrade.

The build up is not worth stripping the first verse of all its drive. They should at least have the drums kick in for the first chorus because it sounds empty without the backing singers and percussion.

Maybe hearing it in HQ will change my mind but I would honestly have preferred it to stay like the demo.

Spoiler

maybe the parts where it sounds crashy and weird are the ones she added more stuff and we don't know