Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I really wonder if she re-recorded/reworked Wild One / Fine China or just remastered them for this album... :um2: if so, they need to leak! :crying5:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Does anyone remember the original leaked songs Lana wanted to do? I know Fine China and I Can Fly but I can’t remember the other ones 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Does anyone remember the original leaked songs Lana wanted to do? I know Fine China and I Can Fly but I can’t remember the other ones 

Wild One and I think I Talk To Jesus but I'm not sure about that one

giphy.gif

Once I found my way, but now I am lostttt :cryney2:

This lyric is so powerful and relatable. A lot of people feel so sure of the path that they're on when they're younger but then you get a little bit older and you realize that things aren't as clear as you thought they were at one point. :crying4:

This album is really coming for us :excited:

Remember when UV came out and people were mad because she reworked Black Beauty and they were saying things like it was better stripped down cause it had more soul etc... It's just so funny to me. 

14 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

something should totally leak so the forum can quarrel about which versions are better just to be sure :oopna:

Bartender instrumental :creepna:

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

The one previously leaked song I wish would have made it is Fine China. I love that song. Sounds like such a classic.

honestly i think it could have replaced for free on chemtrails.  it has sort of similar sentiments about wealth and prominence that fit really well onto the themes of cocc. not sure it would fit as well on bb but i suppose we'll see!

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

3 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

honestly i think it could have replaced for free on chemtrails.  it has sort of similar sentiments about wealth and prominence that fit really well onto the themes of cocc. not sure it would fit as well on bb but i suppose we'll see!

Yeah, I totally see what you mean. I agree that Fine China doesn’t seem to fit the Blue Banisters narrative like the other ones that made the cut - that’s why I was shocked to hear that and I Can Fly were even considered. It’s funny how she repurposes older songs for each new album. We never know what she’ll use!

I also lied - her cover of Some Things Last a Long Time would have been amazing on Blue Banisters, too. It’s my favorite cover of hers, and I’m pretty sure Barrie’s on guitar. Would love for that one to be officially released.