Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

5 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

Doin Time instrumental :whine:

We already have it, but Doin Time (Laptop Cover) would be dope too

4 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

honestly i think it could have replaced for free on chemtrails.  it has sort of similar sentiments about wealth and prominence that fit really well onto the themes of cocc. not sure it would fit as well on bb but i suppose we'll see!

Imo it's too depressing for COCC, it should've been on HONEYMOON or on BB (even though I think it's too baroque for this one record)

18 hours ago, rock candy sweet said:

what flaw?

There's a part of the song that sounds too weird, it's like the sound is damaged(? I don't really know how to explain it, I think it's in the second chorus. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

23 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

Oh I thought u were mentioning it for thread atmosphere

:troll: leak Doin Time laptop cover ambient instrumental

16 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

There's a part of the song that sounds too weird, it's like the sound is damaged(? I don't really know how to explain it, I think it's in the second chorus. 

That was intentional. Listen and picture something burning, imagine the crackling of fire through the drums

Like the others baby burn, burn, burn :crying5:

49 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

The one previously leaked song I wish would have made it is Fine China. I love that song. Sounds like such a classic.

And the worst part is that the quality we have is shit. 

24 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

That was intentional. Listen and picture something burning, imagine the crackling of fire through the drums

Like the others baby burn, burn, burn :crying5:

if it was "intentional" they just caused an aural discomfort because that part sounds horrible.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

ONE 

WEEK  

LEFT

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

if it was "intentional" they just caused an aural discomfort because that part sounds horrible.

Lol tell that to Mike Dean :toofunny:

A lot of people think that actually adds to the song and others think it ruined it and it sounds weird/bad. I guess to each their own.

I’m really intrigued to see which direction she heads after Blue Banisters. According to her, this record is essentially a chronology and clarification of her life. 

While her music has always been rooted in nostalgia and her past, I almost wonder if there will be a heavier emphasis on the present tense after this album. 

I feel like this attention to the fine details in her writing shaped the soundscape of this record as well, and I think that could be why she elected for a more minimalist production approach to highlight her narrative.

Even if LDR9 ends up being the covers record (possibly being a mix of jazz standards & country classics depending on the source), I’m curious what genre she’ll segue into for her 10th record! Personally, I’m hoping she’ll stick with Mike Dean, but we’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath