Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Can't believe we're a week away :hype:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The drum distortions during the second half of WFWF quite literally saves it from being one of her most boring songs. Definitely a worthwhile production choice. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

27 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

Lol tell that to Mike Dean :toofunny:

A lot of people think that actually adds to the song and others think it ruined it and it sounds weird/bad. I guess to each their own.

He was told about that when it came out. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

36 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:
1 hour ago, turquoisejewel said:

That was intentional. Listen and picture something burning, imagine the crackling of fire through the drums

Like the others baby burn, burn, burn :crying5:

if it was "intentional" they just caused an aural discomfort because that part sounds horrible.

I mean that's what happens when you recruit Mike "synth-god" dean to produce a piano ballad. Mans was a fish out of water.

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

3 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

I mean that's what happens when you recruit Mike "synth-god" dean to produce a piano ballad. Mans was a fish out of water.

I love the song but it's quite weird that they try to give a "poetic" meaning to the drum sounds which clearly sounds wrong, they say it's "flames" or something like that. Anyway I listened to the Apple music version and that sound is much better worked out there. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey