Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, takeitdoen said:

It's not our call! Personally I think it's best to be amicable and try to work with Lana's management, since obviously an army of angry lawyers with takedoen orders and cease-and-desists are likely more powerful than us. Also it's nice to be working with their mangement so that uhh Lana doesn't hate us. :oic:

EACGBmXXsAA2-6U.jpg

@Elle might have some further thoughts, but for the moment let's just focus on hyping up the record! :beyonce:

Just now, your dealer said:

a cease and desist letter love :true:

ah. C&Ds are bad. very bad. I would make a terrible mod cuz I'd probably end up getting us one..

giphy.gif

kinda convinced that nobody has this album yet otherwise we would have gotten real teasers 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

41 minutes ago, yayoop said:

I’m pretty sure it’s banned because whenever something has leaked on there it gets related to LB and Elle has to deal with the consequences of that, mainly from Lana’s managers or team, so to avoid any of that it’s just better to distance LB from d-who-must-not-be-named so any issues are avoided

Lana being off social media has really changed how eras play out

I don’t mean to criticise Elle or the admins, I’m no legal expert. But mentioning that website..I can’ see how that is illegal. Someone saying where to get a leak..I’m not sure how that is illegal if the content is not uploaded here…how can a label or management shut a website down based on discussion?  It seems pretty ludicrous to me, unless I’m missing something.  But I’m on several forums and it’s never been a problem mentioning that website, so I’m curious why the level of strictness? If Elle is getting take down requests for that they should be appealed as they have no legal basis. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I don’t mean to criticise Elle or the admins, I’m no legal expert. But mentioning that website..I can’ see how that is illegal. Someone saying where to get a leak..I’m not sure how that is illegal if the content is not uploaded here…how can a label or management shut a website down based on discussion?  It seems pretty ludicrous to me, unless I’m missing something.  But I’m on several forums and it’s never been a problem mentioning that website, so I’m curious why the level of strictness? If Elle is getting take down requests for that they should be appealed as they have no legal basis. 

i think sharing the name of the website equals more people knowing about it and potentially having access to the leaks. although it's funny how there are direct links to it in the leaked unreleased songs threads, so it really doesn't do anything lmao

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i think sharing the name of the website equals more people knowing about it and potentially having access to the leaks. although it's funny how there are direct links to it in the leaked unreleased songs threads, so it really doesn't do anything lmao

I can understand if it’s a moral thing that Elle doesn’t want to share links to Lana’s leaked songs.  But yeah it doesn’t make a lot of sense when unreleased links are on this site anyway! I think we’ve had so many mostly good members banned just from mentioning it,  sometimes I wonder if it’s productive for the forum if it’s not a really a legal issue.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I can understand if it’s a moral thing that Elle doesn’t want to share links to Lana’s leaked songs.  But yeah it doesn’t make a lot of sense when unreleased links are on this site anyway! I think we’ve had so many mostly good members banned just from mentioning it,  sometimes I wonder if it’s productive for the forum if it’s not a really a legal issue.  

it's absolutely a legal issue if members on this site are sharing leaks of an album that's about to be released. Elle (i believe) has been spoken to before by Lana's team. It's essentially like stealing a product. Imagine if apple was making a new phone and you stole it from their headquarters. It's the same idea, music just isn't a physical object necessarily. So let's just agree to the rules instead of finding ways to stress out the mods more. 

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, your dealer said:

it's absolutely a legal issue if members on this site are sharing leaks of an album that's about to be released. Elle (i believe) has been spoken to before by Lana's team. It's essentially like stealing a product. Imagine if apple was making a new phone and you stole it from their headquarters. It's the same idea, music just isn't a physical object necessarily. So let's just agree to the rules instead of finding ways to stress out the mods more. 

I don't think a nonmaterial item can be stolen.

giphy.gif