Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I don't think a nonmaterial item can be stolen.

"According to copyright law, distribuiting or obtaining a copyrighted work (such as a music file) without the permission of the copy right holder is against the law." 

faSE.gif

I think there's a big difference between posting links to songs that apparently won't be released and songs that will commercially impact the career of an artist we love. The last video that Lana posted on instagram hinted that she knew we knew some of the songs, maybe she didn't care that much, but from the moment the album was announced, YouTube links for example started not working anymore. I think the question is to be respectful in relation to a release that will be done officially. In this case, I am totally against disclosing these links.

2 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

I'm not good at being an insider

dRYgpWK.gif

Don't worry, with more practice you can become one!

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

it absolutely can be - there's a whole area of law dealing with that (intellectual property law)

Just now, your dealer said:

"According to copyright law, distribuiting or obtaining a copyrighted work (such as a music file) without the permission of the copy right holder is against the law." 

I know that but I also know there are a lot of people fighting that.

giphy.gif

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

at least 10 people have had the full album for weeks

well i would like to see it :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I can understand if it’s a moral thing that Elle doesn’t want to share links to Lana’s leaked songs.  But yeah it doesn’t make a lot of sense when unreleased links are on this site anyway! I think we’ve had so many mostly good members banned just from mentioning it,  sometimes I wonder if it’s productive for the forum if it’s not a really a legal issue.  

takeitdoen explained it perfectly a couple posts ago

It’s a very sticky situation because there has been trouble regarding the site a couple of years ago…users may at one time have been banned for mentioning the site, but they aren’t anymore. If you directly post a link or YouTube video to a song that is set to be released, but isn’t yet, that’s where the ban comes in. 

But the overall situation is 100% a legal issue. 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, normanrockweII said:

I think there's a big difference between posting links to songs that apparently won't be released and songs that will commercially impact the career of an artist we love. The last video that Lana posted on instagram hinted that she knew we knew some of the songs, maybe she didn't care that much, but from the moment the album was announced, YouTube links for example started not working anymore. I think the question is to be respectful in relation to a release that will be done officially. In this case, I am totally against disclosing these links.

I love Lana with all my stan heart but I'm mad impatient and mad greedy when it comes to her music, which is one of the reasons I shared a certain song elsewhere, so others could get it.

1 minute ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

there's something in the wind today and it's a leak :gurl:

I pray you're right.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

takeitdoen explained it perfectly a couple posts ago

It’s a very sticky situation because there has been trouble regarding the site a couple of years ago…users may at one time have been banned for mentioning the site, but they aren’t anymore. If you directly post a link or YouTube video to a song that is set to be released, but isn’t yet, that’s where the ban comes in. 

But the overall situation is 100% a legal issue. 

what about retroactive releases? Like sharing a Cherry Blossom YT link? I mean we shared those but didn't get banned for them.

giphy.gif

Just now, your dealer said:

yeah i don't believe that and know for a fact that people who have claimed to have it in this forum do not have it. :true:

let's hope it's true. that's 10 chances of it leaking.

giphy.gif

tell these 10 annoying insiders to leak it in FULL HQ or not at all, we don't want anymore noisy snippets, do your job :bye:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e