Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, Nectar said:
Β  Hide contents

Songs like Dealer and BBS wouldn'tΒ have fit on Chemtrails. Chemtrails was more acoustic guitar based and this is more piano driven.

Β 

Yeah you are right about that and I can see why she moved dealer to this record

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Spoiler

if you lie down next to me is SO good like what the f@wck i'm listening to it rn and the melody Hit me like wow? also this track run? i'm seeing a lot of people say this tracklisting doesn't make sense but tbh i think it flows very nicely (except for dealer going into thunder that's so random) but this album feels very cohesive to me tbh? even the older tracks fit in well with the rest imo.

Β 

qfrWuBl.png

13 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:
Β  Hide contents

not living legend being one of her most current states or whatever with that hipsters line. also violets is ruined by the mask lyric imo like how the blm ruins tb. i think everyone would be fine if she forgot it existed like every other celebrity in her next eraΒ 

Spoiler

Β 

i thought the same thing and then i realized

Β 

she's intentionallyΒ using "mask" for both of its meanings; the song is about how she had to mask herself when she was with a man. so it takes on a metaphorical meaning for me that separates it from something like the BLM reference. it's actually a more beautiful lyric if you just choose to think about it that way

Β 

Β 

Spoiler

Beautiful kinda reminds me of French Restaurant (litrally haven't listened to French Restaurant since the week it leaked so my memory of the song is kinda vague but like they sound alike idk)

Β 

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, TextBook said:

Just read that the leaked version isn’t in HQ. Is it true?

Β 

I got mine in WAV

giphy.gif

I feel if we hadn’t had cherry blossom, living legend, thunder, etc leaked and they were brand new to us, we would be calling it AOTY. I’m jealous of the Lana fans who get to react to these songs for the first time. It will be interesting to see how they like it current day

25 minutes ago, Stargirls Dealer said:

Oh hay cutieΒ :hooker:Β How do you like the album?Β :sass:

:wub:Β I haven't listened to it yet but the singles are amazingggg. I tried jumping into the hype but i need that 320kbps zip. Although I am excited seeing everyone's descriptions <3

Spoiler

I already listened to the whole album, but I need to be sure. Are LL, NOTG and CB the same as the leaked versions? Are these new vocal takes?

Β 

Just now, HollywoodSlutx said:

I feel if we hadn’t had cherry blossom, living legend, thunder, etc leaked and they were brand new to us, we would be calling it AOTY. I’m jealous of the Lana fans who get to react to these songs for the first time. It will be interesting to see how they like it current day

I'm interested in hearing opinions from people who have never heard the leaked unreleased songs. I don't know if that would be anyone here though.

On 10/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, ChaoticLipster said:
Β  Hide contents

But it definitely feels like a sister album to COCC in my opinion. Β 

Β 

Spoiler

I have to disagree. In my opinion,Β Chemtrails'Β sister album would be Norman Fucking Rockwell. I thinkΒ Blue Banisters sounds quiteΒ different to both and is more diverse in sound.

Β 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕀𝕖 π•žπ•ͺ 𝕖π•ͺ𝕖𝕀, 𝕒π•₯ π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ 𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•€π•™ π•₯𝕠 π•£π•šπ•€π•– π•—π•£π• π•ž 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕀π•₯