Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, EndlessSummer said:

Hide contents

I hope the strings version of beautiful is on digital ? its so beautiful 

Spoiler

It definitely improved the song! :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

49 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Can someone thats not hysterical and high tell me is the album actually a new classic. Can you describe it in one sentence?

Spoiler

This is probably a controversial take, but a lot of the record—apart from a handful of songs—is like a more mellow, soft rock COCC album with mainstream soul elements (think Adele, almost). 

That’s probably as much as I can fit into a single sentence but am happy to clarify more lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, Creyk said:

IF the 3 songs are indeed youtube rips, why is that a problem for you guys? She could have easily lost the original files over the years.

Even WE have the og files lmao

1 minute ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

so do we consider The Trio the cover of the album? 

yes! I've been wondering that and I think it makes sense if we do since it's her take on the trio

and since it's an album about her story, there's no lyrics for this one just a kind of statement I guess

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

It's probably that tho

We got two different mixes for Arcadia, when it was released, so yeah

Two versions when it came out? What :wtfney:

2 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Even WE have the og files lmao

Imagine if Lana were one of the users asking for the OG links when the unreleased songs leaked :ma:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

1 minute ago, TextBook said:

Two versions when it came out? What :wtfney:

Yeah, if you pay close attention, Arcadia (MV version) is different from Arcadia (streaming version). The alternate video had the latter version.

The first one, (MV version) is actually more stripped, more piano-driven, doesn't have the horns, etc.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 hours ago, Creyk said:

IF the 3 songs are indeed youtube rips, why is that a problem for you guys? She could have easily lost the original files over the years.

it's a problem because of the quality. there's a clear difference from 128, 198, 254, 320kbps and wav/flac/mp4 files. If the whole album is going to be released in wav format on cd, why wouldn't we want a constant bit rate for every song and have them sound cohesive rather gritty?

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Tulsa Jesus Freak and White Dress were recorded during the “Blue Banisters” sessions. You can’t change my mind

white dress NEEDED TO BE the opener and who disagree is WRONG, end of discussion.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

1 minute ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

Wait so is there two versions of Blue Banisters(the album)?

Yes.

Blue Banisters (arcadialovesong2018 Version) & Blue Banisters (lustforlife Version) :smile2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

It's so beautiful :defeated:WOW it literally started raining right as I pushed play but I decided to sit where I was for the whole album (it started pouring during Dealer LOL) and it was such an amazing experience!!! Speechless :crying4::crying4::wowcry::wowcry:

Spoiler
  • The first three tracks are obvious masterpieces. I literally started bawling during Blue Banisters even though I've heard it 100 times. All 3 songs work perfectly together to open the album.
  • I can't believe people don't think The Trio fits the album, it is PERFECT. After the first 3 dreamy emotional tracks it absolutely demands your attention and says FOCUS BITCH with this trippy dark undertone, and then the rest of the album subtly hints at this sound in different ways. I think it is a crucial and amazing moment
  • Black Bathing Suit is mindblowing I can't process it's perfection yet but I know that I am OBSESSED it's unhinged for sure in the best way
  • Lie Down Next To Me an instant classic song, just spectacular in every single well. It would've fit beautifully on Chemtrails, but it's absolutely at home here.
  • Beautiful is gorgeousss, it really hit hard the second time especially. Simple yet stunning. The Love Song of this album, but deeper and darker and more beautiful.
  • Violet For Roses is so good too, it's gorgeous. Maybe my least favourite of the new songs but that doesn't mean much I'm still blown away by it and know that I'll keep falling more in love with it as I hear it
  • Dealer is as amazing as ever and fits soooo well
  • Thunder's new production is gorgeous!!! This song is such a great vibe
  • The unreleased songs are so beautiful and fitting. It might take some time to stop thinking of them as the leaked songs that I've heard so many times but I know that will happen overtime. I kinda wish she did add a bit of the dreamier undertones of Drew Erickson's production under Living Legend and Cherry Blossom, but it's hard to say because I'm obviously too familar with them. Nectar of the Gods however was absolutely perfect to leave as is.
  • Sweet Carolina OMG what a gorgeous ending :rollin:I could not stop smiling, it's perfection truly

:cryney2::cryney2::cryney2:

Spoiler

:cryney2::hype: