Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, Yosemite said:

Nah, I'm afraid to say she's put crack on that one.

It's just- 

Spoiler

the HORNS at the end ugh something i've been wanting more of since HM-era sax dream...it really takes the song to a whole other level and was so unexpected!

btw the only songs i think would've fit seamlessly on COCC:

Spoiler

sweet carolina (seriously, can't you hear it coming after for free–or in place of it :oic3:) & to a lesser extent violets for roses (the strings aren't very COCC-y)

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

Is it just me or does it seem like she's comparing herself to her mother on the 2nd verse of bbs...

Promise you it's not 'cause of you that I'm mean
It's my afterthoughts
And what I never said, why there's a price on my head
It's nothing to do with them, it's my karmic lineage
So I'm not friends with my mother but still love my dad

Like she's destined to be unlikable to everyone (her boyfriends, the public & critics) because her karmic lineage is to be like her mother, and her mother is apparently mean/unlikable.

That's just my take though, idk!

3 minutes ago, slenderpup said:
  Hide contents

Is it just me or does it seem like she's comparing herself to her mother on the 2nd verse of bbs...

It's my afterthoughts

Like she's destined to be unlikable to everyone (her boyfriends, the public & critics) because her karmic lineage is to be like her mother, and her mother is apparently mean/unlikable.

That’s how I interpreted it, too.

Consider songs like Text Book, Arcadia, BBS, Beautiful, the mask line in VFR, Dealer, the second verse of Sweet Carolina… there’s a definite “I don’t give half a fraction of a fuck” energy throughout the album, in a good way. It feels like raw, unfiltered Lana incorporated into the music she wants to be making, even if some people find it boring or safe. There’s a slight… unhinged energy to it all, which I’ve always loved, but feels especially potent here.

3 minutes ago, slenderpup said:
  Hide contents

It's my afterthoughts

Spoiler

And also I just thought of this... it's kind of every girl's dread that they become like their mother. Like I'm almost 32 and the last two years-ish I've found myself becoming more and more like my mom. And it gives me a bit of an inward cringe, not because she's an awful person cause I adore my mom, but she has difficult characteristics about her that are annoying to deal with but I see myself slide into those at times and it's like omg yikes, lol.

So I can't imagine Lana examining herself and thinking "yuck maybe I'm too much like Patty and that's why people hate me and I'm still not married" (no shade to Lana but I wouldn't doubt if she's ruthless to herself sometimes like we all do)

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

That’s how I interpreted it, too.

Consider songs like Text Book, Arcadia, BBS, Beautiful, the mask line in VFR, Dealer, the second verse of Sweet Carolina… there’s a definite “I don’t give half a fraction of a fuck” energy throughout the album, in a good way. It feels like raw, unfiltered Lana incorporated into the music she wants to be making, even if some people find it boring or safe. There’s a slight… unhinged energy to it all, which I’ve always loved, but feels especially potent here.

Spoiler

Omg that's the perfect way to describe this album as a whole, unhinged!! 

6 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

:rip: The Good Life

turns out The Good Life ain't so good :thumb2:

1 minute ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

I will say it again it’s a SOFT-ALBUM perfect to have it on vinyl :aw:

idk if i want the Target CD or Vinyl for the alt cover and/or bonus tracks

i think the Target cover would look better on a CD and the Tex & Mex artwork would look amazing on LP :trisha:

plus if theres a target bonus track i can rip it in WAV from the CD x

Spoiler

This album is so dark and sad but also so hilarious and joyful. What a fucking RIDE through her mind, she is a genius. There is literally no doubt about it to me that she's the greatest artist of all time, in any medium. I felt that way long before this album of course, but this just once again really cements it in yet another new way.

:true:

6 minutes ago, RELIGION said:

are there any rumors or anything about why lana and her mom don't have a good relationship?

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thunder is better now 

i like how the demo version opens tho :trisha:

1 minute ago, uvbabe said:

Is the l*** hq or lq?

Spoiler

is messy lq but everyone is pretending to be hq 

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Spoiler

btw knowing the BBS was prob recorded most recently i hope she gets into this sound more– love that in both TB and BBS we get this big sonic shifts from section to section, which is obvs an evolution of her exploring that on DBJAG & DTWD

aOaIzH2.gif