Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just randomly coming back on here to say....

Spoiler

OMG THUNDER SOUNDS TEN TIMES BETTER JUST WITH WHAT SHES DONE WITH THE BEGINNING.

I heard Dealer ages ago and didn't think much but now I LOVEEE IT !!

IYLDWM is so so so good omg i love it so much. Blue Banisters tbh is one of her best post-honeymoon projects. It has that nostalgic sound too kinda like black beauty, fine china, yes to heaven....ABSOLUTE CHEFS KISSSSS

Trying to conceptualize the exact versions of the songs we have. Let me know if I'm missing anything?

Spoiler

1. Text Book (Album version - 5:03)

1. Text Book (Single version - 5:04)

2. Blue Banisters (Album version - 4:52)

2. Blue Banisters (Single version - 4:53)

3. Arcadia (Released mix - 4:23)

3. Arcadia (YouTube mix - 4:23)

4. Interlude - The Trio (1:16)

5. Black Bathing Suit (5:18)

6. If You Lie Down with Me (4:25)

7. Beautiful (No strings version - 3:36)

7. Beautiful (Strings version - 3:54)

8. Violets for Roses (4:15)

9. Dealer (4:34)

10. Thunder (Album version - 4:19)

10. Thunder (Mix 4 - 4:30)

11. Wildflower Wildfire (Album version - 4:46)

11. Wildflower Wildfire (Single version - 4:47)

12. Nectar of the Gods (Album version - 4:20) We also have the song's full stem pack

12. Nectar of the Gods (Unmastered version - 4:24)

13. Living Legend (Album version - 4:01) We also have two vocal stems from the song

13. Living Legend (Unmastered version - 4:04)

13. Living Legend (Alternate mix - 4:07)

14. Cherry Blossom (Album version [aka Take 3] - 3:18) We also have the song's full stem pack

14. Cherry Blossom (Unmastered version [aka Take 3] - 3:17)

14. Cherry Blossom (Take 1 - 3:14)

14. Cherry Blossom (Take 2 - 3:16)

15. Sweet Carolina (3:24)

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

Spoiler

going through one of the hardest break ups of my life (still) even though he reached out to me today after 3 months, so a rollercoater of emotions for me .. i just listened to the full album while stoned and watching this video 

This is probably one of her best albums, i can see myself falling so in love with it, its such an autumn rainy album, grey clouds and wet pavements, hot coffee shops, the smell of bakeries on the corner, it's sublime! my favourite tracks on first listen were arcadia, beautiful and sweet carolina! vfr and iyldwm are growers right now for me... dealer, the trio and black bathing suit left a slap mark on my ass... they're so intriguing and powerful, and kinda turn me on

i LOVE the fact that she kept nectar of the gods completely the same, living legend was still legendary, i liked the retouched piano, cherry blossom remains boring even after the 746583rd version of it... and of course thunder is much better than the demo but still a little mehh for me, i think it'll always be a bland song to me idk why..

overall, magnum opus! it's definitely a part of the holy trinity against ultravolence and honeymoon... each are incredibly creative, introspective and form their own worlds

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I have zero idea what to expect from critics this time around. I’m hoping for another critically acclaimed album, a little higher than COCC’s 81, but we’ll see. 

The only thing guaranteed is 3 stars from Alexis Peditris.

Spoiler

The drum syncopation on Black Bathing Suit is very strange. The melody is like this very straight forward pop melody and then the drums are like this jazzy abstract break beat thing that just sounds broken and jittery. The drums are definitely very complicated, but I can’t tell if they are right or not. Something sounds off about them and I can’t tell if it’s some perfectly imperfect drum pattern that will eventually click for me, or if it’s just complex but sloppy. I think I need more listens to determine if I these are very advanced and precise polyrhythms, or if the rhythm is actually off. What does everyone think?

1 minute ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

fantano is going to clown the shit out of her vocals on this record lmao. (looking at u BBS). idc she's an icon for it

Her vocals have been the highlight for me on the past two records! I love the more experimental, raw vocals on songs like White Dress 

Spoiler

and Dealer. And the background vocals on Black Bathing Suit! 

I’m so ducking exhausted of not finding a CD rip quality download

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

3 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:
  Hide contents

The drum syncopation on Black Bathing Suit is very strange. The melody is like this very straight forward pop melody and then the drums are like this jazzy abstract break beat thing that just sounds broken and jittery. The drums are definitely very complicated, but I can’t tell if they are right or not. Something sounds off about them and I can’t tell if it’s some perfectly imperfect drum pattern that will eventually click for me, or if it’s just complex but sloppy. I think I need more listens to determine if I these are very advanced and precise polyrhythms, or if the rhythm is actually off. What does everyone think?

Spoiler

im definitely trying to digest this one a lot, theres a huge universe of elements, since the rythm lyrics, melody also the sound effects, it starts with crows and ends with sweeping broken dishes

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

6 minutes ago, GetFree said:

I’m so ducking exhausted of not finding a CD rip quality download

Tell me about it, I’ve been running on and on all day with a hope

Checking in on LanaBoards while I’m on holiday to see that BB leaked.. :awkney: thank u to my poor mods who are working overtime while I guiltily frolic around New York skkk x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS