Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Spoiler

The horns in the If You Lie Down With Me outro remind me of the Hollywood's Dead bridge, very old Hollywood-esque. I love it :wub:

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:
Spoiler

The drum syncopation on Black Bathing Suit is very strange. The melody is like this very straight forward pop melody and then the drums are like this jazzy abstract break beat thing that just sounds broken and jittery. The drums are definitely very complicated, but I can’t tell if they are right or not. Something sounds off about them and I can’t tell if it’s some perfectly imperfect drum pattern that will eventually click for me, or if it’s just complex but sloppy. I think I need more listens to determine if I these are very advanced and precise polyrhythms, or if the rhythm is actually off. What does everyone think?

Spoiler

(I dunno of this is exactly what ur asking but) I think It sounds off because the verses and chorus are completely different melodies than each other, and the post-chorus is an entirely different tempo than both. it's like 3 ideas for different songs mashed together into one. It's very, very experimental but certainly an intriguing approach. Personally, I like it. Text Book is the same way. The chorus is an entirely different tempo than the verses.

Something thats really interesting ab this project is the way a lot of the songs are written, it's not always clear what is a verse, pre-chorus, post-chorus, or hook. It's part of the reason I think that this record sounds so different than her previous work, along with the quirky, experimental production.

I'd love to know what her thought process was in making this record, maybe part of this project being sort of "unpolished" sounding in comparison to other albums is breaking out of expectations and industry-imposed standards.

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Spoiler

Finally got to listen to the whole thing. I don't feel able to make a coherent judgemenr yet about it, but some early ideas:

-The album is chaotic and beautiful. Definetly her most experimental yet.

-A full-on effort to push her artistic boundaries after playing it somehow safe on her last projects.

-Not all of it works perfectly at first listen; all of it sounds honest to the core.

-Strong influences from jazz and jams. Reminds sometimes of Fiona Apple.

-Highly poetic. Beautifully mixed. Quite evocative, not explicit sound-wise.

-Following the trail of some previous efforts such as Cruel World or White Dress in terms of the spots it touches.

-Weird, uncomfortable to listen at times and quite unexpected. Finally out of comfort zone. 

Loving her hugely after this. And aiming to get to know deeper this treasure. Hope you all are enjoying it too <3

3 hours ago, Thunder said:

Hide contents

I know we've had Nectar of the Gods for years, but it really is such an incredible song and it sounds remastered to me. So much more crisp and beautiful.

"What cruel world is this, nectar of the gods / Heroin gold in my veins, and you in my thoughts" is one of her strongest lyrics ever.

TASTE

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I definitely need the tea on both Arcadia (MV Version) and

Spoiler

Beautiful (Strings Version)

bc I wanna name them properly ig, and slap them on an alternate BB (for demos/outtakes/alternates)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Spoiler

not going to listen but I played like very small amounts of a few tracks. the violins on thunder and piano intro on sweet Carolina is holy shit good. 

iyldwm reminds me of aka+uv, the lyrics reference her unreleased a lot "dance me around the room" "spin me like a ballerina", the fourth of July. 

the instrumentals on iyldwm remind me of old Disney/hollywood I genuinely love the direction she took on this record.  

wait a second the horns at the end of iyldwm are amazing and nostalgic. its so different from what she does but also not?

Spoiler

BBS was totally ruined because of the production, imo. The bridge is HIDEOUS, but the rest of the song is stunning.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 hours ago, Nectar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe fake but I'll post anyway

89b9c0060d94be5110fd7803f79578ba.png

Wow. That's gorgeous. That should have been the way they did it. They cut off too much of the photo.

Spoiler

sweet carolina is so niche it's hilarious. one second she's being so poetic - "i'll always be right here / closer to you than you're next breath dear" and then she's talking nonsense - "you name your babe lilac heaven / after your iphone 11 / crypto forever screams your stupid bf / fuck you kevin" like whet

the bitch rlly does contain multitudes

2 hours ago, Nikkiofthelane said:

My thoughts and prayers are with patty right

now

lana-del-rey-pout.gif

I think things are going well though because Charlie posted a photo today of Patty with the baby. It's in his stories.

5 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:
Spoiler

BBS was totally ruined because of the production, imo. The bridge is HIDEOUS, but the rest of the song is stunning.

Spoiler

MAMME ME WHEN YEW GET THE blEEUuuS *crackling and random tambourine noises*

Well, I got stuck in this chaos for a while... 

Spoiler

... Black Bathing Suit

I like this "unbalanced and messy" energy that the song evokes. lol  :oic3:

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

FULL ALTERNATIVE PROFILE LANA ALBUM COVER PICTURE (bad quality):

Reveal hidden contents

Imagem
IT'S SO FUCKING PRETTY OMG

That's terrible. No offense to Chuck and the dancer but no. Lana alone with that pose would have been lovely.