Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:
  Hide contents

going through one of the hardest break ups of my life (still) even though he reached out to me today after 3 months, so a rollercoater of emotions for me .. i just listened to the full album while stoned and watching this video 

This is probably one of her best albums, i can see myself falling so in love with it, its such an autumn rainy album, grey clouds and wet pavements, hot coffee shops, the smell of bakeries on the corner, it's sublime! my favourite tracks on first listen were arcadia, beautiful and sweet carolina! vfr and iyldwm are growers right now for me... dealer, the trio and black bathing suit left a slap mark on my ass... they're so intriguing and powerful, and kinda turn me on

i LOVE the fact that she kept nectar of the gods completely the same, living legend was still legendary, i liked the retouched piano, cherry blossom remains boring even after the 746583rd version of it... and of course thunder is much better than the demo but still a little mehh for me, i think it'll always be a bland song to me idk why..

overall, magnum opus! it's definitely a part of the holy trinity against ultravolence and honeymoon... each are incredibly creative, introspective and form their own worlds

Spoiler

im so proud i can agree with you on beautiful....that's thee song. thee mission statement of her career with get free and yosemite.... whew

Spoiler

My thoughts:

My favorites are Black Bathing Suit (I fucking love the production), Sweet Carolina (so sweet and touching, it made me cry when I looked up the lyrics cause I didn’t really get much at first), of course still Wildflower Wildfire and maybe unpopular opinion but I LOVE the interlude.

All in all, I have to say I’m glad she is using her screaming voice more than what we’re used to.

I don’t have an exact ranking and I don’t know the other singles and the unreleased songs would be positioned but I have to say Living Legend is a bit of a filler track imo, not that great. I’m disappointed that Nectar of the Gods didn’t get a fuller production, it would have been amazing. Cherry Blossom has always been one of my favorite unreleaseds, it deserved to be on this album and it fits but it doesn’t really stand out much.

If You Lie Down With Me is really cool, reminds me of UV album and Lizzy stuff. Thunder is amazing with the new instrumental, glad she updated it. 

I love the piano in Beautiful but the rest is a bit meh, also Violets for Roses quite boring. 

I have mixed feelings about Dealer… one time I’m vibing with it, it makes perfect sense but then I think it sounds weird and out of place and it would be better to have included Unidentified Flying Bill instead (as track 10 and Thunder as 9)

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What genre is the album?

Same , we’ve got this 

yes !!! no judgement to anyone listening i get it but I've never listened to one of her official album leaks before so I just feel like I shouldn't start now lol 

I can't believe I now have to make my Blue Banisters demo/outtake album already. I'm gonna have to move leaked versions of Living Legend, Thunder, and Cherry Blossom over there

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

i was wondering, DO REALLY bbs have 7 min length the album?? like we always knew that information, is this showed on apple music?

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Spoiler

Ok so i’ve seen a lot of discourse regarding Black Bathing Suit and i just want to say it is easily one of her best songs.

You guys seem to have a lot of issues with the drums and idk if it’s bc i listen to a lot of experimental music (like Arca for example) but the drums sound so phenomenal and unique to me. They sound different with every listen. They perfectly showcase what the song has to offer. 

Also her voice in the bridge part of the song was such a good choice. I’m so glad she decided to just start screaming and that she left that one really raw cut of “mail me if you get the blues” in the track. No other musician at her level of fame is brave enough to release something like that.

Im having trouble understanding why so many people don’t like it….it’s easily my fave off this album

Spoiler

'IILDWY' is like a mix between 'Text Book', 'California', 'COCC' and a subtle hint of 'Get Free'. Love the vibe in there.

1 minute ago, Dark But Just A Game said:
  Hide contents

Ok so i’ve seen a lot of discourse regarding Black Bathing Suit and i just want to say it is easily one of her best songs.

You guys seem to have a lot of issues with the drums and idk if it’s bc i listen to a lot of experimental music (like Arca for example) but the drums sound so phenomenal and unique to me. They sound different with every listen. They perfectly showcase what the song has to offer. 

Also her voice in the bridge part of the song was such a good choice. I’m so glad she decided to just start screaming and that she left that one really raw cut of “mail me if you get the blues” in the track. No other musician at her level of fame is brave enough to release something like that.

Im having trouble understanding why so many people don’t like it….it’s easily my fave off this album

Spoiler

I wholeheartedly agree with all this!! The experimental drums are my kind of sound, though, so maybe it’s because I’m used to it. I think it sounds amazing and something I never knew I needed from Lana until hearing it!

I’ve listened to it several times today and

Spoiler

This is album is so beautiful. I’m really blown away. Vocals, production, vibe, she nails it. 

Instant Favorites: Wildflower Wildfire, Blue Banisters, Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit, Thunder, Nectar of the Gods, Sweet Carolina

Dealer took a few listens. At first I was very confused but now I’m obsessed.

Beautiful is okay, I need to listen to it more.

I love Violets for Roses, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom, and The Trio.

Text Book is good. The Black Lives Matter line still throws me.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

1 minute ago, Vanilla Icy said:
  Hide contents

bbs is cool but i cant understand half of what she’s saying in it :awkney:

Spoiler

I must say that while I like the song, I think the mixing is terrible—especially in the tempo shift sections of the song. :awkney:

Spoiler

The second verse of Sweet Carolina may actually be some of the worst lyrics I’ve heard/read tbh. The rest of the lyrics of the song are fine and the melody/piano is beautiful and I know it’s probably a very personal song to Lana but oh my god that verse feels like she just gave up. I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry

whatarecoloris.jpg

3 minutes ago, shadesofdealer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The second verse of Sweet Carolina may actually be some of the worst lyrics I’ve heard/read tbh. The rest of the lyrics of the song are fine and the melody/piano is beautiful and I know it’s probably a very personal song to Lana but oh my god that verse feels like she just gave up. I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry

Spoiler

i somewhat agree, i understand the song means a lot to her and it's a very sweet message, but lyrically it's definitely not my favorite :awkney:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Spoiler

After hearing all of the songs, giving Black Bathing Suit a video would make it an even better song and would add so much to it. I'm still on team Make Thunder A Single as well

imageproxy.jpg