Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

As much as I love having the older 2013/2014 songs officially, I do wish we'd gotten more new material. Between Chemtrails and Blue Banisters there's some amazing tracks that could quite honestly make a real eclectic and exciting Lana album.

In no particular order but these songs curated would be an amazing body of work... 

Spoiler

Arcadia

Beautiful 

Black Bathing Suit

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Dark But Just A Game

Dealer 

If You Lie Down With Me 

Let Me Love You Like A Woman 

Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

Thunder 

Tulsa Jesus Freak

White Dress

Wild At Heart

Violets For Roses

Spoiler

no hate the album is cute but theres no track on it that id consider to be a new Top 5 or even Top 10 track from Lanze's discography. its very consistently cute throughout but the highs just arent that high 

image.png

On 10/16/2021 at 11:41 AM, Alison by Slowdive said:

manifesting it's not arcadia - it's just not the most accessible and commercial track and i want her to make the most of this promotional opportunity lol - manifesting she performs either thunder or living legend :wipe: or both :oprah4:

I think i’d die :oprah4: 

manifesting it :legend:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

Thunder is still one of her best songs, however

Spoiler

I consider the rework a huge downgrade. That build-up was not worth stripping all the momentum off the first verse and chorus. If the drums and backing would at least kick in for the first chorus it would be better, but the way they come in just in time for verse 2 is super underwhelming and the first chorus sounds extremely hollow now. I'm also shocked at how gravely underused those heavenly background singers are for the bridge and climax. 

The song is still good but I don't understand why she is so obsessed with sucking the life out of perfectly fine tunes

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Spoiler

I went for an hour long car drive last night and tried to empty my mind any thoughts I had about the album. I feel comfortable enough for a preliminary ranking of the songs:

1. Text Book

2. Thunder

3. If I Lie Down With You

4. Dealer

5. Black Bathing Suit

6. Blue Banisters

7. Living Legend

8. Violet for Roses

9. Wildflower Wildfire

10. The Trio - Interlude

11. Nectar of the Gods

12. Sweet Carolina

13. Cherry Blossom

14. Arcadia 

15. Beautiful

I think the album is beautiful, but like other users have pointed out already, so far it's just a cute album for me. It's thoroughly cute, but I can't say right now if the whole thing will have much replay value over time, but it's a grower for sure.

I have been listening to “If I Lie Down With You”, “Black Bathing Suit”, “Dealer” and “Thunder” nonstop. 

Lizzy really jumped out on IILDWY, and I’ve said this so many times but Dealer is really that bitch, that’s totally in my top 10 Lana songs tbh

also how can I forget Blue Banisters(song), the line “I said, ‘I’m scared of the Santa Clarita fires, I wish that it would rain’” is sung so beautifully gah, I can feel her soul in that line

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Spoiler

I was also asked by a few people about what the booklet looked like. I know the album isn't technically out everywhere, but since I legally purchased the album I decided to give this a go and scanned the whole thing:

Spoiler

ByWwy02.jpg
6twFvkD.jpg

tchnp6y.jpg

xFhWcl1.jpg
BBWxP3m.jpg

SJMzZ7U.jpg
AZ6LePU.jpg

Spoiler

Credits:

Spoiler

K0WrlwF.jpg

Just now, West Coast said:
  Hide contents

I was also asked by a few people about what the booklet looked like. I know the album isn't technically out everywhere, but since I legally purchased the album I decided to give this a go. I scanned the whole thing:

Hide contents

ByWwy02.jpg
6twFvkD.jpg

xFhWcl1.jpg
BBWxP3m.jpg

SJMzZ7U.jpg
AZ6LePU.jpg

Hide contents

Credits:

Reveal hidden contents

K0WrlwF.jpg

I KNEW IT WAS CHICKENS RUNNING BARE FEET

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Spoiler

Not her using random screenshots & already posted online photos for actual booklet when she literally has neil krug's photoshoot on her sleeve :lange:

That "White Dress" mv screenshot, i-

6 minutes ago, West Coast said:
  Hide contents

I was also asked by a few people about what the booklet looked like. I know the album isn't technically out everywhere, but since I legally purchased the album I decided to give this a go and scanned the whole thing:

Hide contents

ByWwy02.jpg
6twFvkD.jpg

xFhWcl1.jpg
BBWxP3m.jpg

SJMzZ7U.jpg
AZ6LePU.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Credits:

Reveal hidden contents

K0WrlwF.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Spoiler

after listening to the new songs multiple times…. i have to say that these songs dont reflect lanas best writing. i think the melodys n production are absolutely genius but “grenadine quarantine i like you a lot…. if this is the end i want a boyfriend to eat ice cream with and watch television” and “the girls are running round in summer dresses with their masks off and it makes me so happy” and “dont tell me to be glad when im sad i really hate that” and “babe lilac heaven after your iphone 11, crypto forever screams your stupid boyfriend” …. idk if its just me but it sounds so “beginner” lana is an amazing writer so this is disappointing to me. dont get me wrong, its not ALL the lyrics, there really are some amazing lyrics on the new songs we got but i find myself cringing quite a lot n its upsetting. 

about the lyrics on the new songs:

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:
  Hide contents

after listening to the new songs multiple times…. i have to say that these songs dont reflect lanas best writing. i think the melodys n production are absolutely genius but “grenadine quarantine i like you a lot…. if this is the end i want a boyfriend to eat ice cream with and watch television” and “the girls are running round in summer dresses with their masks off and it makes me so happy” and “dont tell me to be glad when im sad i really hate that” and “babe lilac heaven after your iphone 11, crypto forever screams your stupid boyfriend” …. idk if its just me but it sounds so “beginner” lana is an amazing writer so this is disappointing to me. dont get me wrong, its not ALL the lyrics, there really are some amazing lyrics on the new songs we got but i find myself cringing quite a lot n its upsetting. 

about the lyrics on the new songs:

Spoiler

the crypto forever line is one of my favorite lines ❤️ as far as i can tell shes already envisioning the stupid and cute shit her niece will do and what their normal life as a family will look like. i thought it was sweet