Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I haven’t heard any of the songs yet, I’m waiting till Friday but I have a question for those who have 

Spoiler

What’s the song that has the mask lyric? I read someone said it was cringe I wanna read it

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Just now, CmonDownToFL said:

I haven’t heard any of the songs yet, I’m waiting till Friday but I have a question for those who have 

Reveal hidden contents

What’s the song that has the mask lyric? I read someone said it was cringe I wanna read it

Spoiler

Violets for Roses

i feel like the trio is the best track on the album tbh :true:

jk but still i love it as an interlude loooool

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Hide contents

Violets for roses.. not cringe at all imo

Hide contents

Violets

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Hide contents

I believe it was either Beautiful or Violet for Roses

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

22 minutes ago, 111 said:
  Hide contents

Dealer is the worst song on the album as I said before. It sounds off and wrong in every way possible. There's no describing how lazy and karaoke like moment it is that did not deserve to see the light of day.

Nectar Of The Gods also didn't need to be here. I love that song, but it's a random love song reminiscent of her early Lana days that just doesn't really represent what this album is aiming to be.

Spoiler

'Dealer' has to sound that way on purpose. I agree it sounds spontaneous and amateurish, but perhaps they did it in one quick take, or several fast takes, and Lana decided she liked just as it is. I would have preferred a fuller, more 'professional' take on the song.   

16 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I don't wanna admit this but 

Hide contents

BBS and IYLD sounds like Taylor songs

This is so funny because I had the same thought… something about those chorus melodies are so Taylor. Specifically the “Let me show them how had girls do” part of BBS and “once, twice, three times the guy” from IYLDWM. The chorus of Beautiful also sounds Taylor-esque to me. 

I do think though that a part of why we think this is because Taylor’s writing is so Lana inspired for the last 10 years

And why is the mask like cringe? She's just stating how happy she is about quarentine and covid starting to end

:rip: y'all will find the smallest things to complain about is2g...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

1 minute ago, meth daytona said:

a solid 1/10

she really said "shake your ass a lil bit" she did it for the gays

giphy.gif

Just now, CmonDownToFL said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

"the girls are running round in summer dresses with their masks off" - i love it - it literally feels like she's painting a medieval village celebratory folk dancing scene lol esp with the melody

mUENGN9.png

Just now, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Hide contents

I believe it was either Beautiful or Violet for Roses

Spoiler

Violets for Roses. It just casually references the time we're living in. I don't think it's cringey. The line about taking the pink of her toes is far worse, and I can live with that too. 

Just now, White Dress said:

This is so funny because I had the same thought… something about those chorus melodies are so Taylor. Specifically the “Let me show them how had girls do” part of BBS and “once, twice, three times the guy” from IYLDWM. The chorus of Beautiful also sounds Taylor-esque to me. 

I do think though that a part of why we think this is because Taylor’s writing is so Lana inspired for the last 10 years

THIS PART!!!!!

Yeah that's most likely why. it sounds like a lot of how Lana has written in the past, but upon first listen i immediately thought of Taylor lol 

giphy.gif

Just now, Cacciatore said:

Hide contents

And why is the mask like cringe? She's just stating how happy she is about quarentine and covid starting to end

:rip: y'all will find the smallest things to complain about is2g...

Not cringe at all! She's emphasizing a feeling of freeness that summer brings after a winter of heartache and sadness in quarantine.

13 minutes ago, 111 said:

What's there to understand about yet another ballad of her losing her way and being wild about some guy? This album explores her family, friends and personal relationships in the most defiant way, there's so much strength behind the lyrics, she is reclaiming her power and NOTG stands out in a weird way for being another "oh no i lost myself cause of you" (and I'm saying this as someone who really loves the song).

"Ever since I fell out of love with you I felt back in love with me"

""If hello just means goodbye then honey, better walk away"

Wildflower Wildfire (a song about womanhood, femininity, fragility)

NOTG (???)

Living Legend (a song for a family friend Jane that she loves)

Cherry Blossom (a lullaby for a future daughter)

Sweet Caroline (a song for her sister)

And not all of you quoting me and can't even engage in any meaningful conversation. :toofunny:

hey thanks for the shoes

:) 

giphy.gif

Finally been able to write down what I think about BB and… 

Spoiler

Fuck this is a solid album!!! Easily top 3 of her discography. 
Instant love for If You Lie Down With Me (those horns!!!! Sounds like a 30s song with that outro), Dealer (that one and The Trio are good choices to spice things up a little) and the reworked Thunder (it’s so much more emotional with those violins). Black Bathing Suit is very complex, same level as TextBook, and it’s a good thing it’s If This Is the End / Grenadine Quarantine because it’s not what I had expected at first. Sweet Carolina is cute but doesn’t dethrone Hope as her best closer IMO. Beautiful and Violets for Roses have instantly memorable melodies and are both so incredible as well. 
i have yet to hear the album with good headphones, but the unchanged unreleased don’t sound that off like some said (maybe the leaks were cheap YouTube rips but not the CD?)
i thought it would be more a spring album, but it fits super well in fall. Chemtrails should have ended up like BB but it complements the new album very well. 

Spoiler

BBS’s post-chorus “bad girl” part is also a melodic reference to Video Games, compare “open up a beer and you take it over here”’s phrasing to “you said I was bad lemme show you how bad girls do”