Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

The only line that sounds kinda "cringe" to me is the Toyota Land Rover mess in Arcadia but even that isn't enough to take the song down from GOD TIER 

:nails:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

24 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Finally been able to write down what I think about BB and… 

Hide contents

Fuck this is a solid album!!! Easily top 3 of her discography. 
Instant love for If You Lie Down With Me (those horns!!!! Sounds like a 30s song with that outro), Dealer (that one and The Trio are good choices to spice things up a little) and the reworked Thunder (it’s so much more emotional with those violins). Black Bathing Suit is very complex, same level as TextBook, and it’s a good thing it’s If This Is the End / Grenadine Quarantine because it’s not what I had expected at first. Sweet Carolina is cute but doesn’t dethrone Hope as her best closer IMO. Beautiful and Violets for Roses have instantly memorable melodies and are both so incredible as well. 
i have yet to hear the album with good headphones, but the unchanged unreleased don’t sound that off like some said (maybe the leaks were cheap YouTube rips but not the CD?)
i thought it would be more a spring album, but it fits super well in fall. Chemtrails should have ended up like BB but it complements the new album very well. 

The outro of IYLDWM is what makes it a 5/5 to me. A few parts of the album (piano playing & the horns for instance) give me this feeling of instruments being recorded inside the halls of a family house or smthn it's hard to describe but touching

11 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Very happy that Nectar of the Gods is on Blue Banisters actually. We could've went more years without knowing the official title if it weren't for her releasing it :gtfo:

Yeah! And to hear those harmonies in HQ is a dream come true! I have been blessed with this album: it included my two fave unreleased (Nectar and Thunder), plus

Spoiler

If This Is The End, which is Black Bathing Suit. I love this woman. 

39 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:
  Hide contents

omg i was actually thinking beautiful and a littleeeeeeee bit of violets for roses sounded like taylor lyrics, def not bbs and iyld though!!

Beautiful did give me slight Adele and Taylor vibes as well. The question is who or what came first, the egg or the chicken so to speak lol. 

As previously mentioned Lana has heavily inspired many current artists. So when we hear a Lana song and think of another artist is that truly the other artists impact or Lana’s herself lol. Just fun and crazy to think about. We love stanning a  modern/contemporary legend. 

damn i remember after cocc leaked people were having meltdowns on how boring and bland it is,  but when bb did everyone is saying it’s one of her best?! i’m so excited for friday!! i fear bbs is gonna be my fav new song

1 minute ago, Gothicula said:

damn i remember after cocc leaked people were having meltdowns on how boring and bland it is,  but when bb did everyone is saying it’s one of her best?! i’m so excited for friday!! i fear bbs is gonna be my fav new song

The superior album won me fears :nails:

12 minutes ago, DLT said:

Beautiful did give me slight Adele and Taylor vibes as well. The question is who or what came first, the egg or the chicken lol.

I don't know adele or taylor's music at all but the impression i got from beautiful which might be in the same wavelength is it's exactly the kind of song titled "beautiful" i'd expect from lana lol, very much how I felt in 2015 hearing "eyes of blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue blue sun reflecting in your eyes" (freak) for the first time 

Her voice does have this updated sound in that her melodies are fresh / structured differently w this album, at least on the new tracks, so overall things appear to be progressing / maturing

35 minutes ago, 111 said:
  Hide contents

Dealer is the worst song on the album as I said before. It sounds off and wrong in every way possible. There's no describing how lazy and karaoke like moment it is that did not deserve to see the light of day.

Nectar Of The Gods also didn't need to be here. I love that song, but it's a random love song reminiscent of her early Lana days that just doesn't really represent what this album is aiming to be.

Spoiler

To me, The Trio and Dealer are a nice touch to spice things up a little. I really love Dealer but do have to agree with you that it’s not as lyrically strong as the rest of the album (this could be her best lyrically). Nectar of the Gods, well I just love that song so much, but maybe I’ll find that it wasn’t perfect for BB. But hey, who knows if she’ll stay in good terms with Barrie and maybe this was her chance of giving all their songs they did together, just in case :thumb3:

Did BOZ ever say what exactly it was that made him say "I can't believe she's doing this"? I wanna know now that I've heard the album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I was listening to Arcadia earlier today while doing my morning routine and then The Trio came in and it just took me over, I really appreciate that moment on the album tbh :beyonce:

Only listened to the full album twice (and Thunder loads of times since) and this album is already up there with UV & Honeymoon for me

I'll try to resist listening to it again until Friday and see what my full thoughts are then

8 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

I do find that Chemtrails was incredible but is a bit unfinished in comparison (not that it needed much more: just one or two sexy songs like Tulsa Jesus Freak, and it would be perfect). BB is a good companion to Chemtrails, although it’s more complex and surely more diverse. Zach and his team are genius, and thank God for her reconciliation with Barrie!

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, 111 said:

What's there to understand about yet another ballad of her losing her way and being wild about some guy? This album explores her family, friends and personal relationships in the most defiant way, there's so much strength behind the lyrics, she is reclaiming her power and NOTG stands out in a weird way for being another "oh no i lost myself cause of you" (and I'm saying this as someone who really loves the song).

"Ever since I fell out of love with you I felt back in love with me"

""If hello just means goodbye then honey, better walk away"

Wildflower Wildfire (a song about womanhood, femininity, fragility)

NOTG (???)

Living Legend (a song for a family friend Jane that she loves)

Cherry Blossom (a lullaby for a future daughter)

Sweet Caroline (a song for her sister)

And not all of you quoting me and can't even engage in any meaningful conversation. :toofunny:

Spoiler

Okay, I agree with you that NOTG seems out of place. BUT I don't think it's a bad fit tracklisting wise. WW goes from her singing about her emotions and how rapidly they can intensify and spread, affecting the people around her but her man is helping her control them (my interpretation). NOTG is the same. Nectar of the Gods was said to be so sweet that it burned, she's very clearly talking about how wild she gets. But there's also the theme of her just not caring anymore? Like, "I just get high" etc.. 

So, the way I see it is WW - song about the relationship with the man. She's completely intense, her emotions are like a wildfire and the wind is spreading her wildfire rapidly. He's helping her control them, she's finally feeling comfortable. NOTG - song about the relationship ending with the man, she's reminiscing about it. She feels lost. LL - song about Jane, she's focusing on more important things that she can channel her thoughts and emotions into. CB & SC are a continuation of that sentiment.

This is just my interpretation of why she might have created the tracklist in this way, since I was a little confused by NOTG's placement at first too. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

18 minutes ago, freaklikeme03 said:

Do y'all think Lana will make a return to instagram/social media to promote the album? How long do y'all think she's gonna go before returning? I miss her!

Maybe she’ll post on her HM account… This era, she seems not to want to comment at all her music or announce it. 

7 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Did BOZ ever say what exactly it was that made him say "I can't believe she's doing this"? I wanna know now that I've heard the album

Yes. I think it was about putting I Can Fly or Big Eyes on the album. One of those. 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I believe it was the triple single release I think? Or was it the fact she had a bunch of unreleased songs at the time (fine china/syth/etc)

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat