Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’ve been lucky enough to have downloaded a shitty quality version of LL when it leaked and I had never clicked with it. So, to be able to discover it with the rest of BB, it fits better and I get why so many love it. It’s still not my fave because it’s very specific, but I love the vocals (I thought it was a duet with someone else) and the wawawawa at the end (by the way, LL reminds me a lot of Dance Till We Die)

It's a good song, but lyrically speaking, I don't think it quite fits with the themes of the record at all. You described it best, it is very specific, but not in the way of Blue Banisters or Sweet Carolina. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

If You Lie Down With Me appreciation post:defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

If You Lie Down With Me appreciation post:defeated:

It’s my current fave and obsession right now. Although the four songs, from Black Bathing Suit to Violets for Roses, are all gorgeous. 

21 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s my current fave and obsession right now. Although the four songs, from Black Bathing Suit to Violets for Roses, are all gorgeous. 

Agree, :defeated:the middle part of the album is absolutely stunning :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Black Bathing Suit is so interesting and different than I expected but still so good wow 

:cumming: It even sounds mildly trippy with that production and those drums.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Spoiler

If you lie down with me is a culmination of all of lana’s sounds and it’s a song that every Lana stan should be able to appreciate. 

The giddy up / whiskey breath chemtrails feels

The NFR California sounding vocals 

the la la la la la la la lie giving American/  born to die/ paradise era sounds 

The pain, the emotion, and the rock vibes of Ultraviolence.

The cinematic instrumentals at the end oozing jazzy bluesy undertones reminiscent of Honeymoon. 

There’s also something that also echoes the idea of white mustang, that yearning nostalgic sound and feeling and the hypnotic chorus of cherry.

In support of if you lie down with me :oprah3:

faSE.gif

Ok so if there’s another single what would everyone’s choice be?

Spoiler

It would have to be Black Bathing Suit or Beautiful for me. BBS has an interesting but still pleasant arrangement, it’s catchy, and all around memorable. I know she’s not really a radio artist but I can really see BBS doing well as an LDR single. I can honestly see Beautiful doing fairly well too- sonically pleasing, nice lyrics, catchy/memorable chorus; it’s much more stripped back but I don’t think that would affect its performance much honestly, especially if the version with the strings is real and the version hypothetically released as a single. 

whatarecoloris.jpg

3 is the magical number of BB:

• on May 20 three singles were released
  • the interlude is called "the Trio"
  • three songs before the interlude
  • three very special songs after it
  • we see three beings on the front cover (Lana, Tex and Mex), three on the back cover (Lana, Chuck and a cat) and three women on this Neil Krug photoshoot (Lana, Alex and Chuck)
  • there are three different CD covers and vinyl varieties (in the official store)