Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

4 hours ago, mlittle11 said:
  Hide contents

after listening to the new songs multiple times…. i have to say that these songs dont reflect lanas best writing. i think the melodys n production are absolutely genius but “grenadine quarantine i like you a lot…. if this is the end i want a boyfriend to eat ice cream with and watch television” and “the girls are running round in summer dresses with their masks off and it makes me so happy” and “dont tell me to be glad when im sad i really hate that” and “babe lilac heaven after your iphone 11, crypto forever screams your stupid boyfriend” …. idk if its just me but it sounds so “beginner” lana is an amazing writer so this is disappointing to me. dont get me wrong, its not ALL the lyrics, there really are some amazing lyrics on the new songs we got but i find myself cringing quite a lot n its upsetting. 

about the lyrics on the new songs:

Spoiler

I’ll preface this by saying I think a decent chunk of the record contains some of her best songwriting, but..

Minus the crypto lyric (it feels so intentionally ridiculous that I love it now lol), I completely agree with you. 

While there’s nothing inherently wrong with direct or cliche lyrics, I think the quantity and repetition of them was a bit off-putting at times. While a lot of this is subjective, a constant barrage of “[feeling] happy/sad/glad” can feel a bit disengaging and vague after a while. That’s why I find myself loving the melodies & production of some songs while also feeling disconnected from the lyrics (such as in Beautiful, for example). 

Again, I find some of her best lyrics are on this record, but some of my least favorite uses of lyricism from the past 4-ish years are on it as well. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

13 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

the amount of tiktoks i’ve seen today where people are calling ppl who listened to the leaks fake fans and that they’re the real fans for not listening

IVE SEEN SO MANY :icant:

:flop::flop::flop:

Spoiler

i preordered 3 vinyl variants so if i want to listen to the leak i will and  i will not feel guilty about it :smokes4:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

17 minutes ago, RainbowEyes said:

Why can't you be good for SOMETHINNNNN?!:scream:

Spoiler

NOT ONE (1) SHIRT OFF UR BAAAAACK….

1235579.jpg

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Which song’s soundscape is everyone’s favorite/most interesting track? 

Spoiler

Black Bathing Suit, definitely 

whatarecoloris.jpg

Current track ranking, obv will change w/listens.

Spoiler

Love all the songs but the ones in top half will remain in the top but may shuffle around a bit.

Blue Banisters

If You Lie Down With Me

Thunder

Text Book

Dealer

Beautiful

Black Bathing Suit

Arcadia

Sweet Carolina

Cherry Blossom

Nectar of the Gods

Living Legend

Violet for Roses

Wildflower Wildfire

violets for roses is really that bitch huh

here’s my rank 

Spoiler

If You Lie Down With Me

Violets For Roses

Wildflower Wildfire

Black Bathing Suit

Blue Banisters

Living Legend

Text Book

Arcadia

Thunder

Sweet Carolina

Nectar if the Gods

Dealer

Beautiful

Cherry Blossom (would’ve been higher if she re recorded it)

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Which song’s production is everyone’s favorite/most interesting track? 

The ambiance of Blue Banisters, the way the piano carefully constructs Sweet Carolina into a mesmerizing  and meandering lullaby, and the build up of Thunder

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

13 minutes ago, Hannus said:

:flop::flop::flop:

Hide contents

i preordered 3 vinyl variants so if i want to listen to the leak i will and  i will not feel guilty about it :smokes4:

Literally! Like kudos to you if you want to wait out of respect, I get that, but if you bought even one vinyl it's the equivalent of something like 200 hours of streaming revenue for the artist and their team. Anyone dragging others cannot physically stream that much next week. If you bought physicals, then hearing the album a week early is going to make so little difference, at least from a monetary standpoint. Plus if you're on this site, then you're probably still going to stream this several times a day once it's out lol  

Spoiler

Out of every song on the album, I think that Thunder and VFR have the best single potential commercially. I'd really love a video for Black Bathing Suit, though, so I'm hoping that Lana gives us that (as well as a Thunder video, that would be spectacular)

imageproxy.jpg

27 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

So is The Trio LDR and her two siblings? Someone has probably suggested this. 

It’s interesting that people are interpreting the trio as people who are working together in partnership, but in the movie they’re actually racing and dueling against each other… I interpreted her use of the song as her in a stand-off with the media, but then idk who the third entity could be (if “trio” is supposed to be taken literally)

UbsOye5.png

Beautiful…

Spoiler

Has the intro none of ya’ll wanted, piano asf :ma:

Beautiful has the high ass vocals reminiscent of Narwhal that are chef’s kiss :cumming2:

Beautiful has a melody that haunts my dreams, leaving me wanting more :bodyisready:

Beautiful isn’t a cultural reset, it’s a supernatural phenomenon that transcends space and time :true:

Beautiful is beautiful asf :read:

Revisiting the STUNNING alternate Arcadia video now with the whole album in mind. 

It's such a glorious statement of honesty, openness, reflection, surrender, transcendence. Golden sunlight evoking truth and clarity, magic hour evoking an ending or transition, as she floats in the clouds over her beloved Topanga mountains, in all white like a high priestess, an ascended deity. The emotions in her face dancing from sentimental reflection to penetrating wisdom to pure joy and irreverence.

Always present, straight to the camera, inviting you in, asking you to accept her exactly as she is. She is in her power, released by singing her truth. This describes the album as well. The video embodies it perfectly.