Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

It’s interesting that people are interpreting the trio as people who are working together in partnership, but in the movie they’re actually racing and dueling against each other… I interpreted her use of the song as her in a stand-off with the media, but then idk who the third entity could be (if “trio” is supposed to be taken literally)

the trio is her past present and future coming for revenge :true:

mUENGN9.png

Spoiler

i appreciate blue banisters, text book and wildflower wildfire so much more now that i've heard them in context

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

8 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

It’s interesting that people are interpreting the trio as people who are working together in partnership, but in the movie they’re actually racing and dueling against each other… I interpreted her use of the song as her in a stand-off with the media, but then idk who the third entity could be (if “trio” is supposed to be taken literally)

Love that interpretation. Lana, Lizzy, and the media, maybe? Lana's public persona, who she really is, and the media who attacks both?

23 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Which song’s production is everyone’s favorite/most interesting track? 

Spoiler

BBS and if you lay down with me hands down! I love the meandering, chaotic wildness of BBS, imo it’s like her chemtrails era songwriting went to a chiropractor and got really loose and free. And the loud, bright, jazzy horns and the end of IYLDWI are heavenly, something I’ve missed a lot since honeymoon. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

I only heard a small amount of IYLDWM but it could work so well w a shades of cool type of mv with her slow/sloppy dancing with a lover, in a dark room by a fireplace with a glass of whiskey in the man’s hand because that’s what I felt like listening to it :true:

53 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Hide contents

Black Bathing Suit is so interesting and different than I expected but still so good wow 

:cumming: It even sounds mildly trippy with that production and those drums.

Spoiler

At first, I loved the crows at the beginning, the melody… then there were many shifts and turns in the tempo, plus all the references to the pandemic, that I told myself « This will be a grower for sure, like TextBook. » I was expecting some sorta bop after she put The Trio in the Arcadia MV, but I’m glad I read on Friday that BBS was If This Is The End and Grenadine Quarantine, so I could dive into that complex track with that in mind and not expect a HBTB/ Cherry /TJF late summer anthem. 

Spoiler

Thinking about a triple video with Black Bathing Suit, Dealer and WW :et: It goes from unhinged excellence to peaceful excellence, kind of like a Tropico situation 

imageproxy.jpg

21 minutes ago, Stargirls Dealer said:

Beautiful…

Hide contents

Has the intro none of ya’ll wanted, piano asf :ma:

Beautiful has the high ass vocals reminiscent of Narwhal that are chef’s kiss :cumming2:

Beautiful has a melody that haunts my dreams, leaving me wanting more :bodyisready:

Beautiful isn’t a cultural reset, it’s a supernatural phenomenon that transcends space and time :true:

Beautiful is beautiful asf :read:

Spoiler

Her team should push that one as a single: it’s the right length, it adresses so much of the « LDR persona » and well, it’s one of her catchiest melodies ever. 

Alright, I'm still withholding impressions until post-release, but here's my album ranking:

Spoiler

1. Ultraviolence

2. Honeymoon

3. Blue Banisters

4. Born To Die/Paradise

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

6. Lust For Life

7. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

I say this every album cycle, but I doubt anything will ever unseat Ultraviolence for me; it is my absolute, of-all-time, favorite album. I will say that Blue Banisters and Honeymoon are very, very nearly a tie, but the cohesiveness of Honeymoon as a record just slightly edges BB out. I'm usually pretty deadset about my album rankings, so for me, BB making it this high in the ranking is significant. The fact that it unseats BTD/Paradise is already a big deal to me, because I'm super attached to that record. This album legitimately floored me.

15 minutes ago, fantascination said:

Love that interpretation. Lana, Lizzy, and the media, maybe? Lana's public persona, who she really is, and the media who attacks both?

That could very well be! I also thought maybe the third is “the culture” (as in “the culture is lit” & QFTC?) or general public, or even her own fans?? Idk I’m obsessed that there are so many possibilities tho. It’s so fun to hear what everyone comes up with 

UbsOye5.png

14 minutes ago, your dealer said:

This album really cements Lana’s legacy as a prolific artist. 

I can’t even imagine where she’ll go next. Everything she does is just so fascinating. 

I had this exact thought earlier today. I was in the car listening to IYLDWM. I used to think NFR was her magnum opus, the peak of her artistic prowess, but I stand corrected. It's this.