Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Hide contents

It’s listed as track 16 on my list i wonder if it will actually be a bonus track? 

Spoiler

yeah mine too! did this leak come from the CD maybe? and the strings version was on that? idk

FzytWEW.png

I really hope this Beautiful (Strings Mix) everyone is talking about is going to be the digital version

Spoiler

'cause it seems so exciting and I haven't found it so I hope I get to *officially* listen to it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Hide contents

It’s listed as track 16 on my list i wonder if it will actually be a bonus track? 

Kinda worried that

Spoiler

this was the original mix and then Lana stripped it back for the actual release. We know the leak didn't have it on it, so I'm hoping that is just an early version of the record (Like how Fuck It I Love You had two mixes, my CD has the original mix). Because while Beautiful is one of my favourites, I think the strings make it even more distinct. And we know it's not just a random fan edit since the instruments are real and actually play the melody. 

Maybe Beautiful will be the next single and there is a second version for release? :um2: It would be a bit of a depature for her but other artists are constantly releasing '[My Song] (String Version' and I would be down for like her entire discography to get that treatment.

3lfQEhw.png

Just now, takeitdoen said:

Kinda worried that

Hide contents

this was the original mix and then Lana stripped it back for the actual release. We know the leak didn't have it on it, so I'm hoping that is just an early version of the record (Like how Fuck It I Love You had two mixes, my CD has the original mix). Because while Beautiful is one of my favourites, I think the strings make it even more distinct. And we know it's not just a random fan edit since the instruments are real and actually play the melody. 

Maybe Beautiful will be the next single and there is a second version for release? :um2:

Well it definitely can’t be on the physical as a bonus because we’ve seen the back cover. It will either be a digital only bonus or it wil be the actual digital version. It elevates the original imo, so i hope we get it.

4 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:
  Hide contents

wait what string version? is it real different from the album version? 

Spoiler

I’m not sure if I listened to the same one as everyone else, but the strings were v minimal like how people described some of the instrumentation in Arcadia being as if you imagined it. But it also sounded kind of fan-made to me (the vocals seemed extra loud) so I’m not even sure if it’s legit :rip:

UbsOye5.png

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

I’m not sure if I listened to the same one as everyone else, but the strings were v minimal like how people described some of the instrumentation in Arcadia being as if you imagined it. But it also sounded kind of fan-made to me (the vocals seemed extra loud) so I’m not even sure if it’s legit :rip:

Spoiler

noted ty! 

UV/Honeymoon

Just now, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

I’m not sure if I listened to the same one as everyone else, but the strings were v minimal like how people described some of the instrumentation in Arcadia being as if you imagined it. But it also sounded kind of fan-made to me (the vocals seemed extra loud) so I’m not even sure it it’s legit :rip:

they are minimal until the end where it’s pretty much a string outro.

Just now, Coney Island King said:

Hide contents

they are minimal until the end where it’s pretty much a string outro.

Spoiler

I don’t remember a string outro :bebe: I’m so confused lemme go listen to it again 

UbsOye5.png

Spoiler

Didn't a member here mention that Boz said on ATRL that the strings version is the final mix but apparently vinyl production was rushed and couldn't have been included on the physicals so it'll be the digital version of the track? Basically FIILY redux. The 3:54 strings version leaked way too soon - almost simultaneously with the piano-only version - for it to be fan-made. I may be wrong though.

4 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

I’m not sure if I listened to the same one as everyone else, but the strings were v minimal like how people described some of the instrumentation in Arcadia being as if you imagined it. But it also sounded kind of fan-made to me (the vocals seemed extra loud) so I’m not even sure it it’s legit :rip:

Spoiler

The strings version has a quartet prominent throughout, but the biggest indicator is there is an outtro where they are playing harmonics and tremolo. The strings are real. Around 3:29 you can hear the violin play the descending 'Beautiful, beautiful like you' motif . . . so I don't think this is a fan edit unless a fan actually just played all the parts and made this. In which case, props to them it sounds incredible. But I don't think the album has been out long enough for that to happen haha. 

1 minute ago, BlueGreenGray said:
  Hide contents

Didn't a member here mention that Boz said on ATRL that the strings version is the final mix but apparently vinyl production was rushed and couldn't have been included on the physicals so it'll be the digital version of the track? Basically FIILY redux. I may be wrong though. 

I hope so!!! :karaoke:

3lfQEhw.png

I just wanted to say this, and I have nowhere else to say it:

For me, Lana's music - especially Born to Die, Ultraviolence, and Honeymoon - is so nostalgic, and so evocative of my teenage years. It triggers those memories and those sensations for me in a way that nothing else does. I first discovered Lana in 2011, with the Video Games MV; I was 13 years old. I'm 23 years old now. I literally grew up with Lana and her music. 

I remember riding in my best friend's car when I sixteen years old, screaming the lyrics to Born to Die and Off to the Races, not really understanding what they meant back then, but, simultaneously, understanding exactly what they meant. I remember being sprawled out on my bed, drunk, listening to West Coast, feeling every inch of it in the marrow of my bones. I remember Honeymoon, and Art Deco, and The Blackest Day, and all of the things those songs made me feel.

Lana was an integral part of my childhood. An integral part of my formative years. And Blue Banisters feels like the ultimate cumulation of that; it feels, in a way, like we've grown and matured together. Here I am, ten years later, an adult who's seen so much and been so through so much in the last ten years. And I just feel like Blue Banisters reflects those feelings, and that maturation, so well.

I don't know. I'm drunk, and I'm probably being over-sentimental. But I can already tell that this album is going to be significant, and sentimental, to me.