Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Spoiler

LAsj2QP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I’m no art connoisseur and idk who the artist is, but I saw this painting a while ago and I think BB and this are like on the same wavelength. Lana’s recent “a day in the life” lyricism style takes ordinary instances and makes them artful the same way this painter was able to take something I really don’t care for (modern cars, sorry :crossed:) and find and express the beauty in them. It also kinda ties into the NFR artwork., It would kinda slay if Lana contacted this artist and they worked on some visuals together for the album but I get that it’s already too late for that :/

edit: the artists name is Lindsey Kustusch! her stuff is beautiful, definitely look her up

UbsOye5.png

15 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

I’ve had Violets For Roses stuck in my head all day. It’s such a beautifully confident song.

My favorite of the new songs. 

1 hour ago, YourGirl666 said:
  Hide contents

Is it just me or BBS sounds like Born to Die meets COCC?

There are definitely great similarities to COCC. Both together would have made one terrific double album. 

Rankings nobody asked for ❤

From favorite to least favorite:

1. If You Lie Down With Me
  2. Dealer
  3. Black Bathing Suit
  4. Text Book
  5. Beautiful
  6. Thunder
  7. Wildflower Wildfire
  8. Sweet Carolina
  9. Arcadia
  10. Violets for Roses
  11. Blue Banisters
  12. The Trio
Spoiler

IYLDWM - Platinum tier

2-6: Gold tier

7, 8: Silver tier

Arcadia: Good tier

VfR: Ok tier

BB: "ehhhh" tier

Trio - It's an instrumental interlude; I don't dislike it but i'd rather listen to the other songs on here.

Sweet Carolina would move up a few spots if it weren't for that god-awful second verse. It really drags down an otherwise perfect song.

whatarecoloris.jpg

just finished first listen and

Spoiler

holy SHIT Sweet Carolina is so good, love Beautiful and really like Violets for Roses too- not so sure abt BBS and IYLDWM yet but they'll grow on me like Blue Banisters did

new Thunder is a classic too, Dealer being lowered in pitch makes me kinda sad but at least it's still great

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

1 hour ago, BlueGreenGray said:
  Hide contents

Didn't a member here mention that Boz said on ATRL that the strings version is the final mix but apparently vinyl production was rushed and couldn't have been included on the physicals so it'll be the digital version of the track? Basically FIILY redux. The 3:54 strings version leaked way too soon - almost simultaneously with the piano-only version - for it to be fan-made. I may be wrong though.

So I'm just curious if no one else is concerned about who this "boz" is and why he's always leaking information that Lana prolly intends to keep confidential

I'm having a hard time ranking the songs because I'm having a hard time enjoying the album but:

Spoiler
  1. Arcadia
  2. Living Legend
  3. Thunder (very disappointed it's not the OG version)
  4. Nectar of the Gods
  5. Black Bathing Suit
  6. Dealer
  7. Textbook (would be higher, but that BLM line doesn't hit right...)
  8. Sweet Carolina
  9. Blue Banisters 
  10. If You Lie Down with Me
  11. Cherry Blossom
  12. Wildflower Wildfire
  13. Beautiful
  14. Violets for Roses
  15. The Trio

Is anyone else not feeling the album? I feel so left out, although I'm really happy everyone seems to love it! 

3 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

I'm having a hard time ranking the songs because I'm having a hard time enjoying the album but:

Hide contents
  1. Arcadia
  2. Living Legend
  4. Nectar of the Gods
  5. Black Bathing Suit
  6. Dealer
  8. Sweet Carolina
  9. Blue Banisters 
  11. Cherry Blossom
  12. Wildflower Wildfire
  13. Beautiful
  14. Violets for Roses
  15. The Trio

Is anyone else not feeling the album? I feel so left out, although I'm really happy everyone seems to love it! 

I feel the same way :rip: I’m trying and trying to listen to force myself to hear what everyone else is and it’s just not happening

Spoiler

not Lanas dad eating up every other pianist Lana has worked with in the past 6 years on Sweet Carolina :trisha: like truly such an incredible ballad its not too long or short she's serving the instrumental is serving its such an incredible closer :true:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

13 hours ago, Yosemite said:

I think you’re missing two pages, aren’t you?

I just edited my OG post and added the missing picture. It's the third picture in the post. :smile3:

is Blue Banisters really that good? i’m waiting till Friday to hear it offically in all it’s  glory i’ve heard snippets of the unrealeased songs unfortunately on TikTok… is it up there with nfr?

1 minute ago, LustForDelRey said:

is Blue Banisters really that good? i’m waiting till Friday to hear it offically in all it’s  glory i’ve heard snippets of the unrealeased songs unfortunately on TikTok… is it up there with nfr?

For me at least, 100% yes, it's in my top 3! Some aspects of it take some contemplating, but after a few listens it's become one of my favorites

Just now, UhaulJ0e said:

For me at least, 100% yes, it's in my top 3! Some aspects of it take some contemplating, but after a few listens it's become one of my favorites

omg i can’t wait, i heard snippet of nectar of the gods a few weeks ago it sounded so good 😭

36 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Arcadia
  2. Living Legend
  4. Nectar of the Gods
  5. Black Bathing Suit
  6. Dealer
  8. Sweet Carolina
  9. Blue Banisters 
  11. Cherry Blossom
  12. Wildflower Wildfire
  13. Beautiful
  14. Violets for Roses
  15. The Trio

Spoiler

i feel this. i think the new songs are okay… if you lie down with me is my favorite of them all. the thunder rework is great imo but thats about all i have to say. i was so ready for this to be one of my fave albums of hers but its just not hitting for me.