Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

33 minutes ago, LustForDelRey said:

is Blue Banisters really that good? i’m waiting till Friday to hear it offically in all it’s  glory i’ve heard snippets of the unrealeased songs unfortunately on TikTok… is it up there with nfr?

Spoiler

Depends. If you didn't like the wordy, poetic, meandering nature of the already released tracks, you probably won't care for it. If you enjoyed the tracks, you'll at least like the album. It's her most dense album, but rewarding if you give it multiple listens. I personally was overwhelmed and didn't know if I liked the album on first listen, but now it's a favorite of mine with NFR and Honeymoon

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

From the first time I listened to Dealer, I knew this album was gonna be all over the place in terms of reviews/opinions. Like I said a few days ago, the best word to describe the album is "jarring", which can be good or bad depending on how you feel about it. The album as a whole feels like reading straight out Lana's diary. It's kind of a 50/50 split between love it and don't love it right now for those of us who have heard it. That's why I'm somewhat looking forward to the official release and reviews. I have a feeling those will reflect that 50/50. 

imageproxy.jpg

17 minutes ago, Thunder said:
Spoiler

Depends. If you didn't like the wordy, poetic, meandering nature of the already released tracks, you probably won't care for it. If you enjoyed the tracks, you'll at least like the album. It's her most dense album, but rewarding if you give it multiple listens. I personally was overwhelmed and didn't know if I liked the album on first listen, but now it's a favorite of mine with NFR and Honeymoon

Describes exactly how I felt!

Spoiler

Initial confusion and overwhelmingness followed by intense admiration for it 

Yeah, I see this being a very polarizing, love or hate type of thing with the critics and reviewers. Probably around the early 70's range.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

In regards to the polarized reactions to Blue Banisters that echo the mixed initial reviews of Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, maybe she was onto something here

g56ewvqs2yl71.png?auto=webp&s=4050671916

ladies? Beautiful as a single? these look wildly different on my phone and computer so idk. im sorry I can't let this format die and I'm sorry I'm addicted to making ugly diy album arts.. like lana like stan <3

Spoiler

lcRyBxK.jpg

qgngZeI.jpg

UbsOye5.png

1 hour ago, Sugar Venom said:

kinda in love with the way blue banisters (song) sounds like you're underwater

Spoiler

ironically, black bathing suit does as well